Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What’s happened to VAR?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Putting aside the fact we were pretty **** today I’m asking what’s happened to VAR? Does anyone seriously believe we get a penalty as soft as that today? Then to have it confirmed on VAR? What the actual **** is going on? We’ve had players wiped out in the box this season and been given **** all.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Putting aside the fact we were pretty **** today I’m asking what’s happened to VAR? Does anyone seriously believe we get a penalty as soft as that today? Then to have it confirmed on VAR? What the actual **** is going on? We’ve had players wiped out in the box this season and been given **** all.
Yeah think it was a pen. Saiss should have been sent off, think we got rub of the green from them ref tbh

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not over turned rather than confirmed. no a major issue. we did not lose.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to explain it but we all know we’d never get a penalty like that given for Adama but it appears their lad is a new golden child so….

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never a penalty in a million years. The ref cheated because of a vocal home crowd.

Do not let that distract from the fact that we were embarrassing against an U23 side. They totally deserved a point, totally. But that referee is a coward and a cheat.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People saying we got what we deserved are missing the point. It was never a penalty.

Crowd won it.

As for VAR, I’m glad it’s taking a backseat, even if it’s at our detriment this time.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never a penalty in a million years. The ref cheated because of a vocal home crowd.

Do not let that distract from the fact that we were embarrassing against an U23 side. They totally deserved a point, totally. But that referee is a coward and a cheat.
Contact in the box. Soft as **** but enough contact to award a foul. Not enough evidence in a replay to overturn it.

Nothing to see here, penalty is the right decision.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

It was soft but today we gave the ref the decisions to make we were lucky with a point, we sat back like the Villa last week.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't need to confirm it, need clear evidence to overturn it. Pushed him in the back
Push? The offence was with his elbow.

To those who say it's a penalty. Do you remember Cooper's elbow on Jimenez first half? There's as much 'force' in that as what Semedo did. Clearly, it's never a penalty in a million years - just like Semedo's!

The ref gave it because he bottled it in front of a big crowd.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Didn’t think it was a penalty but was never going to be overturned.

Do think it could have been a red for Saiss. Was a horrible (albeit unintentional) challenge on Raphinha.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Push? The offence was with his elbow.

To those who say it's a penalty. Do you remember Cooper's elbow on Jimenez first half? There's as much 'force' in that as what Semedo did. Clearly, it's never a penalty in a million years - just like Semedo's!

The ref gave it because he bottled it in front of a big crowd.
You can push someone with your elbow. We got the rub of the green with the ref decisions for most of game. Move on

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can push someone with your elbow. We got the rub of the green with the ref decisions for most of game. Move on
No we didn't. Saiss, maybe.

The penalty is a massive decision though and it's not one. Explain the difference between what Cooper did and what Semedo did.

You're just influenced by the ref. Answer this. Do you honestly think it would've been given if the ref hadn't given it?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we didn't. Saiss, maybe.

The penalty is a massive decision though and it's not one. Explain the difference between what Cooper did and what Semedo did.

You're just influenced by the ref. Answer this. Do you honestly think it would've been given if the ref hadn't given it?
There wasn't enough evidence available to overturn a decision either way. So if the penalty wasn't awarded in play, it wouldn't have been after the VAR check.

In my opinion Semedo's challenge was more a penalty than Targett's tackle yesterday in which he won the ball.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There wasn't enough evidence available to overturn a decision either way. So if the penalty wasn't awarded in play, it wouldn't have been after the VAR check.

In my opinion Semedo's challenge was more a penalty than Targett's tackle yesterday in which he won the ball.
Not disagreeing in terms of Targett.

But, take our game. Cooper's elbow touched Raul's head. If we're giving penalties for the elbow touching the opponent in the box, that's a penalty.

For the record, Cooper's is never a penalty in a million years but nor is this one. The young ref gave in to the crowd.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Contact in the box. Soft as **** but enough contact to award a foul. Not enough evidence in a replay to overturn it.

Nothing to see here, penalty is the right decision.
It's not. They've had the remit this season to only give a penalty if they think the contact is enough to warrant the player going over (to stop people going over at the slightest contact), and that most definitely wasn't the case today

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The contact wasn't sufficient to bring him down so the player launched himself in a theatrical dive. Not a penalty for me, especially as at the start of the season it was made clear contact does not automatically mean it is a foul.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was shoved from behind with an extended arm/elbow, not a shoulder. It negated a scoring chance. VAR upheld the call and they were correct.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the ref guessed that it was a penalty. VAR would of given it anyway as it was a penalty.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the ref guessed that it was a penalty. VAR would of given it anyway as it was a penalty.
I can guarantee we won't get penalties for more than what happened today. If the ref doesn't give it VAR doesn't say he got it wrong

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It was very soft, but Semedo doesn’t need to do it. We’d defended brilliantly up to then and it’s so annoying that one of our players has a brain fart and it costs us two points

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
VAR is pretty much now being used how it should have been used in the first place. Regardless of today's soft pen we're massively better off with its minimal use.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
VAR is pretty much now being used how it should have been used in the first place. Regardless of today's soft pen we're massively better off with its minimal use.
Agree it’s much better. You don’t really notice it at all in most games. The only time you do it’s usually when Mike Dean or Oliver are in charge, which should tell the PL what they need to get rid of next!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
It was very soft, but Semedo doesn’t need to do it. We’d defended brilliantly up to then and it’s so annoying that one of our players has a brain fart and it costs us two points
Was injured and hobbling. Just couldn't get close to the Leeds player....unfortunate.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree it’s much better. You don’t really notice it at all in most games. The only time you do it’s usually when Mike Dean or Oliver are in charge, which should tell the PL what they need to get rid of next!

By co-incidence M Dean was given some screen time talking to Belsia and not long after, Penalty!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The contact wasn't sufficient to bring him down so the player launched himself in a theatrical dive. Not a penalty for me, especially as at the start of the season it was made clear contact does not automatically mean it is a foul.
That’s exactly how I saw it too. When I think of some of the challenges our players have suffered in the box and nothing doing it takes the ****.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not. They've had the remit this season to only give a penalty if they think the contact is enough to warrant the player going over (to stop people going over at the slightest contact), and that most definitely wasn't the case today
I disagree. A nudge in the back at pace IS enough to make a player go to ground.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR isn't asked to confirm, only to see if there is sufficient to question the original decision (officially it can't overrule).
Yes, the problem here is the referee who caved in to the crowd pressure. He didn't even give it straight away. Took a slight delay.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why did VAR give Arsenal a penalty Friday, yet didn’t give us one last season, away at Arsenal?

Back
Top Bottom