Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Welcome Gary

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not be too harsh Shaun scored 12 goals in 578 games for crap clubs . He can teach these young internationals a thing or two .
Nunes current pace of 12 goals in 444 games in a top league isn't much better.

Nunes has incredible potential. But I want to see what I say last weekend every night (well morning for me lol).

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I won't get behind him because I'm not a demented seal, clapping at whatever **** is put in front of me.

I'll go again when it starts to get toxic, purely to play my part in making it even more toxic. Until then, everyone at Wolves can **** off, especially Guo and Jeff who would be advised to stay away from Molineux unless it's to complete the sale of the club.
Will you admit you were wrong when we play well this year?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever seen the mix or any football forum as opposed to a new appointment as this. The best I am seeing is give him a chance it might not be that bad. Even Lage had his supporters to start with, even towards the end there were posters who could put up coherent arguments for him even if you fundamentally disagreed. Saying GON may not be as bad as you fear is not a coherent argument.

The atmosphere in the ground is going to be so toxic so quickly. We’ve got a difficult first two games. A thumping bs Man U and 2/3-0 down at half time vs Brighton and it’s going to be evil.

What I can’t understand is whether Fosun failed to read the room, don’t care that they’re about to be made a mockery of globally or so arrogant that they believe that after 7 years they can spot something that football fans who have been watching football their whole life can’t.

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes current pace of 12 goals in 444 games in a top league isn't much better.

Nunes has incredible potential. But I want to see what I say last weekend every night (well morning for me lol).
You are kidding? He’s played 119 games and scored 10, and has more talent in his bell end than Derry ever had

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever seen the mix or any football forum as opposed to a new appointment as this. The best I am seeing is give him a chance it might not be that bad. Even Lage had his supporters to start with, even towards the end there were posters who could put up coherent arguments for him seven if you fundamentally disagreed. Saying GON may not be as bad as you fear is not a coherent argument.

The atmosphere in the ground is going to be so toxic so quickly. We’ve got a difficult first two games. A thumping bs Man U and 2/3-0 down at half time vs Brighton and it’s going to be evil.

What I can’t understand is whether Fosun failed to read the room, don’t care that they’re are about to be made a mockery of globally or so arrogant that they believe that after 7 years they can spot something that football fans who have been watching football their whole life can’t.
Or just maybe they like the coach and think he will do well?

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
Hmm been getting some Deja Vu these past couple days and finally found out why :tearsofjoy:

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No I won't get behind him because I'm not a demented seal, clapping at whatever **** is put in front of me.

I'll go again when it starts to get toxic, purely to play my part in making it even more toxic. Until then, everyone at Wolves can **** off, especially Guo and Jeff who would be advised to stay away from Molineux unless it's to complete the sale of the club.
And if it goes well? What then? You gonna rock up and sing "O'Neil's at the wheel" and pretend you didn't take this stance?

He's the Wolves manager and the least you can do is give him a chance.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are kidding? He’s played 119 games and scored 10, and has more talent in his bell end than Derry ever had
I don't know much about Derry, but assume he played in the England leagues where the leagues are at least competitive.

The Portuguese league is like if you took 5 clubs from each level in England and threw them in one division.

Their Premier League stat lines aren't that far apart. Hopefully Nunes realizes his potential and changes that quickly.

(It was hard to get coverage of anything but the Premier League growing up in Canada)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know much about Derry, but assume he played in the England leagues where the leagues are at least competitive.

The Portuguese league is like if you took 5 clubs from each level in England and threw them in one division.

Their Premier League stat lines aren't that far apart. Hopefully Nunes realizes his potential and changes that quickly.

(It was hard to get coverage of anything but the Premier League growing up in Canada)
But you said 12 goals in. 444 games???????

Madmalc

Reaction score
We had Julen Lopetegui a true professional with a huge ego..
But now he's GON,GON,GON.
Welcome Gary.
I'm hoping you turn into a Wolves Legend.
You have my support.
I support Wolves no matter what happens.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Too much entitlement on this thread.
Liverpool expression - gob****es.
Seemingly know it all.
Of course they do.

At the moment, we only have.one manager. A manager who has a track record of success. It might not be pretty but it is success. When was the last time we had pretty in a meaningful match?

Give the fella a chance.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you said 12 goals in. 444 games???????
"pace of 12 goals in 444 games in a top league" is what I said.

Yeah, because I didn't count Portugal since it's a joke of a league. The quality difference in the Portuguese League is astronomical. The difference between even #4 and #8 is absolutely ridiculous.

Put Derry over there at 22 and 23 years old and he probably scores quite a bit more as well.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The BBC football homepage greets visitors with the headline “Wolves appoint O’Neill on three year deal”. Every time I see it my heart sinks. What a fking shambles.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

See you at Brighton :D

savechip123

Reaction score
so we want Alex Scott who is no doubt talented, but prem unproven. Ppl want Potter who learned his trade in a poor league in Europe but did a fantastic job at Brighton (Young and upcoming coach) with NO premiership experience.

We have a young upcoming coach who has managed in the Premier league and did a very decent job keeping Bournemouth out of relegation. Not my choice, but I think we might just have a piece of coal here which could turn into a diamond as long as the players go with it.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree somewhat. Although I remember Steve Davis talking about him bringing smiling faces back to the players, that did the world of good… personally think these players don’t need “a mate”, JL’s authority was one of the fundamental parts in us staying up imo
Not saying the new manager needs to be anything to them just point out they dont seem unhappy to see Jlo go and a few players and posts on insta seem to support this.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We employed an inept manager to replace a quality one with Lage replacing Nuno. Just when you think we couldn't do the same again with Lopetegui leaving, Jeff comes along and says " Hold my Beer "

I've got a lot of sympathy for O'Neil. He's got no chance at all. We will be lucky to win one of our first 10 games and I could actually see Bournemouth being the final nail in his coffin.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever seen the mix or any football forum as opposed to a new appointment as this. The best I am seeing is give him a chance it might not be that bad. Even Lage had his supporters to start with, even towards the end there were posters who could put up coherent arguments for him seven if you fundamentally disagreed. Saying GON may not be as bad as you fear is not a coherent argument.

What I can’t understand is whether Fosun failed to read the room, don’t care that they’re are about to be made a mockery of globally or so arrogant that they believe that after 7 years they can spot something that football fans who have been watching football their whole life can’t.
While l will support the bloke as our manager the poll suggests that he was about as welcome as a pork chop in a synagogue or mosque.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
If we don’t get some good results early on with Gazza at the helm then the atmosphere at the Mol will be toxic. The knives are already out. Won’t take much to kick off the negative chanting and booing.
As a Wolves supporter I hope Gazza is an inspired move rather than a hopeful gamble. He needs to be a big character to manage an international squad of players such as ours and gain their respect- which Lage couldn’t do. If he can get them playing to their potential, we’ll be alright but it’s a big if.

Andi130

Reaction score
We employed an inept manager to replace a quality one with Lage replacing Nuno. Just when you think we couldn't do the same again with Lopetegui leaving, Jeff comes along and says " Hold my Beer "

I've got a lot of sympathy for O'Neil. He's got no chance at all. We will be lucky to win one of our first 10 games and I could actually see Bournemouth being the final nail in his coffin.
This appointment is on Hobbs. Jeff's left him to it. For me this is a clear demonstration that Hobbs, barring the last window, hasn't got a scooby either. I've lost every once of respect I had for him the minute this was announced.

Last edited:

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
This appointment is on Hobbs. Jeff's left him to it. For me this is a clear demonstration that Hobbs, barring the last window, hasn't got a scooby either. I've lost every once of respect I had for him the minute this was announced.
That's only partly true.

Jeff said to Hobbs "Find a manager that costs this much and will accept these terms and future spending"

With the constraints he had, the shortlist wouldn't have been very long.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's clearly yet another decision/appointment made far too late in the day and full of desperation. Apparently he did a very detailed PowerPoint presentation, which is what our selection process has largely been based upon, rather than actual experience or achievements. Saying that, presumably JL was chosen based upon his experience/achievements rather than PowerPoint skills, and look where that got us. On the positive side, at least our expectations are already rock bottom (tipped for relegation by many), so any form of success (ie survival with a few half decent performances) will probably be gratefully received. It'd just be nice to have a period of stability and development for a change - hopefully Gary's the guy to provide this... (but I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a similar situation in 4-5 months time)

Andi130

Reaction score
That's only partly true.

Jeff said to Hobbs "Find a manager that costs this much and will accept these terms and future spending"

With the constraints he had, the shortlist wouldn't have been very long.
I still refuse to believe that Gary O'Neil is the best you can muster up against those constraints. He sourced the candidates. He made the call. I'm not absolving Fosun/Jeff of partial responsibility for the circumstances, but I firmly blame Hobbs for the selection. It stinks of a man being completely and utterly out of his depth in this arena.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
I still refuse to believe that Gary O'Neil is the best you can muster up against those constraints. He sourced the candidates. He made the call. I'm not absolving Fosun/Jeff of partial responsibility for the circumstances, but I firmly blame Hobbs for the selection. It stinks of a man being completely and utterly out of his depth in this arena.
Who else would have been on your shortlist then?

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I am all for communication and will praise it when it is right but these words by Hobbs dont sit right with me. I wont just remain silent if the club communicate with us but I dont agree with what is being said.
For me Hobbs says a lot and always appears sincere, however see him more like one of Boris Johnson’s political mates that will say whatever is needed to look like everything that happens is just part of their plan.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t forget Beale, there is a normal person’s idea of suitable candidate and theirs, so God knows the criteria.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This in spades.

Andi130

Reaction score
Who else would have been on your shortlist then?
Carrick
Van Nijstelooy
Galtier
Hassenhuttl
Any manager spanning Europe with a decent record looking for crack at the prem. I'm sure there were many others out there. Plenty who would have still fit the profile too(whatever that actually was.....)

If your full time job was to manage the recruitment for an elite level post in world football, with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent at your disposal. Surely, there would be a few more options to consider!? I just struggle to see that, at this level, how you cast the net and the most impressive candidate......the one that really blows your socks off is Gary O'Neil. And then you try to flog it to the fans yhat we've got a real catch. Get off! That's why, back to my original point, I have lost my trust in Hobbs.

Oh and remember the clamour for Beale. The other one that no-one really wanted. Most people will say that was sellars driven. It may have been on the face of it, but who was his right hand man at the time...Spot the common denominators.

Last edited:

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's clearly yet another decision/appointment made far too late in the day and full of desperation. Apparently he did a very detailed PowerPoint presentation, which is what our selection process has largely been based upon, rather than actual experience or achievements. Saying that, presumably JL was chosen based upon his experience/achievements rather than PowerPoint skills, and look where that got us. On the positive side, at least our expectations are already rock bottom (tipped for relegation by many), so any form of success (ie survival with a few half decent performances) will probably be gratefully received. It'd just be nice to have a period of stability and development for a change - hopefully Gary's the guy to provide this... (but I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a similar situation in 4-5 months time)
Bet Julian has never done a PowerPoint presentation, maybe for the Spain national job.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pathetic appointment.

If he is so good why did all the Champ teams needing a manager over the Summer pass on him? Was he simply too good?

Who has said he is 'so good'?

But the argument you are making is ridiculous. Another club didn't take him, therefore he is crap. I mean seriously!!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Welcome Gary indeed, as you are now the gaffer.

Like any manager, you will be judged on results, so I withhold any angst and will wait.

I mean, you kept Bournemouth up, which some might say, was a harder job than those done by Emery or JLo.

If you can do for us, what another previous Bournemouth manager did to Newcastle, everyone will be ecstatic.

I wish you well with your team selection (suggest start Fabio with Cunha, Nunes, Lemina & Sarabia for corners & free-kicks)... and best of luck with transfers (in & out), our players shooting, defending, passing, tackling, blocking, refs, linos, injuries and especially VAR decisions.

Get them playing high press, stylish attacking football, balls into the box (esp. when bring Sasa on), and I think you will cheer up most Wolves fans.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m ashamed at the vitriol, disrespect and just unkindness shown by wolves fans over the last 24 hours. He is our new manager. None of this mess is his doing. Feel free to come back in a few months with the gloating and told you sos but for now why are we doing this to a human being that will lead our club. He needs our support not this nonsense.
Fair comment.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having slept on this , these are my thoughts. It’s an underwhelming gamble for sure, but it could work out fine. I think the most disappointing aspect is the lack of vision. Like, you don’t appoint Gary O’Neil if your aim is to win trophies or get into Europe. Nothing against the bloke, I hope he does well obviously. However my ire is fully focused on Fosun and Lopetegui for both being complete ******s, not Gary.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the video by the Bournemouth fan could easily have been done by a wolves fan about lopetugui last season if we are honest.....off course I would rather have lopetugui and I'm not sticking up for O'Neil as such I'm just highlighting a bit balance.....

The 5 home wins of 1-0 under lopetugui could all be described as back to the wall stuff and lucky wins if we were honest..... easily could have lost all of them...

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair the video by the Bournemouth fan could easily have been done by a wolves fan about lopetugui last season if we are honest.....off course I would rather have lopetugui and I'm not sticking up for O'Brien as such I'm just highlighting a bit balance.....

The 5 home wins of 1-0 under lopetugui could all be described as back to the wall stuff and lucky wins if we were honest..... easily could have lost all of them...
I love how you’ve called him O’Brien lol

Back
Top Bottom