Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham v Wolves comms thread.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dross…..complete & utter dross. Hoever no where near good enough. Trincao even worse. Dendonker in headless chicken mode. Neves wanted too much time. Coady showed his vulnerabilities ie way too slow. Pass, pass, pass, pass and then nothing.

If I was in to conspiracy theories, I’d swear that Bruno had been told not to bother with Europa league due to the issues we had last time.

On a serious note, we need to be far better than that. It was embarrassing. One shot on target in the whole game.

Now I need to go and kick the cat…….(only joking)
With regards to your Europe comment, I said something similar several weeks ago. We seem to get ourselves into a strong position and then totally implode, for no apparent reason.
I wonder whether we'd face sanctions, if we were to qualify for Europe again?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not quite at the races after a tough game in the week forced to many changes in one game. Nothing from Trincau again, a bit better from Silva in second half, good to see Neto back, might be starting again soon. Hope Jonny is back soon.
Seasons not over yet with 4 out of 5 at home coming up. That can get us back in the frame if we end up the right side of what are sure to be marginal games.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think most of us thought where are the goals and the wing backs looked less than inspiring to say the least.
There’s no goals in this team. Certainly not enough to consistently make the difference when we are conceding.
Not really conceding goals - even top 4 teams can let in a goal a match. It's out goal scoring that's the problem. Disappointing that after signs of improvement in that aspect recently, today we've dropped back to the worst of the last couple of years. Its like we're not even that interested in scoring, just want to knock the ball slowly around inside our own half for 90 minutes and "see what happens".
That’s what I was attempting to say: our attack is so bad that when we do concede we have little chance of getting a result or certainly max points. Leicester I hoped was the turning point. Even though we were poor and Leicester were the better team on the day we actually managed to score more than one which ultimately got us the 3 points.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sign Trincao then serious questions need to be asked. He literally does nothing. Fraser and Roberts in the u18's would do better. Marcal woeful as well and Dendoncker up to his old tricks of vanishing. Hwang nowhere near enough involved. Hoever so poor.

Poor selection from Bruno and tactics in this game and the last have cost us. Why revert to this defensive crap when we are so much better when playing on the front foot? Old Trafford anyone?

Some serious questions over some of these players after this game. Some of them look like they wouldnt score a goal in league one!
One of our games last season a R5 pundit was commenting on our very negative style of play. An ex player himself, he said that when a team gets into a defensive mind set it can be difficult to break out of it and it also saps energy both mentally and physically.

Can’t see us getting 7th this season as I think our goals scored are worse than last season?

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Maybe our owners don' t want European football.
because the last 3 performances have lacked quality big Time!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a Nuno like style of football happens could it because of a lack of investment he is using 95% of nuno’s squad????

Judge him after some money is spent like Nuno got in the championship and the first two seasons in the prem.
I wasn’t judging him, I was judging the football. Then speculated at Fosun’s lack of patience with failure.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of our games last season a R5 pundit was commenting on our very negative style of play. An ex player himself, he said that when a team gets into a defensive mind set it can be difficult to break out of it and it also saps energy both mentally and physically.

Can’t see us getting 7th this season as I think our goals scored are worse than last season?

36 goals from 38 matches last season. 24 from 26 so far this. That would project to around 35 for the season, so hardly a significant change. 51 the season before, so a big drop from that. (though adding the 11 from Jota & Doc almost covers the difference).

This seasons improvement in results has definitely been from a much improved defence, including the keeper.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t judging him, I was judging the football. Then speculated at Fosun’s lack of patience with failure.

It's the definition of failure that's important? I doubt they would regard finishing 8th to 10th this season as a failure, given the full context. Though who knows? Fosun seem to have more patience than a lot of the supporters who want statues in the city when we win and everybody sacked when we lose. :)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah ok, sorry if I jumped in two footed….

I think for the occasional “Nuno of last season performance” and finishing top half with essentially the same team and not having a striker who looks like scoring, I think he is more than safe.

Also the media enjoy watching us play again and talk about us in a positive way again, when after last season even our biggest fans in the media like Shearer hammered us. And if the media like you and talk well about you, then it helps the brand and the bottom line and Fosun care deeply about both of those things. So again bruno will be safe for that reason too.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There’s a relatively fine balance between being good enough at this level and not good enough. I would say “on their day”, the majority of our players are good enough.

The problem largely, is that majority have too many mediocre days. I can only think of a handful of games this season where the whole team was on song. (Perhaps that is the same for any team. I wouldn’t know, I don’t analyse others).

Even when we have won some of the marginal games, there has been at least 2 of the starting 11 that were virtually anonymous. Not always the same 2 either, brilliant one game, missing the next. That is the thing I find very strange. How can this manifest itself throughout the whole team.

I think we have too many individuals that excel in one area but are extremely weak in others. We don’t have enough “rounded” players imo.

Teams have realised that we are not comfortable playing out from the back against a high press. We are not that great even when given time. Lately this has led to a panic ball, played into a player that is running back towards his own goal and the ball just isn’t sticking. Nobody can hold it up and it just comes straight back.

We have done very well, with what we have. Ground out results through working hard but to move to the next level I honestly think, we are 3 or 4 players short.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
36 goals from 38 matches last season. 24 from 26 so far this. That would project to around 35 for the season, so hardly a significant change. 51 the season before, so a big drop from that. (though adding the 11 from Jota & Doc almost covers the difference).

This seasons improvement in results has definitely been from a much improved defence, including the keeper.
Exactly. We shipped goals out not in. The fact we're where we are this season
is pretty incredible really

Back
Top Bottom