Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Well Done Crystal Palace and their fans

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a weekend where some fan behaviour like the indefensible cretin at the Forest v Leicester has not covered the game in glory can I point out that virtually under the radar Crystal Palace subsidised the travel of some 4,700 Hartlepool fans for the 4th Round Cup tie this past Saturday. But even more impressive than that gesture was when the Eagles and their fans read about Hartlepool boss Graeme Lee's wife Gemma having an inoperable brain tumour they raised in just a few days the wonderful total of £60,000 to help fund the £5,000 a month drug trial that could be life saving.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a weekend where some fan behaviour like the indefensible cretin at the Forest v Leicester has not covered the game in glory can I point out that virtually under the radar Crystal Palace subsidised the travel of some 4,700 Hartlepool fans for the 4th Round Cup tie this past Saturday. But even more impressive than that gesture was when the Eagles and their fans read about Hartlepool boss Graeme Lee's wife Gemma having an inoperable brain tumour they raised in just a few days the wonderful total of £60,000 to help fund the £5,000 a month drug trial that could be life saving.

That is brilliant. Well done Crystal Palace.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd heard about the fundraising for the Hartlepool manager's wife (which was amazing) but not also about the travel subsidy. Absolutely fair play to Palace, and the FA Cup continues to produce bits of magic, not always in ways you might expect

D

Deleted member (smith)

This is a wonderful effort in these difficult times. And congratulations to whoever started this at palace ….good leadership results in good followers.

refreshing after Greenwood and zouma.

credit to palace …

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news story. Shame it doesn’t get the same publicity as the idiot kicking his family pet across the room.

Exactly, and not just in the media. The cat kicking thread has well over 100 replies, yet this magnificent gesture by Crystal Palace and their supporters has only about 13. It should be the other way round. The positives in football, of which there are a lot, need highlighting more.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, and not just in the media. The cat kicking thread has well over 100 replies, yet this magnificent gesture by Crystal Palace and their supporters has only about 13. It should be the other way round. The positives in football, of which there are a lot, need highlighting more.
What site/address, Frank? (sorry, not the most social media literate).

I'd love to send them a message of support, and I'm sure many fellow Mixers will also do the same.

Let's let them know what us fellow supporters think of their wonderful reaction.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What site/address, Frank? (sorry, not the most social media literate).

I'd love to send them a message of support, and I'm sure many fellow Mixers will also do the same.

Let's let them know what us fellow supporters think of their wonderful reaction.
I was referring to the threads on here. The cat kicking outrage by a West Ham player is on twitter. The superb gesture by Crystal Palace was highlighted by the OP on this thread.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Crystal Palace. That is a brilliant gesture. I have always had a soft spot for Hartlepool, for reasons that older Wolves fans will remember.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah
It is just a shame that all the negative side of football gets the headlines. There is a lot of good being done within football:

Well done Crystal Palace and their fans. A wonderful gesture in both cases.
Yeah fair play. It’s easy to see footballers in general with too much time and too much money, but a lot do an awful lot for their community.

On topic this is really good to see and we’ll done Palace (haven’t forgotten the PO defeat though!)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At last something to cheer about. top club!

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The cat kicking thread had 13 posts at one point!
This is a wonderful story.

Back
Top Bottom