Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1637394976587.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

After another long international break (last one til March though, woop!) the boys are back. Congratulations to all our lads who represented their countries over the last fortnight. But let’s get on with the real business now!

Tough game today. Always is, but especially so today. West Ham have probably been the team of the season in my opinion, they seem to have real momentum and real belief in their squad, and even though I want them to lose today, it’s been good to see someone pushing into the big boys table for a slice of the cake!

I suppose today and quite a few of our games coming up, how our opponents approach the game will be key. West Ham will be favourites of course and they absolutely picked us to scraps on the counter last season. Will they be happy to do that again or will they try and dominate the ball?

I think for our team personally I’d be looking to get Traore in the team. He’s the one player we have who I think genuinely causes panic in even strong defences and I think we’ll need someone to come in and push at West Ham. I also wonder if Bruno can see his mistake from the Palace game and make the midfield a little more competitive? I know Dendoncker isn’t everyone’s cuppa, but it might be the game for him. Only trouble is who do you leave out, it’s probably one of Raul (our best player) or Hwang (our top scorer). Glad I ain’t the manager that’s for sure!

Wherever you’re following the game from today, whether it’s Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Woke up in the middle of the night convinced it will be 352 today.

Then spent 30 minutes listening to wife snoring & deciding whether to play Adama or Hwang up top with Raul.

Decided on Adama - see post above for the reason - and went to sleep in the spare room...

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not very optimistic about this one. Looking forward to being back in the Western though!

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will Jimenez be benched. Will Coady be benched. My thoughts over breakfast this morning.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the team that hasnt taken the sleeping pills turns up, we could get something out of this. If not, I can see us being outmuscled to a defeat.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m up early and as normal excited but crapping it too. Come on Wolves let’s put a performance on today. I hope Traore starts ahead of Trincao and he gives us a 100% showing. I don’t like to slag players off but us fans deserve more from him I believe. Anyway come on Wolves!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not sure why, but feeling a bit half-hearted about it today. If Raul and Adama don't start then I just feel we've handed the initiative to them. I hope they start and the players are right at it and then it will be a good contest, if not we could be steam-rollered. This section of the season will either set us up for a couple of good signings in Jan and a push for Europe, or return us to pant-wetting pre AfCON panic.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't help feeling Antonio will carry on with his Coady bullying and we will lose easily. I think Bruno needs to be bold with his team and tactics today and try and give the Hammers something they don't expect

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im always positive till its the time to not be. I've a feeling we'll win today but its the team he puts out worries me. We need to go on the attack from the off.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've got the FPL Hwang vs Antonio dilemma this morning. Unfortunately, I am erring on the side of Antonio due to the aforementioned Coady bullying.

I would like to see Boly in for Saiss on the left hand side, Donk in for Moutinho to at least try to even up the fight with Soucek/Rice and Traore for Trincao to force Cresswell back. I think Hwang and Ait-Nouri could really test Johnson though so reasons for optimism.

Heart might be ruling head but I would be pleased with 1-1. Raul for us, Antonio for them. Tale of the CONCACAF forwards.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got the FPL Hwang vs Antonio dilemma this morning. Unfortunately, I am erring on the side of Antonio due to the aforementioned Coady bullying.

I would like to see Boly in for Saiss on the left hand side, Donk in for Moutinho to at least try to even up the fight with Soucek/Rice and Traore for Trincao to force Cresswell back. I think Hwang and Ait-Nouri could really test Johnson though so reasons for optimism.

Heart might be ruling head but I would be pleased with 1-1. Raul for us, Antonio for them. Tale of the CONCACAF forwards.
Hwang surely keep the faith

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't help feeling Antonio will carry on with his Coady bullying and we will lose easily. I think Bruno needs to be bold with his team and tactics today and try and give the Hammers something they don't expect

Then the coach needs to make sure Coady isnt the one marking Antonio.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like a free hit today, anything from the game and I'll be supping tonight a happy chappy

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is going to be pretty jet lagged and knackered after a full game in western Canada on a frozen pitch and sub zero temperatures only 2 days ago. Can’t imagine he would want to start on the bench, but not sure he’s going to be very sharp if he does play.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Antonio tends to peel to the left. It's that side of the pitch I'd bolster.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure why, but feeling a bit half-hearted about it today. If Raul and Adama don't start then I just feel we've handed the initiative to them. I hope they start and the players are right at it and then it will be a good contest, if not we could be steam-rollered. This section of the season will either set us up for a couple of good signings in Jan and a push for Europe, or return us to pant-wetting pre AfCON panic.
Exactly this - who does Moyes want to see sitting on the Wolves bench? Raul and Adama. Who does he want to see on the pitch? Fabio Silva and Trincao

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said on another thread, I would give Kilman a man marking job on Antonio. Would also like to see Boly in the team ahead of Saiss.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are making WHam out to be Real and Barca combined,they are a decent team but lets not get carried away
They wont win the league and will struggle to be top 6 in the long run,well thats my opinion at least
Their good run ends today,and we move up the table,lets give them respect but not too much,they dont like it up em Mr Bruno !!!!

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Just in Wolves, beers, no kids, optimism in the air...can't wait for the match. Saiss to get a yellow and injure Anotnio in the first 10 please.

Come on Wolves!

Or to get in line, Antonio will beat us single handedly

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate us after international breaks but in some ways it might be a good thing to play a team like West Ham where we know we have to be 100% on it from kick off.

If we can start well and get a goal then I can see us breaking on them with ease as they go on the attack.

I worry about corners and free kicks today @Kebab Warrior so we could do with playing on the front foot for the majority.

MontyR

Reaction score
Hopefully we get a match as entertaining as the 2-3 loss to them last year, but with us winning this time. If I remember correctly we switched to a 4 at half time and went all guns blazing.

If I was Bruno I’d consider sticking Boly in the centre of the defence for that added height and to take on Antonio.

rubyloo

Reaction score
I don't know anything about tactics, formations or false 9's but i do know that if molineux gets behind the team anything can happen. Come on Wolves.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Find myself with a last minute u21 spare in J4. Driving in now, but could meet somewhere around the end of subway about 2. 30 if anyone can use it. Won't be able to reply until about 2pm!

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
View attachment 25195

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

After another long international break (last one til March though, woop!) the boys are back. Congratulations to all our lads who represented their countries over the last fortnight. But let’s get on with the real business now!

Tough game today. Always is, but especially so today. West Ham have probably been the team of the season in my opinion, they seem to have real momentum and real belief in their squad, and even though I want them to lose today, it’s been good to see someone pushing into the big boys table for a slice of the cake!

I suppose today and quite a few of our games coming up, how our opponents approach the game will be key. West Ham will be favourites of course and they absolutely picked us to scraps on the counter last season. Will they be happy to do that again or will they try and dominate the ball?

I think for our team personally I’d be looking to get Traore in the team. He’s the one player we have who I think genuinely causes panic in even strong defences and I think we’ll need someone to come in and push at West Ham. I also wonder if Bruno can see his mistake from the Palace game and make the midfield a little more competitive? I know Dendoncker isn’t everyone’s cuppa, but it might be the game for him. Only trouble is who do you leave out, it’s probably one of Raul (our best player) or Hwang (our top scorer). Glad I ain’t the manager that’s for sure!

Wherever you’re following the game from today, whether it’s Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Sadly, I think there's one at the end of January before the one in March.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our defence has got to start by pushing high up the pitch and squeezing the Hammers midfield or we will get overrun there regardless of who is picked. Apparently we have a good record defending set-pieces this season, whereas they rely on them a lot for goals. This could be key to who wins today.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
I will settle for a lucky 1-0 today, we are due a good performance though the international break would have affected us more I feel. Hopefully Raul is sharp as he will be pivotal.

Back
Top Bottom