Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham Verdict

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abject from start to finish. Not sure GON has a grip on what his best team and XI is with Neto out.

The very definition of a one man team, unfortunately. Selling off the crown jewels over the years, then subpar recruitment in replacing, and an inexperienced manager to boot, have all come to play a part in where we currently find ourselves.

Saying all that, we're going to have to get used to results and performances like this while FOSUN remain. They'll be happy with 17th and that's it.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are you all enjoying Gazball?
Strange one.

Watched it with the my daughter, she's getting into football, and we are playing her local (and now favourite team) so actually went well considering her joy at goals and watching the sport I enjoy was great, and reminded me of myself when little. Just a shame it was against my own team.

So, whilst that was awful from one perspective, it was quite fun on the other hand. Wolves were **** from both.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My saving grace today was that my stream went down after their third goal went in. Good timing really.

To be honest, I didn’t try too hard to find another one either.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactics absolutely horrendous

Why is every single players first thought to go back? That has to be on the manager.

Awful tactics to go to a back 4 against bowen and kudus . Insane

Semedo MOTM and another assist to his name if it wasn’t for Sarabia not having a brain

Bentley is appalling . 3 goals in 2 games have been his and Sa’s fault or at least contribution towards.

All on the manager and his negative tactics of playing slow football

Use of subs absolutely horrific.

Where do we go from here? A Chelsea team needing some confidence !

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER, MESSIAH, PE TEACHER.................

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 awful goals to give away.

Bentley and Toti should have done better, but we were so open for all 3.

We have no creativity, no out and out striker, give the ball away and concede soft goals.

Plenty to work on, Gary.

Oh, and one more thing about the match. How on earth did Coufal manage to stay on the pitch? 2 assaults on Bellegarde with his shoulder, one in each half . No booking for the first one was a mystery. Second one was awful, when he was yellow carded. Awful, dangerous challenges.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite surprised by the formation switch. I guess it didn’t quite go to plan.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Predictable against a team whose had our number since that 4 nill debacle in Nunus last year.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Awful from start to finish.

Where do we start?

Bentley horrendous in goal. Absolutely no focal point upfront at all - we looked clueless in the final third in the first half. CB’s slow as hell. Hwang absolutely awful (he is a massive concern for me, I’ll take a hit for this but his goals absolutely do paper over the cracks).

How is Sasa not getting on? Should have been on at half time.

Awful subs again.

3-4 quality additions needed in this team.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
I think it would be okayish if we seemed to be carrying as much of the squad as possible with this effort.

Yes, a brief to keep us up but surely also to try and get the best out of as much of the squad as possible.

We haven't got a deep enough squad to reduce it even further.

If there's a season for development this is it.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This kind of result has been coming.

We’ve now ‘crept’ to a -8 goal difference too.

We are starting too slowly with sloppy passing and seemingly low energy. This is on the manager. As is the poor recent use of subs. I do not get the reluctance to give substitute minutes to people other than full backs and midfielders.

People were excited by the team and set up today. I wasn’t. I never want to see a back 4 again with this team and manager.

We are in a bad run now IMO, Burnley win has papered over the cracks.

Time for Gary to earn his money. We won’t go down, no way, but this **** needs sorting.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was coming. We've not played well since the Spuds match and picking up 4 points has masked our deficiencies, albeit those points were against poor teams, we still looked crap.
Every season a mid-table club seems to get dragged into the relegation battle. I was hoping it would be Forest or Palace, or even Bournemouth, this season. I just hope it won't be us, but if we fail to start playing football with energy and passion and if GON picks crazy formations, has Bentley in goal for any length of time or if he fails to grasp the purpose of 5 subs, it could be.
Wet Sham didn't really have to get out of second gear and considering they were thumped 5-0 last time out and played in Europe on Thursday, they won at a canter.
Over to you, GON and the Wolves' squad!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactics absolutely horrendous

Why is every single players first thought to go back? That has to be on the manager.

Awful tactics to go to a back 4 against bowen and kudus . Insane

Semedo MOTM and another assist to his name if it wasn’t for Sarabia not having a brain

Bentley is appalling . 3 goals in 2 games have been his and Sa’s fault or at least contribution towards.

All on the manager and his negative tactics of playing slow football

Use of subs absolutely horrific.

Where do we go from here? A Chelsea team needing some confidence !
There’s no way o’neil is telling his players to pass back. Thats just lazy. It’s down to the confidence of the player and his team mates making space for a pass in front of him. The latter we have been particularly poor at for a long time.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long term very concerning. We may scrape by this season, but this can't go on. Nil leadership and charisma on the pitch and nil in the dug out. A recipe for relegation, if not this season, then next. He fluked a couple of wins, but GON simply ain't got it.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Always the same on a Sunday afternoon. Probably be the same next Sunday.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
No tempo or intensity to our play. Everything's too slow. Players not doing the basics. We've been consistently playing at a low standard for most of the season, with a few obvious exceptions where we've raised our game against the big boys. But in the 'run of the mill' games we've been poor without exception.

I don't fear relegation this season due to the three promoted teams being so far off it, but next season is looking ominous unless something changes.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Very poor performance compounded by by poor tactical decisions. Why do we always start off so slow and negatively. We have 2 forwards whose combined wages are over£100,000pw that are not even considered even when we don't look like scoring. Gon needs to wake up before before the fans turn on him. We can take being beat by a better team but no fight or effort no chance.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was coming. We've not played well since the Spuds match and picking up 4 points has masked our deficiencies, albeit those points were against poor teams, we still looked crap.
Every season a mid-table club seems to get dragged into the relegation battle. I was hoping it would be Forest or Palace, or even Bournemouth, this season. I just hope it won't be us, but if we fail to start playing football with energy and passion and if GON picks crazy formations, has Bentley in goal for any length of time or if he fails to grasp the purpose of 5 subs, it could be.
Wet Sham didn't really have to get out of second gear and considering they were thumped 5-0 last time out and played in Europe on Thursday, they won at a canter.
Over to you, GON and the Wolves' squad!

I think we are 16 points from safety and the bottom three are really bad. Hopefully we will be OK.

Back
Top Bottom