Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham (H) Pre-Match Thread!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people are thinking of the Hugo Bueno from 12 months ago ....granted the lad has had a stop start season but he has been very poor defensively this season..... although Doherty isn't brilliant, I can see why O'Neil prefers him....to be fair when Doherty covered for Rayan when he was at the afcon we got a few results... .
Re your last sentence we had a forward line which meant that the defence wasn't constantly under pressure then....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would start Chiwome and Hugo. Attack of Chiwome, RAN and Sarabia. Hugo instead of Doc who has zero pace. I would also consider Boubacar instead of Doyle if playing a three and give him license to attack.
Be lost puppies I'm afraid today.....our best chance is keep it tight for a narrow win...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last sentence we had a forward line which meant that the defence wasn't constantly under pressure then....
We haven't got one to pick though nw have we...we tried to weekend the back line approach in the search of goals and it's left us wide open...

Last edited:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's clear GON does not really want to feed the youngsters to the lions any more, so if he's going to go with 'men' there's not a lot of options.
Maybe chuck Bouba up front? He'd at least give the West Ham defenders a hard time physically.
Well be trying to hold on till 70 minutes then bring Cunha on to salvage summat.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's clear GON does not really want to feed the youngsters to the lions any more, so if he's going to go with 'men' there's not a lot of options.
Maybe chuck Bouba up front? He'd at least give the West Ham defenders a hard time physically.
Well be trying to hold on till 70 minutes then bring Cunha on to salvage summat.

I'd start Bouba today and give him a free role to get forward.

stevev53

Reaction score
I would start Chiwome and Hugo. Attack of Chiwome, RAN and Sarabia. Hugo instead of Doc who has zero pace. I would also consider Boubacar instead of Doyle if playing a three and give him license to attack.
Glad you’re not our manager then

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jade's comment is pretty near the mark - lose today and there may well be a feeling that the season is fizzling out. I think it could be their attack v our defence and a lot will depend on how Cunha returns. A draw looks a likely result imo.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People were calling for 3-5-2 all week on here....if that's the line it's what he has done with best players available.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
C'mon Wolves... behind all eleven of you....
While people may question the team selection pre-game l am certain that they will all support the team once the whistle blows. Discussions are, after all, what fora are about....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest you don't appear to be supporting Doc in any shape or form.
I don't rate him, l don't want him, but l will support him in the shirt on the field. No different to comments from others about Guedes, Fabio etc etc.

I currently have the delights of being on a Stafford to Wolvo train with a bunch of Savilles....

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't rate him, l don't want him, but l will support him in the shirt on the field. No different to comments from others about Guedes, Fabio etc etc.

I currently have the delights of being on a Stafford to Wolvo train with a bunch of Savilles....
But insult him for kicks on a forum. I get wanting a different team picked, but he's still one of our own.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's different because of the past. Doc has earned our respect... or at least, should have done.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's different because of the past. Doc has earned our respect... or at least, should have done.
Before he left for Spurs l agree. So did John Richards and Bully but l don't want either of them playing now either.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But insult him for kicks on a forum. I get wanting a different team picked, but he's still one of our own.
A valid comment but where is your similar challenge to other posters with respect to other players who you might not personally favour?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A valid comment but where is your similar challenge to other posters with respect to other players who you might not personally favour?
I refer you to Lobo's post that you've quoted above. And if you are using JR or Bully as examples to excuse your posts about Doc... wtf?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I refer you to Lobo's post that you've quoted above. And if you are using JR or Bully as examples to excuse your posts about Doc... wtf?
Think that it is best that l leave it now noting that we don't agree.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team is somewhat defensive but if we can hold them until the hour and bring on Cunha and few others and have a real go at them. Think they score first they win. Very hard game for us. Hopefully we can cause them some issues. I feel their physical presence will be a big advantage.

Doc to get one for us.

Back
Top Bottom