Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham in for Kightly

W

wolvesman

Message for Curbishley
:D:D:D then a big snoooooooooooor
then do not disturb sign up.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete joke. He wouldn't get Kightly's right ear for that.

Plus the Mirror is the biggest waste of space as far as footie rumours go...

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its gonna be a long hard summer.

I will be AMAZED if Hennessey, SEB & Kightly are here come the end of August.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its gonna be a long hard summer.

I will be AMAZED if Hennessey, SEB & Kightly are here come the end of August.

Agree with that BILD, am dreading losing our best players and despite soundbites from the club that none are for sale you know it's likely to happen. Where will that leave us next season I wonder?

J

jbarnettuk1984

God. i might ban Molineux Mix for the next month and a half if this is all we're gonna here everytime theres the faintest rumor regards one of our players.

We have money in the bank, why on EARTH would we accept a £3.5 mil offer for our best player? What another waste of space thread.

EDIT - I'd just like to add, we all know we've missed out on the play offs by the smallest of margins. The first thing Premiership managers will do if they have ANY sense at all is to sniff around the best players from the clubs who just missed out, because, as we all know, they are the most likely to be unsettled.

The fact the club has already issued a statement saying we wont sell our best players, WILL NOT stop many of you wasting HOURS OF YOUR SUMMERS talking about rumor after rumor that IS NOT TRUE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God. i might ban Molineux Mix for the next month and a half if this is all we're gonna here everytime theres the faintest rumor regards one of our players.

We have money in the bank, why on EARTH would we accept a £3.5 mil offer for our best player? What another waste of space thread.

Are you really that ignorant??

Rumour it might be, yes. But say for arguments sake West Ham did bid £3.5m, they get the token knock back from the club. They make another bid, for £4.5m. This is confirmed thru various media sources, press, radio, tv etc etc & Kightly & his agent catches wind of this. Essex boy gets chance to play for top half LONDON Premiership side, with the chance to at least treble the money he is on currently, the opportunity to enhance his international career... you dont think that might just tempt him?? :rolleyes:

He bangs on thick Micks door & says he wants to talk to them, what happens next clever clogs??

F

FLEET WOLF

Kightly has been injured for a fair bit of the season and is still not fit-I doubt any clubs would really take a risk on him, because of this, if we hold out for ridiculous money.

Hennessy is still relatively young and my guess is that he will want to stay here for another year.

The one who might go is SEB, as unlike the other two he has not come through the ranks/plucked from lower league and therefore there is likely to be less loyalty (not that there is much of that anyway!). We need to get about 6-7 million for him.

J

jbarnettuk1984

Rumour it might be, yes. But say for arguments sake West Ham did bid £3.5m, they get the token knock back from the club. They make another bid, for £4.5m. This is confirmed thru various media sources, press, radio, tv etc etc & Kightly & his agent catches wind of this. Essex boy gets chance to play for top half LONDON Premiership side, with the chance to at least treble the money he is on currently, the opportunity to enhance his international career... you dont think that might just tempt him?? :rolleyes:

He bangs on thick Micks door & says he wants to talk to them, what happens next clever clogs??

*Clap* *Clap*

Well done BILD. Another gob$$$$e post in the bag for you to add to your collection.

I spose Kights would love to move to a mid-table Premiership team to warm the bench, just for a bit of extra cash. He was injured for most of this season, still isn't 100% and hasn't hit the heights he did in his first season because of that. He didn't go anywhere then, i'm sure he won't go anywhere now.

Add to that the fact he has said on numerous occasions he is happy here, he owes it to Mick to be faithful for the faith that was shown in him etc etc, and as we're now aware, Mick will be here at the start of next season, so you can sit down, take a few deep breaths and try not to get so worked up over nothing.

Its very easy to say Mick 'failed'. From the way you're looking at it, only three managers from the years Championship should have a job at the start of next year. :rolleyes:

sjonnie

Reaction score
*Clap* *Clap*

Well done BILD. Another gob$$$ post in the bag for you to add to your collection.

I spose Kights would love to move to a mid-table Premiership team to warm the bench, just for a bit of extra cash. He was injured for most of this season, still isn't 100% and hasn't hit the heights he did in his first season because of that. He didn't go anywhere then, i'm sure he won't go anywhere now.

Add to that the fact he has said on numerous occasions he is happy here, he owes it to Mick to be faithful for the faith that was shown in him etc etc, and as we're now aware, Mick will be here at the start of next season, so you can sit down, take a few deep breaths and try not to get so worked up over nothing.

Its very easy to say Mick 'failed'. From the way you're looking at it, only three managers from the years Championship should have a job at the start of next year. :rolleyes:

So you think if WHU offer to pay him 25K pw to play in the top league, with some of the best players around, near to his family, and close to London, he's going to say no thanks I'll stick with my 8k per week, playing for McCarthys carthorses in the Championship, and continue to live in Wolverhampton?

Mick failed - everything else is an excuse.

Your comment about all other managers not being in a job by the start of the new season is only relevant to those who publically stated that promotion was the target and couldn't deliver.

ROVERT47

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Morgan has said 'we don't need to sell any of our players'.

M

Mr Zuki

Id say he's on nearer 4k than 8.

None of us can possibly know what he's on and anyway there are so many things that are part of the equation that money may not be the most important to him.
He's young, who's to say he hasn't met the girl of his dreams up here and intends to put down roots.
Who's to say as a Tottenham/Arsenal/Chelsea/Millwall etc fan he would never ever play for West Ham.
Who's to say that he doesn't feel absolute loyalty to the manager that gave him a chance at this level.
Who's to say Stuart Pearce hasn't advised hin to keep learning his game at this level for a year or two.

It's all just conjecture but since the manager and owner have said he's going nowhere, since he's said he's going nowhere and since Moxey has a habit of persuading players to stick to their contracts there is absolutely no reason to think he'll be anywhere else come August

sjonnie

Reaction score
None of us can possibly know what he's on and anyway there are so many things that are part of the equation that money may not be the most important to him.
He's young, who's to say he hasn't met the girl of his dreams up here and intends to put down roots.
Who's to say as a Tottenham/Arsenal/Chelsea/Millwall etc fan he would never ever play for West Ham.
Who's to say that he doesn't feel absolute loyalty to the manager that gave him a chance at this level.
Who's to say Stuart Pearce hasn't advised hin to keep learning his game at this level for a year or two.

It's all just conjecture but since the manager and owner have said he's going nowhere, since he's said he's going nowhere and since Moxey has a habit of persuading players to stick to their contracts there is absolutely no reason to think he'll be anywhere else come August

Where have the manager and owner said he's not going anywhere?

It's a relatively short career - he'd be a fool not to take the opportunity - he shouldn't feel the need to be loyal to a manager who'll be gone himself soon.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Morgan has said 'we don't need to sell any of our players'.

Maybe we don't need to sell any of our players but that may not stop it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jbarnettuk1984

Where have the manager and owner said he's not going anywhere?

It's a relatively short career - he'd be a fool not to take the opportunity - he shouldn't feel the need to be loyal to a manager who'll be gone himself soon.
I've never read a post that has come across as someone WANTING our best players to leave and WANTING our club to do poorly, so much, just to prove their argument right.

I didn't think it would take long before the posts of 'so and so is DEFINATLEY going, he has NO reason to stay cos wolverhampton is depressing and we're $$$$e blah blah blah' started for the summer.

E

EasternWolf

..errr Professor Moxey in the Boardroom with a paying in book?

sjonnie

Reaction score
I've never read a post that has come across as someone WANTING our best players to leave and WANTING our club to do poorly, so much, just to prove their argument right.

I didn't think it would take long before the posts of 'so and so is DEFINATLEY going, he has NO reason to stay cos wolverhampton is depressing and we're $$$ blah blah blah' started for the summer.

Are you saying Wolverhampton is a bigger draw than London then?

I was trying to put a bit of a reality check to the delusional posters who think none of our players would leave because the chairman has said we don't need to sell.

Of course I would rather they stayed - but losing them could well be a consequence of failing to get promotion. However much you may try and avoid facing up to it - that's the reality.

J

jbarnettuk1984

Are you saying Wolverhampton is a bigger draw than London then?

I was trying to put a bit of a reality check to the delusional posters who think none of our players would leave because the chairman has said we don't need to sell.

Of course I would rather they stayed - but losing them could well be a consequence of failing to get promotion. However much you may try and avoid facing up to it - that's the reality.
The reality is he is under contract and unless the bid is a ridiculous amount we will not sell.

And calling other peoples posts "delusional" purely because they are of a different opinion to you, more or less sums you up.

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Papers are making stuff up same as normal.

Hopefully Morgan will keep his word when serious offers do come in.

B

Bradders

As said above, think it best I steer clear of this site for a while. When there are hard facts not just journalists filling in blanks in their column so they can get down to the pub I'll have a read. The club have stated their intention not to be selling players, of course that doesn't mean we won't, but other clubs who have failed to go up and lost the parachute money will have to become selling clubs to survive. We don't fall into that category. So until Kightly, SEB or Wayne come out and say "you know what, I want out rather than stick around here" and put in a transfer request I'll not worry about what the Mirror/Star/any other piece of tat that is only good for loo paper say.

Hopefully Morgan will have outlined his plans for the summer to the players over the last few days/weeks. If those plans are he's really going to go for it in the summer then I'd be surprised if the key players don't agree to give it 1 more season and reject any approaches. If the plan is more of the same and Stephen Ward is central to our plans then I'd expect them to be on the phone to their agent to get them the hell out asap!!

sjonnie

Reaction score
The reality is he is under contract and unless the bid is a ridiculous amount we will not sell.

And calling other peoples posts "delusional" purely because they are of a different opinion to you, more or less sums you up.

No that's not it at all. I say delusional because it's what we all want and some of us end up believing it. It's failing to accept what could happen.

Look - if we never sold our best players we'd still have a team containing Keane, Lescott, Richards, Naylor, Camara etc.

T

Toon Wolf

Oh come on, how naiive are you? We don't need to sell, you're right, that doesn't mean we won't sell though. IF the player wants to leave (and I have no clue on this but as a professional the chances are he wants to test himself against the best plus boost his U21 chances further), the minute the bid comes in we WILL be fighting a losing battle to keep him. If you think anything otherwise you are kidding yourself. Seriously.

P

PabloWolfo

And this from someone who posted in the same thread "Well done BILD. Another gob$$$$e post in the bag for you to add to your collection." - This just about sums you up jbarnettuk1984, posting what you did because BILD's opinion differs from yours...and makes a hell of a lot more sense as well.

If any of our best players would rather go and test themselves at a higher level, it makes sense to let them go for a number of reasons. If you accept that, you may just understand the football industry a little better than your Wolves-centric Universe obviously allows you to at the moment, and maybe then you'll realise that not every player sees it at the pinnacle of their career to play for WWFC.

("DEFINATLEY" - and for crying out loud, if you want to be taken seriously, try to raise your spelling out of Primary School levels)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No that's not it at all. I say delusional because it's what we all want and some of us end up believing it. It's failing to accept what could happen.

Look - if we never sold our best players we'd still have a team containing...
...Camara etc.

I hope you mean Mo' and not the judas ratboy

P

PabloWolfo

Look - if we never sold our best players we'd still have a team containing Keane, Lescott, Richards, Naylor, Camara etc.

I'm not sure either John or Dean would be much use to use, nowadays.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times does, Morgan have to say it....

None of our youngsters are for sale.

If we had no money, and a big bid came in.. MM, Moxey and Morgan may decide that the money we would get for said player, would replace him and strengthen in other areas.

As we have money and Morgan is desperate to establish us as a premiership club, money is not going to be the factor.

The only way one of our players will leave is if they want to.

Kightly has said he owes Mick. When no one else was prepared to give him a chance Mick did. Everyone was looking no one took the plunge.

What ever the situation none of our players, will move up to the prem and play every game. they will be bit parrt players, therefore IMHO they will stay and continue to develop as players.

The only one I think may leave is Keogh. I think he feels betrayed and let down by the Freddie chants.

If I was to hazard a guess I think he will ask for a transfer.

J

jbarnettuk1984

And this from someone who posted in the same thread "Well done BILD. Another gob$$$ post in the bag for you to add to your collection." - This just about sums you up jbarnettuk1984, posting what you did because BILD's opinion differs from yours...and makes a hell of a lot more sense as well.

If any of our best players would rather go and test themselves at a higher level, it makes sense to let them go for a number of reasons. If you accept that, you may just understand the football industry a little better than your Wolves-centric Universe obviously allows you to at the moment, and maybe then you'll realise that not every player sees it at the pinnacle of their career to play for WWFC.

("DEFINATLEY" - and for crying out loud, if you want to be taken seriously, try to raise your spelling out of Primary School levels)
Apologies for the sloppy spelling - quickly writing comments in amongst doing work usually means the odd spelling slip up.

As for your points, i can't say i see a whole lot of 'football related opinion' in there, but the one point you have focused on i agree with. Of course professional footballers will want to play at the highest possible level, which Wolves aren't. But quite how they do it depends on the individual. You could be of the ilk of say, Henri Camara, who switches clubs at any and every opportunity and gets his agent to sort him a quick fix out and disregard his contract, just to play for some middle of the road, nothing premiership team. Or you could be like Steve Bull, and be completley faithful to one team only and miss out on the big time for it.

Out of the two examples above, i'd say Kights strikes me more as a Bully type character. That coupled with the fact that he has already personally stated he is happy here and has a debt to the manager, are the main reasons to why i get so $$$$ed off with all this wild speculation from a piece of 'lazy-journalism'.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No-one is saying our best players will leave only that there is a possibility that they might. There are going tobe lots of riumours, as usual in the close season, some will be untrue but some will be accurate. If any of our players have any ambition and a Premiership club comes in for them you could not blame them for wanting to try and better themselves both financially and as a player. I don't expect Kightly or any of the others to be different. The same would apply in all walks of life, better job, bigger salary, no brainer.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully was a one in a million casebook study. Name me another player who has had such blind love for a club that they have put their club before their career progression.

You'll struggle.

J

jbarnettuk1984

Bully was a one in a million casebook study. Name me another player who has had such blind love for a club that they have put their club before their career progression.

You'll struggle.
Anyone who has spent more then 4-5 years at the same club in this day in age, in my book, has shown good commitment. Especially if they are a player playing 'below' their standards so to speak. There are plenty of them around.

Kightly has only been here for two seasons of which one was injury struck.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I'd worry about West Ham---they can pay inflated wages for players, maybe Kightly will be more attracted by them on that basis and because of the London connection.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Now name me one player who has excelled at Championship level for 2+ seasons yet remained at their club.

Back
Top Bottom