Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

well done Forest Green Rovers

D

Deleted member 4382

Didn't they employ the murderous **** recently?

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Well done to them. Not a fan of Tranmere, so double bonus. Very disappointing crowd at Wembley today- only 18,000 or so- thought that a few other fans would also support their local teams.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to Forest Green. I thought I was hearing things when it was on as I was doing other things so I was not there really are only 6,000 people in it !

D

Deleted member 4382

Would have preferred Tranmere to win- gutted for them too.
Seem to be a well run club with decent potential for growth within reason.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

It was a good advert for the National League. Some very good goals scored!
The attendancecwas disappointing but I hear they were charging £40 a ticket, seems a bit excessive! Would put a lot of neutrals off

D

Deleted member 4456

The attendancecwas disappointing but I hear they were charging £40 a ticket, seems a bit excessive! Would put a lot of neutrals off
I know someone who went (and will be a very happy man today). The minimum was £36, which is steep for Conference football. It was an entertaining game though.

stroud wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well done to Forest Green. I thought I was hearing things when it was on as I was doing other things so I was not there really are only 6,000 people in it !

can't believe there are 6000 people that live in forest green. would put it less than 4000. Its a little village on a hill in Nailsworth

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Interesting story, Forest Green. Their chairman Dale Vince is a multi-millionaire, who made his fortune through renewable energy. He's ploughed millions into the club. They only sell vegan food at the ground, all the players and staff are on vegan diets. They're building a brand new stadium made entirely from wood as well, I've read. Not your average football club.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting story, Forest Green. Their chairman Dale Vince is a multi-millionaire, who made his fortune through renewable energy. He's ploughed millions into the club. They only sell vegan food at the ground, all the players and staff are on vegan diets. They're building a brand new stadium made entirely from wood as well, I've read. Not your average football club.
And it's this reason why i am so pleased for them, and hope they do well in the Football League. Nice to have a rural based team, with decent investment and ambitions. Good luck to them.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is the team bus decorated in the style of the grateful dead?

Bonus for promotion is probably a weekend on pilgrimage to haight-ashbury.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, awful prices. Me and my lad are off to Wembley next Sunday to watch Non League Finals Day. £25 adults tickets, £1 kids. Two finals, so a glorious afternoon planned at Wembley. We missed out on the Neutral tickets so will be in Club Wembley with York fans. God knows why, no affiliation to York whatsoever, just want a lovely, relatively cheap afternoon watching honest, grass roots football with footballers who, playing at Wembley actually means something. Fed up of watching Englands overpaid mercenaries.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chuffed for forest green maybe we might get them in the league cup

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It's amazing that Wolves are only two divisions above Forest Green, and in the same division as Burton. Weird.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Exactly, awful prices. Me and my lad are off to Wembley next Sunday to watch Non League Finals Day. £25 adults tickets, £1 kids. Two finals, so a glorious afternoon planned at Wembley. We missed out on the Neutral tickets so will be in Club Wembley with York fans. God knows why, no affiliation to York whatsoever, just want a lovely, relatively cheap afternoon watching honest, grass roots football with footballers who, playing at Wembley actually means something. Fed up of watching Englands overpaid mercenaries.
I went last year tickets were £12.50 if they were bought in a group, I went with Hereford and despite the result had a great day

Cotswold wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As the name suggests local to me (north end of the wolds) and a vegan (it's the old punk) I'm chuffed and may well rock up for a few games next season. Also good rivalry for Cheltenham who are not much liked outside the town. Lots of money for the level mind

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully they don't go the same way as Rushden & Diamonds, when their sugar daddy left them in the lurch.

D

Deleted member 4257

Wanted Tranmere to win this. Forest Green have thrown money at it, OK it's worked but for what cost overall, many clubs end up screwed when success slows down.
Oh and they signed Hughes.
Hope they do a Telford

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can't believe there are 6000 people that live in forest green. would put it less than 4000. Its a little village on a hill in Nailsworth
You have answered my next question which was going to be where is it !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves may be able to help them out in that case stadium wise as we have had numerous wooden home performances these last couple of seasons !

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If memory serves, did'nt Tony Daley have a spell with them at the end of his career???

D

Deleted member 4124

My dietary restrictions might make me biased, but I think they're setting a fantastic example. I hope other clubs follow their model.

D

Deleted member 4099

Not really happy with this. They're a manufactured club that have had money thrown at them to the detriment of other local clubs. Would have preferred Tranmere to start the long climb back. Just my opinion.

Me too. Always enjoyed going there. Proper football club imo.

stroud wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lots of people around here also dislike the club And owner, lots of mixed feelings, myself included. when i moved to this neck of the woods around 85 they were just a local saturday non league club and probably not even the best club in Nailsworth(Gloucestershire) Shortwood united been the other club.
Dale Vince who owns the club moved here about 25 years ago. without a penny to his name, "lived in camper van" Stroud is full of bloody hippies lol. So self made money in that time through Green energy, he started with one wind turbine just up the road from the ground.
i've only been there myself around a couple of games in all the years living here around mid 90s.
But was pleased for them today has my young lad also a Wolves season ticket holder went along with his mates on the train to Wembley.
Has for Lee Hughes playing for them. Hate that bloke has much as all on here, unfortunately not only him playing for them 2 years ago but also where our under 23s mostly played this year, i or anyone else can't do much about.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes and good luck to Forest Green Rovers, although I too would have like to have seen Tranmere back in the Football League.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

no way! I did not know that about FGR. I knew their owner was loaded but that's about it.

They are all vegans? Thats nuts (no pun intended)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dale Vince who owns the club moved here about 25 years ago. without a penny to his name, "lived in camper van" Stroud is full of bloody hippies lol. So self made money in that time through Green energy, he started with one wind turbine just up the road from the ground.

I reckon wolves should be cashing in on the Green energy thing too. There's enough hot air and rumours flying about at the moment to keep a whole field full of wind turbines ticking over

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the match ball must be made of hemp. No leather here mates!

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the match ball must be made of hemp. No leather here mates!

Why stop at making the ball out of hemp; go the whole hog and construct the ball from Marijuana then after every game raffle it off to all the clean green hippies in the FGR crowd and they can go home and smoke it

win win for everyone

D

Deleted member TW5162

Are they allowed a stadium made just out of wood? Isn't that a fire hazard? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom