Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Welcome Gary

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm been getting some Deja Vu these past couple days and finally found out why :tearsofjoy:

In positive news, I have now managed to come up with a few songs for Dean Saunders

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understandably we all want him to succeed, just like we all wanted Saunders or Zenga to succeed, but if you look at his experience and listen to what AFCB fans have to say, he probably has little more than those two clowns in his locker.

Time will tell of course, but if it goes poorly the media will likely defend the "young English Manager" and blame the results on a poor squad of poor players not good enough for this level, and many on here who predicted us finishing mid table to top half under JL will be gaslit in into repeating it.

I'll put it here now, if we are in a relegation battle it will be because a **** CEO and leadership team who are only concerned about scraping survival appointed a **** manager too inexperienced for the job, no other reason.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suppose the one positive from Hobbs' comments is the players will have known about Lopetegui's departure for over a week now and still put in a couple of cracking performances against Luton and Rennes (in particular), full of energy and positive football. Absolutely zero signs of discontent or lack of desire to play for the shirt

It's clear GON's got the job on the basis of continuity not renewal and the squad do seem united, so this may not be the car crash most are predicting

San_Jose

Reaction score
Suppose the one positive from Hobbs' comments is the players will have known about Lopetegui's departure for over a week now and still put in a couple of cracking performances against Luton and Rennes (in particular), full of energy and positive football. Absolutely zero signs of discontent or lack of desire to play for the shirt

It's clear GON's got the job on the basis of continuity not renewal and the squad do seem united, so this may not be the car crash most are predicting
This. I was thinking exactely the same. Arguebly our best completr performance in years? Came when the players probably knew JL days where numbered. Clinging to this and really hoping GOL can prove all of the doubters wrong.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The vast majority of Derry's coaching and managerial experience is in the Champ or lower. That's fact not hyperbole.
Vast majority is a bit of an exaggeration when he's spent half his coaching career at a Premier League club.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man U is too soon to make a judgement.
So let's see if the new manager does better in the second match against Brighton than the previous incumbent managed.
Even Brighton is too soon for me. I think by the first international break we will have some sort of idea of how good O'Neil is.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Vast majority is a bit of an exaggeration when he's spent half his coaching career at a Premier League club.
Less than 4 of his 10 years in coaching/management spent in the Prem, plus some of that at Academy level not with Palace first team or reserves. Unless Cambridge had a spell in the top flight I missed somewhere along the way and tbh I did sort of give up football during the Morgan years.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be clear, I hope O'Neil and team do well, they have it all to prove and it could be the making of them. If I can bring myself to buy an overpriced ticket to a match they've got my support from the off. Good luck to them, it won't be boring either way!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be clear, I hope O'Neil and team do well, they have it all to prove and it could be the making of them. If I can bring myself to buy an overpriced ticket to a match they've got my support from the off. Good luck to them, it won't be boring either way!
I do think everyone will be behind them once the whistle blows . But if it's the same boring football and we ship 4/5 against man U then some more against Brighton then people will start to turn but I think on the Fosun boys not the team.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's clearly yet another decision/appointment made far too late in the day and full of desperation. Apparently he did a very detailed PowerPoint presentation, which is what our selection process has largely been based upon, rather than actual experience or achievements. Saying that, presumably JL was chosen based upon his experience/achievements rather than PowerPoint skills, and look where that got us. On the positive side, at least our expectations are already rock bottom (tipped for relegation by many), so any form of success (ie survival with a few half decent performances) will probably be gratefully received. It'd just be nice to have a period of stability and development for a change - hopefully Gary's the guy to provide this... (but I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a similar situation in 4-5 months time)
didnt they say similar about Lage...Powerpoint and all that ?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishful thinking here i know…. But i feel sorry for Gary. Its not his fault the idiots who run our club have appointed him. I hope us fans do give the bloke a chance and get behind him and the players for the first month or so of the season. Any toxicity should be aimed at Shi and Fosun, not Gary.

All he needs to do is come out in his first press conference, admit hes not the choice of fans, but be honest and say how hard and committed he will be to be a wolf. Then set his players up to play every game like Lopetegui did against Remmes. If us fans can see the bloke is trying his best under the circumstances then we will get behind him.

if he sets us up to be boring and we get spanked each week, then that will be different.

sorry, im just trying my best to find any seeds of hope here….

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm been getting some Deja Vu these past couple days and finally found out why :tearsofjoy:

What's Elvis' gut saying this time?!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much entitlement on this thread.
Liverpool expression - gob****es.
Seemingly know it all.
Of course they do.

At the moment, we only have.one manager. A manager who has a track record of success. It might not be pretty but it is success. When was the last time we had pretty in a meaningful match?

Give the fella a chance.
Can you clarify what you mean by "track record of success"? Less than a seasons worth of games as a mananager, even though they avoided the drop is not a good enough data set to claim that. Surely he would need multiple seasons of delivery before that can be proclaimed. GON cannot be described as a successful manager yet.

The last time we had pretty was in the last match by the way, when we beat Rennes easily and should have scored more....

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t that the approach we went with Lage. It didn’t work out well on the fitness levels. Ping pong balls bounce around less.

Different medical team to then now though, Hayward is back and the dodgy one has gone, so I think that will help matters. Hayward would of worked with the internal medical staff previously who were there during nunos tenure, which I don’t think is a bad thing at all

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understandably we all want him to succeed, just like we all wanted Saunders or Zenga to succeed, but if you look at his experience and listen to what AFCB fans have to say, he probably has little more than those two clowns in his locker.

Time will tell of course, but if it goes poorly the media will likely defend the "young English Manager" and blame the results on a poor squad of poor players not good enough for this level, and many on here who predicted us finishing mid table to top half under JL will be gaslit in into repeating it.

I'll put it here now, if we are in a relegation battle it will be because a **** CEO and leadership team who are only concerned about scraping survival appointed a **** manager too inexperienced for the job, no other reason.
I can tell you now not all of us want him to succeed. Reading some of the nonsense on here tells me they’ve made their mind up and just want to be able to say I was right look how clever I am blah blah blah.

surreywolf

Reaction score
The next few weeks will be interesting until transfer deadline - it sounds like we’re gearing up for a proper relegation scrap. Could that mean Kilman and Nunes going to highest bidders? And Hobbs sorting a few bodies to ‘do a job’

This is very much my fear. Fosun wish list - a) bring us more money (proper fire sale) b) stay up at all costs

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This appointment is on Hobbs. Jeff's left him to it. For me this is a clear demonstration that Hobbs, barring the last window, hasn't got a scooby either. I've lost every once of respect I had for him the minute this was announced.

Jeffs his boss. It would have been run past him. He always has the final say.

Andi130

Reaction score
Jeffs his boss. It would have been run past him. He always has the final say.
But he made the recommendation, right? His is the DoF. He is effectively responsible for setting the criteria, identifying the pool, Interviewing and assessing. Having the contingency plans in place.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can tell you now not all of us want him to succeed. Reading some of the nonsense on here tells me they’ve made their mind up and just want to be able to say I was right look how clever I am blah blah blah.
I very much want him to succeed, though I'm very concerned about the appointment and I have my doubts.
Surely it's okay to be both hopeful and concerned, though?
What I don't agree with, is folk going in hard on the fella, being personal, or character assassinating him, before he's even done a stroke of work in the role.
If the guy does the business, I'll be the first to eat humble pie and a double helping at that!
My disillusionment comes from the hierarchy at the club, not the new manager.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he made the recommendation, right? His is the DoF. He is effectively responsible for setting the criteria, identifying the pool, Interviewing and assessing. Having the contingency plans in place.

Its his job to make the recommendation, absolutely, but they apparently, if you want to believe them, talked to other candidates. Jeff would have been there at their interviews. If you listen to things like the Saiss interview, its clear Jeff always has the final say.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The majority of people want him to succeed. We cant confuse that with people who dont think he will. I doubt there is any Wolves fan who genuinely wants to see us struggle.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its his job to make the recommendation, absolutely, but they apparently, if you want to believe them, talked to other candidates. Jeff would have been there at their interviews. If you listen to things like the Saiss interview, its clear Jeff always has the final say.

Keen said Jeff is in China and wasn’t involved at all in the separation meeting for JL or in the interviews for his replacement. Make of that what you will. I’m beginning to wonder if Jeff is still in effective control, or if Hobbs may have been given greater control over football matters in recent weeks since his own trip to China.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this is what Fosun wanted then why did we appoint Julen at Xmas ?

Could of saved them some money in January and would be in the championship now rather than in 12 months time

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keen said Jeff is in China and wasn’t involved at all in the separation meeting for JL or in the interviews for his replacement. Make of that what you will.
Either he's leaving Wolves or there are some big changes afoot, ie takeover or investment. Or he's spineless and letting Hobbs take all the ****.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

he’s nowhere near this bad!!!

Back
Top Bottom