Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What do you miss more?

W

WasStefan

Answers on a postcard, Friday/ Saturday evening games really get the juices going for a night out combined with Molineux under the lights, i’m starting to think the social aspect is more or less equal to actually watching the football. Be interesting to see if anyone feels the same.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have put both equally.

I tend to only have ‘a sesh’ on the rare opportunity I get to away games*, but I’m definitely missing the traditional couple of pre-match pints in Wolverhampton before home matches. Hell, I’m even missing the train ride or drive up from London every other weekend!

*who remembers when debates about who deserves away tickets used to be a thing?

R

reanswolf

Always been the combination - session with beer and mates = match.
Both are absolutely critical components to agreat day out.

Getting absolutely smashed aint something I do any more, just a gentle few 4-5 beers.
But absolutely love the combination. One without the other don't really work for me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I have a 5-hour round trip to Molineux so it’s the match and atmosphere itself rather than an all-day session.

Actually, the thing I miss most is being able to share some quality time and great moments with my Dad and son.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times has the football been the downside to a good day out at the football!

Missing seeing friends, the buzz of the pub before, the electricity of the ground, especially with a win, even the half time crush in the South Bank (it’s never worth trying to go outside for a smoke). Then tonight would have been back to the pub for a few, good cheers of the regulars half of whom you don’t know but do know, especially when we’ve won.

Going to be a long time before that happens again.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just miss the normality of life, not to start another debate but I think Covid has been blown out of all proportion and these lockdowns will ruin more lives than Covid would if we just protected the most vulnerable. My sympathies to those who have suffered from it but I just think the economic and mental impact of these lockdowns are going to be greater than the impact of the virus itself

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sitting at home watching a game and a couple of bottles of beer is enough. Go to a game and it's pints all day not a bother once we arrive in Wolverhampton.

The body doesn't know what's hit it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sitting at home watching a game and a couple of bottles of beer is enough. Go to a game and it's pints all day not a bother once we arrive in Wolverhampton.

The body doesn't know what's hit it.
Time to punish you liver and kidneys.... lol

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Away matches, to answer the OP's question, nice day or weekend out, finding a really good coffee shop (Fulham) or a great eatery (jerk chicken @ Arsenal, homemade burgers @ QPR, Italian @ Huddersfield) or a nice hotel (Norwich, Brighton, Hull, Southampton) or staying with old mates from 40 odd years ago (Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds), thats what i REALLY miss, each away day was like a mini holiday with a footie match and friends thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom