Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weirdest Place You've Bumped Into a Wolves Fan

• Thread starter Deleted member 3751
  • Start date
D

DanWWFC1988

Went on work training in Denmark and met a guy called Christiansen (typical Dane name hey) who lived in Copenhagen but had supported wolves for years. Because of Steve bull!!!
I feel that people around the world are starting to support wolves again now for this reason but with our new star talents :)

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Not exactly ‘weird’ but I watched the Albion play off semi finals at The Cricketers Arms on International Drive in Orlando got their for 6am I think it was, only me and the mrs their until 2 mins before kick off when a group of 10 of the most obnoxious Albion fans showed up. Great!

Anyway second leg and their were 20 or so Wolves fans mainly living in Florida...not that it helped our cause.

Remember that place, long since been knocked down unfortunately.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bumped into other Wolves fans in so many places that it became a standard response from the missus when she finds me talking to a stranger 'Wolves ' ?

W

Wolves in Bucharest

McCarthy’s pub in Sofia. In those days it was an adventure to find the pub itself, let alone two Wolves fans finding it. Now I am informed the proprietor has moved the premises it may once again prove a challenge to find it.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bumped into 2 in Japan, one in Shinjuku and the other in Shibuya, one a Japanese Oasis loving bar owner that I got chatting to and the other an Irish chap walking down the road in a wolves top

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tiny deserted supermarket in a no horse town in middle of spain. Guy wearing wolves shirt. As i walked past him, i said “ love the shirt mate” . He just looked at me like I was an idiot , ignored me snd walked away.

B

Breamorewolf

Auschwitz, met a Jewish chap from London....he was wearing a Kippah (round cap on the head) which had a Wolves head emblazoned on the top!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top of Blackpool Tower a couple of seasons ago. Me and my lad were walking over that walk of faith glass thing when an elderly woman, who saw my lad's Wolves top, tapped my shoulder and asked "has your season ticket come in the post yet?". This was a few days before we started the season with Zenga at Rotherham.

Tefal

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oban, Scotland. I was in a pub with the family whilst on holiday at the time of the Sheff Utd play off final, watching the game on the big screen. MK scores the first goal and up in the air I go ... so do three lads on the next table ... "are you Wolves fans?" I ask ... their reply ... "we certainly are today, we're Sheff Wed normally" :rolleyes:
Likewise - during playoff final, I had booked a family holiday, so couldn't go to Cardiff. Was in an irish bar in Brugge watching it with only another 6 people who turned out to be the Brugge wolves supporters club!
Also - walking down Tenby high street on my hols - bumped into Jim who sits next to me in the North Bank!

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At a job interview in Wakefield, and I got the job too. :D The odd thing was that my new boss was a Baggies fan, while his boss was the Wolves fan who interviewed me.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive seen Denmead Wolf in a few strange states and first met him in a quite strange way lol.
Good bloke though, top chap, Wolves to his soul

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Not exactly a fan, but still lit my day up to hear it.
In a rural village in Dodoma region of Tanzania, the father of the house I was staying in asked me if I like football. Naturally I had to inform him of the mighty wanderers. He interjected telling me every week since midway through 2016-17 he better on wolves to win because he loves them. I tried to ask him why he loves them but all I could garner from it was 'wolves, veeeeeery dangerous, score goody goals' over the course of my stay we went to watch every wolves match at a teacher in the villages house.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About 15 years ago at a boot sale in Exeter.
Had a Wolves shirt with Kennedy on the back!! I never actually spoke to him as I was in the middle of a transaction with a seller.
By the time I had concluded the deal he had vanished....

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not bumped into a fan but just bumped into a couple of Wolves backroom staff in W88 kit in bar....thankfully players wrapped up in bed!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not bumped into a fan but just bumped into a couple of Wolves backroom staff in W88 kit in bar....thankfully players wrapped up in bed!
Also found a pub in Newton Aycliffe called Locomotion One which was full of Wolves memorabilia...about 25 years ago....disappointed when went back a few years later and no memorabilia...

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
I was on holiday in San Fransisco in 1996 and took the trip to Alcatraz - while I was looking round the prison i walked passed a bloke wearing his wolves top - just nodded and smiled.
Then in Oz where I lived in for a couple of years - I was on a ferry on Sydney Harbour just after the championship play off final win against Sheff Utd and i got chatting to a bloke in a Wolves cap about the win - came back to the UK just after that... Also met a few Melbourne Wolves over in Williamstown during the promotion season :)

Back
Top Bottom