Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weirdo Superfan overload!!!! Aarghhh!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest! Your position is as bonkers as those people that hate and abuse without any rational thought. That first half, as with many first halves this season, was bad, real bad. Your position of of sticking your head in n the sand and wanting to just stroke the players heads and go ‘there, there ducky!’ is equally as bonkers. In fact, it’s down right weird. I’m sure Nuno doesn’t share your outlook as if he did, nothing would’ve changed at half time.

Last edited:
S

ShropshireLad

Odd thing is that looking at the Saints forum many of their fans feel they were a little lucky to be 2 in front at half time. Football fans eh?
They had three shots (one was a header into Rui’s arms), iirc, and scored two goals. It would be nice if we could do that.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd thing is that looking at the Saints forum many of their fans feel they were a little lucky to be 2 in front at half time. Football fans eh?
Maybe that relates to expectations. We know how well this set of players can play. We saw that in the second half and even then, I don’t think we were at our best. Which is why the first half seemed so poor. If on the other hand I’d had to endure the Saints second half performance for most of this season, then yes, I’d be feeling pretty fortunate to be two nil up at half time. But they’re natural reactions of any normal person. Wolves fans in fact are known for their ‘gallows humour’ when things aren’t right. But this ‘I knew we’d win’ *******s by some posters is just nauseating.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funnily enough I didn’t think we played that badly in the first half and not much better in the second half - sorry for being a happy clapper

Nowt wrong with positivity. I have that some days ;)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It was really similar to the Watford game. Started well and were by far the better side until we conceded an absolutely horrific goal from their first real attempt. Completely changed the flow and momentum of the game and we were poor all over for the rest of the half.

The courage and desire shown by all the boys in the second, together with the attacking excellence of our front three, shouldn’t gloss over another pretty average defensive performance.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe we think some people need to support the team for a whole 90 minutes without ****ing self harming!

Some want wolves to do **** so they can say I told you so! **** that ****

Which is equally as weird as the those that think criticism of the team is like someone has slagged off their mum.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe we think some people need to support the team for a whole 90 minutes without ****ing self harming!

Would be amazed if anyone on here was of that mindset. I admit that I thought we were stuffed at half time and gutted and thats just how I felt at the time but elated with the 2nd half. I love being proven wrong when it comes to Wolves.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is equally as weird as the those that think criticism of the team is like someone has slagged off their mum.

No one is above criticism, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But some of the comments during the comms thread and threads created before or at half time are embarrassing. Sometimes it’s best to wait until full time or to take a step back before posting.

This team never gives up, I’ve lost count of how many points we’ve gained from a losing position. Maybe just wait before posting?

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Thanks Notts, you said it a whole lot better than I could. Incidentally I think the team that started today is the team which will start against Liverpool on Thursday. Nuno knows best.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
People support their team how they want. At the ground today lots of people were unhappy with the performance but never once did people stop supporting, singing, chanting. We were as good second half as we were bad first half, which is kinda our season summed up.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is above criticism, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But some of the comments during the comms thread and threads created before or at half time are embarrassing. Sometimes it’s best to wait until full time or to take a step back before posting.

This team never gives up, I’ve lost count of how many points we’ve gained from a losing position. Maybe just wait before posting?

18 points I think we have won from a losing position.
Our team has some character!

R

reanswolf

I guess this is aimed at 'moi' Timberwolf, for starting a thread about bad threads today.

What I would say, I understand people's polar-opposite thoughts, I understand its a very emotional game and that its actually better to vent here than at a game. Its normal and acceptable to highlight concern, to worry about players not coming in, but sorry its unacceptable to lay it all on Nuno's shoulders or the current crop of players, these same people who have given so much.

But its a forum, freedom of speech etc etc, but still think it's highly disappointing that certain things are expressed in certain ways involving our club, players, manager etc right now.

Oh and its certainly not about being a superfan............just a fan, a supporter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

THIS. I don't react strongly either way. I find the over the top celebrations and predictions of greatness to be rather silly actually. But the reactions to defeats, poor performances and bad form is quite tragic.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest! Your position is as bonkers as those people that hate and abuse without any rational thought. That first half, as with many first halves this season, was bad, real bad. Your position of of sticking your head in n the sand and wanting to just stroke the players heads and go ‘there, there ducky!’ is equally as bonkers. In fact, it’s down right weird. I’m sure Nuno doesn’t share your outlook as if he did, nothing would’ve changed at half time.
Always said that this forum doesn’t represent your average match going fan. Too many that are closer to cult followers than actual normal supporters.

Don’t question the cause, the leader is always right. Believe in what you aren’t seeing with your own eyes. All dissenters must be shouted down.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the best things about a result like this is watching all the people who didn't post at half time pretending they weren't fed up, didn't moan, always believed we would overturn it, had no concerns about the lack of options on the bench etc.

I suppose people think it is good for their image to pretend to be a perfect fan though.

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I think I'm now starting to understand the "Nuno tactics". Stick to as smaller squad as poss, work the erm, socks of em, play more or less same lads as often you can and make sure they enter the field of play knackered. We can then all moan about having too smaller squad and playing the lads to a standstill. Most moaners will then have more than enough ammunition to attack Nuno, Shi, Thelwell et al not to mention the players. So, now crack on the recruitment staff and pick up a few immobile crocks who'll fit in admirably.:rolleyes:

R

reanswolf

One of the best things about a result like this is watching all the people who didn't post at half time pretending they weren't fed up, didn't moan, always believed we would overturn it, had no concerns about the lack of options on the bench etc.

I suppose people think it is good for their image to pretend to be a perfect fan though.
No, everyone was I am sure fed up, feeling down, worried about lack of depth in squad.
But not everyone started posting posts such as 'blame it on Nuno', 'Fosun start paying money' etc etc.

No one is a perfect fan, but there is a difference between being disappointed and slaughtering your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And a super fan is? Thought it was some celebrity who attends matches.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always said that this forum doesn’t represent your average match going fan. Too many that are closer to cult followers than actual normal supporters.

Don’t question the cause, the leader is always right. Believe in what you aren’t seeing with your own eyes. All dissenters must be shouted down.

I dont want to get involved in good fans or bad fans, it's not my place to do that and people react differently in different situations. We are all fans in the end and want the same thing!
Why I have responded to your post, was just to put it to you that cults usually concentrate on bad news and the world is going to end, if you don't join them. They need things to go wrong, they live off tragedies and peoples insecurity.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
THIS. I don't react strongly either way. I find the over the top celebrations and predictions of greatness to be rather silly actually. But the reactions to defeats, poor performances and bad form is quite tragic.

This too. What I struggle with is that for many, there are just 2 extremes, we're either "brilliant" or " shocking". There really are infinite shades in between! And also, selective memory and goldfish memory .It's like some people have an emotional system that can only operate on the last 10 minutes everything before that is forgotten. After a bad 10 minutes: "It's always like his, it's been like this forever, we're going nowhere/down/back to league 1". Were the good performances that long ago? And then to the other extreme, a good 10 minutes, a goal and we're going to win the Premier League next season. We let one in and it's back to needing a new manager and 10 new players to avoid relegation. This is often all in the same match!

Need to maintain perspective. 2-0 down has never been an instant defeat. A teams season is based on a lot more than the last half played. We're 6th because right now we're the 6th best team in England, meaning 14 other Premier League teams have had halves a lot worse than ours.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep we aren’t going to win the premier league by 2023 but neither are we suddenly ****!

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context and perspective.

Back in the day just after Mick and when Morgan ans Moxey were at their greatest the club had become toxic. It was blindingly obvious given the length of time of the Moxey tenure and increasingly talk not walk of Morgan that we were headed for trouble.n It was just a matter of how big that trouble would be and how it might be halted. So it proved and posters could quite rightly post about the mismanagement and poor state the club was headed for. Likewise it was strange how many seemed to think that they would come good at that time and defended the often non defensible.

Today it is blindingly obvious that inside four years the current administration has achieved in this time what no other has managed for forty years. We sit 6th in the league and in the last 32 of European competition. We have now won 18 points after being behind and have seen at least two performances this year (Spurs and Liverpool) where we looked at last a top four outfit.

So to see such posts as 'Nuno is to blame' (which he might be on occasions for the odd tactical fopar) and 'Fosun spend some cash' etc etc (when the transfer record at the club has been broken by some distance) because we have just gone 0-2 down in a game that even if we lost would still see us sitting top ten just 3 points off fifth place give the club's fan base a look of 'numpties' (as Mick would have it).As it was the team we have seen frequently turn a game around these past 2 years did it again. This is no fluke but the hallmark of a club in good nick and having the right winning mentality.

Nothing wrong with having a say on the games developments but to hysterically post as though we are back to sliding into Div 3 is embarrassing and a bit disrespectful to those who have took the club to it's highest profile in a generation, (or 2).

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You would have a point if you were seeing a side that was now say 15th. That couldn't cope with the demands of europe. That was getting tanked most weeks. But you're not.
There's questioning things and then there is only seeing every negative. I'm sick of hearing how it's all supposed to go wrong. How we're going to end up in a relegation battle. How any of the bench options aren't good enough. How we aren't going to sign anybody. If you don't agree with any of this that you are somehow deluded.

Meanwhile we're watching the best season so far in 40 years and some of you keep chipping away at it, chip chip chipping away at it, looking at every ****ing negative. It does my head in.
What kind of weirdo does that?
If it all goes to hell, then whinge about it when it does. But I don't think it will, because under the couldn't regime we've only gone one way so far.
It's not about believing in something anymore, it is about watching what is actually happening. This is a bloody good side. I find it baffling that some people can't see it.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context and perspective.

Back in the day just after Mick and when Morgan ans Moxey were at their greatest the club had become toxic. It was blindingly obvious given the length of time of the Moxey tenure and increasingly talk not walk of Morgan that we were headed for trouble.n It was just a matter of how bi that trouble would be and how it might be halted. So it proved and posters could quite rightly post about the mismanagement and poor state the club was headed for. Likewise it was strange how many seemed to think that they would come good at that time and defended the often non defensible.

Tosay it is blindingly obvious that inside four years the current administration has achieved in this time what no other has managed for forty years. We sit 6th in the league and in the last 32 of European competition. We have now won 18 points after being behind and have seen at least two performances this year (Spurs and Liverpool) where we looked at last a top four outfit.

So to see such posts as 'Nuno is to blame' (which he might be on occasions for the odd tactical fopar) and 'Fosun spend some cash' etc etc (when the transfer record at the club has been broken by some distance) because we have just gone 0-2 down in a game that even if we lost would still see us sitting top ten just 3 points off fifth place give the club's fan base a look of 'numpties' (as Mick would have it).As it was the team we have seen frequently turn a game around these past 2 years did it again. This is no fluke but the hallmark of a club in good nick and having the right winning mentality.

Nothing wrong with having a say on the games developments but to hysterically post as though we are back to sliding into Div 3 is embarrassing and a bit disrespetful to those who have took the club to it's highest profile in a generation, (or 2).
I’m not here to defend the OTT let’s all kill ourselves posts from this afternoon. More so to highlight that being a sycophantic superfan is equally as objectionable and stomach churning.
To use your example, where would we be if we’d all been ‘superfans’ during Moxey’s tenure or during Lamberts days, or during the mid-eighties? We’d be ****ed, that’s where.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
I’m not here to defend the OTT let’s all kill ourselves posts from this afternoon. More so to highlight that being a sycophantic superfan is equally as objectionable and stomach churning.
To use your example, where would we be if we’d all been ‘superfans’ during Moxey’s tenure or during Lamberts days, or during the mid-eighties? We’d be ****ed, that’s where.
What tend to get referred to as “superfans” or “happy clappers” are nearly always only trying to provide perspective to people who choose to moan and whinge (1) waaaay too often, (2) waaaay too vigorously, and (3) at the slightest sign of anything going wrong.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I think. Nuno ended up with a “smaller squad” than even he wanted because he had too much faith in the ability of Vallejo, Cutrone and our youngsters at the start of the season, and they didn’t prove up to the job.

But quite simply, all the stuff in the comms threads and other threads about us being in crisis, and the constant “we need to sign players NOW. Any players” is clearly rubbish, when you look at our league position.

You don’t have to be a “superfan” to point that out.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What tend to get referred to as “superfans” or “happy clappers” are nearly always only trying to provide perspective to people who choose to moan and whinge (1) waaaay too often, (2) waaaay too vigorously, and (3) at the slightest sign of anything going wrong.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I think. Nuno ended up with a “smaller squad” than even he wanted because he had too much faith in the ability of Vallejo, Cutrone and our youngsters at the start of the season, and they didn’t prove up to the job.

But quite simply, all the stuff in the comms threads and other threads about us being in crisis, and the constant “we need to sign players NOW. Any players” is clearly rubbish, when you look at our league position.

You don’t have to be a “superfan” to point that out.
Then you’ve missed the point. This isn’t about opposing POV that 99% of football fans have and it’s certainly not about the banter between ‘pant wetters’ and ‘Happy Clappers’.
This is about those fans today that at 2-0 down, said absolutely nothing, then at 4.50pm started giving it the big-un about how people should be ashamed for even questioning the outcome. As if they were some kind of football prophet. They targeted everyone who had a critique to make, not just the OTT posters. Which in my opinion, makes it all about them and not the Wolves. Proper ‘look at me, look at me, I’m the bestest Wolves fan EVER!’
It’s just vomit inducing!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its insulting comments against the players and managers that the so called ‘superfan’ find annoying or embarrassing. Is it really called for ? All players in any team make an error but then to have abuse thrown at them at any perceived mistake or miss is disgraceful.
I agree. I can’t defend some of the crap that was written at 2-0, it was embarrassing to read it.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Then you’ve missed the point. This isn’t about opposing POV that 99% of football fans have and it’s certainly not about the banter between ‘pant wetters’ and ‘Happy Clappers’.
This is about those fans today that at 2-0 down, said absolutely nothing, then at 4.50pm started giving it the big-un about how people should be ashamed for even questioning the outcome. As if they were some kind of football prophet. They targeted everyone who had a critique to make, not just the OTT posters. Which in my opinion, makes it all about them and not the Wolves. Proper ‘look at me, look at me, I’m the bestest Wolves fan EVER!’
It’s just vomit inducing!

Interesting. I suppose people who start up threads at HT in a game we are losing simply to moan about our manager, or posters who judge the success of a transfer window when we are only half way through it are not in any way self indulgent though right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom