Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weimann

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

Really wanted to get involved. Seemed very pacey.

Stuff he tried generally didn't quite come off, a couple of loose passes. Looked decent though.

Wouldn't mind seeing him as striker if Dicko and Bod keep misfiring. We are pretty good on the break and he'd bomb down the field I think.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have a buy option on him?

According to Steve McClaren, Weimann is "a good player", but Derby have "too many players in that area".
That looks very much like they would like to sell him on if possible.
Hard to say what sort of money they would want - there seems to be no record of how much he cost Derby in the first place.

M

merseawolf

He was rapid doing his warm up at h/t on Sat. When he came on i thought he carried the ball really well but looked understandably at odds with his link up play. He played a couple of balls into nice areas with no one on the end of them. Not sure if he was involved in the build up to the penalty but Doc went past him. Very promising i would say. Anyone with that pace who can travel with the ball will be dangeous at our level. I have high hopes for him.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult to judge really, his debut and us down to 10 men for most of his time on the pitch. Got lots of pace which is always useful against championship defenders.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Played last 20 mins or so as a left back when Doc went in between the sticks didn't he ?

E

Essex Wolf

is he available v liverpool?
I was under the impression he was but I'm often wrong.
Re the OP, thought when he came on looked very livey and no shortage of pace. Tried to get involved but with the game ending as it did was always difficult to really show what he could offer.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can keep Costa, if we can make Cav more consistent, and if Graham gets back to his best, an in-form Weimann would be the icing on the cake.

(OK, there are a lot of ifs there)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa fans said to me he's rubbish but they said that about Lambert so I don't take any notice

From what I gather he works hard

Those pesky villa fans are the only people that keep linking us with Westwood if Lambert genuinely wanted him he would of signed for us by now

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was it the other day that said he had no pace?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can keep Costa, if we can make Cav more consistent, and if Graham gets back to his best, an in-form Weimann would be the icing on the cake.

(OK, there are a lot of ifs there)
Don't we need someone who can at least score or be able to challenge for crosses? We've got a worker in Dicko who may not be able to find the back of the net. And Bodvarsson who can do everything but score. And Gladdon.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a useful addition and I would like to see what he can do in an outright striker role. Definitely a step up compared to some of our other players. Easily good enough for an upwardly mobile Championship team which is what we aspire to be.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the Derby STH I know well think he is decent and should have been given a better chance with them. They tell me he is a good signing.
Exactly he needs a boost and hopefully he can do it for us

S

ShropshireLad

Villa fans said to me he's rubbish but they said that about Lambert so I don't take any notice

From what I gather he works hard

Those pesky villa fans are the only people that keep linking us with Westwood if Lambert genuinely wanted him he would of signed for us by now
Plenty of players move on a big fee and prove to be useless at their new club (remember Torres?:oops:) and vice-versa also happens. A player's form after a move can improve significantly if they're happier in their new surroundings and the converse is also true if they can't settle.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of players move on a big fee and prove to be useless at their new club (remember Torres?:oops:) and vice-versa also happens. A player's form after a move can improve significantly if they're happier in their new surroundings and the converse is also true if they can't settle.
Torres was ****ed 2 seasons before he left Liverpool. Chelsea were incredibly stupid.

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember now it was on guess and star in an article how we nearly signed him previously but opted for Derby instead

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great game , this is what we need from Cavaliero, great skill and pace

T

The Wolf of Willenhall

He was excellent. Quick, intelligent, tracked back superbly and very direct. No brainer we should consider signing him.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good player. Quick, works hard, took his goal very well. I dont think Dicko would have had the confidence to go round the keeper like Weimann did.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way he slipped the ball past the diving keeper to set up his tap in was superb. He looks a class player to me and if PL can get him back to his Villa best then with him and Costa (?????) next season we have a pair up top that we can build a side around.

Back
Top Bottom