Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Were fans expecting midtable justified, naive or clueless?

R

reanswolf

Just wondered what you thought now?

We are all entitled to our opinion. I have always gone on about our poor midfield and was frankly amazed that anyone could look at our team and expect anything like midtable.

I can however understand the desire to progress slightly, but that would only mean 16th or whatever.

Unfortunately, we have been abject for a few months now so I can understand the fans frustration.

I tell you what, we are missing Dave Jones in midfield! I never thought I would say that either.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
naive but expectations were built up by the board & manager

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfectly reasonable looking at clubs of a similar stature with a similar budget, just we haven't spend our budget.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was naive, but it's a creation of the board. Wolves players and board came across expecting mid-table, and it infiltrated the mindset of the fans.

1908radford

I knew with pre season lack of investment we would never compete for anything other than relegation as we only survived the drop by luck last year!
Morgan and Moxey do not have realistic expectations for the club !

R

reanswolf

I have to say I agree with all posts, however I was abl eto make an assessment based entirely on team strength - and it was always totally unrealistic to expect mid table. Moxey & Morgan are clueless I am afraid.

J

johnybig32

You could argue the day 1 win against Blackburn lead to over confidence and lack of more signings.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did not think we were good enough and expected another relegation battle, i am dissapointed with Mr Morgan especially after the last game of last season, i thought he would have spent more on the side

L

long ball man

will we ever know? Some of the rumours about McCarthy being knocked back on targets suggest that mid table may have been attainable...never with last seasons team plus an in form Roiger Johnson. I thought 13th -16th at start of season.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Based on the way we finished last year and the prospect of Fletcher and Doyle playing a full season together, I honestly thought we'd finish around 14th this year. Thought we would be much stronger than Blackburn under Kean and the three promoted sides, and that Johnson would be the man to sort our defence out. Perhaps like Morgan and Moxey, I was blinded by my loyalty to McCarthy and this group of players' abilities. Massively naive on my behalf.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a basis which we all thought we would build on two centre halves and two midfielders and a left back all of quality i.e not eggert jonsson.
We were promised mistakes had been learnt but obviously haven't only to have got worse!

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In view of the previous progress shown I was of the opinion that purchases would be made to strengthen further.

Even when this didn't happen I gave the benefit of the doubt to McCarthy and Morgan that they were competent enough to see things through.

In spite of the close call last season I thought the team at least looked like they 'belonged' with some good performances and a spirit that was refreshing.

This season has given some further information about the owner previously unknown which is alarming.

Mick inexplicably became involved with the Johnson thing and that is what surprised me. The way the side started to look less 'spirited.'

Results suffered and it has become a shambles.

I don't know if this makes me clueless or naive but I felt justified up until the Villa game (3) to predict mid-table based on preseason and the first three games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom