Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weeping for Wolves?

jeb01

Reaction score
Seeing some Arsenal fans in tears as their darlings got worked over by Chelsea last night I wondered if anyone on here had wept tears of joy, rage or frustration at a Wolves game?
I was at Cardiff for the playoff final, which is one if my most joyful days as a Wolves fan, and I felt anger and frustration at the semi final this year, but tears? Nowhere near.
I’m not unemotional, far from it, but on Saturday night the cameras will no doubt lovingly linger on some ****ney or scouser weeping away, and I just don’t get it.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt hugely emotional from time to time - mostly when bursting with Wulfrunian pride... but never tears...especially after a defeat

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having seen some of the **** life can throw at you, theres a lot more things in the world that makes me upset.
Agree totally @Pagey but myself personally deal with all that daily , however occasionally have a bit of a melt down for an hour or two and always football related . But no doubt outside stuff raising its head.
Each to their own I guess

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree totally @Pagey but myself personally deal with all that daily , however occasionally have a bit of a melt down for an hour or two and always football related . But no doubt outside stuff raising its head.
Each to their own I guess
Is the football causing the meltdown, or is football a release? Hypothetical question, Not wishing to get personal.

D

deswulf

half time at Cardiff in 2003 i was a sobbing mess for a good 10 mins

D

Deleted member 4453

After a critical loss you just need to keep a level head where football is concerned, That's the game at the end of the day. The emotions in a loss are completely different from that of a huge victory. The latter being far more overwhelming.

If you look at the 2 sets of fans witnessing that Cardiff game last April, you'd forgive Wolves fans for crying for the sheer shock of it all. Cardiff fans would probably just feel very very glum.

If we had gone on to win the FAC final I think I would've though, was a little shuck after the QF.

A lot of younger fans, even those in their 30s and 40s haven't seen Wolves be much at all, having to bare the brunt of all the glory hunting contingent that you knew you were better than but still irked you.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shed a few quiet tears as I left the game against Arsenal in April, after we had soundly beaten them for the first time since 40 years before in September 1979 at Highbury (which I was also at, it was my 31st birthday). Tears of pride at how far we have come.

E

E is for idiot.

I've never cried at the game personally, closest I have ever come was at Wembley. This is the first season that my eldest has been to more than one or two games and when that second goal went in he jumped into my arms and was screaming in my ear. It was a feeling I'd never had before, sharing that with my son. Almost shed a tear at that moment.

W

wolvesultra

Having seen some of the **** life can throw at you, theres a lot more things in the world that makes me upset.

That's damn true but do you not find the two are often intertwined?

Most my family support Wolves (all close family) 99% of my mates support Wolves.

caradon wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cup semi final at Maine Road. Sat on the stairs at the back of the Kippax after losing to Leeds. I was in tears, I was only a teenager.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football a release mate .
I love this response, when i was going in the late 80s, early 90s i was a young angry ****er, getting into scrapes everywhere i went, but realised my life would spiral if i carried on.
So for 90 mins every week i let my hair down, if something on the pitch made me happy, i celebrated.
In those 90 mins i would go through every possible emotion, walk out the ground exhausted, and couldnt wait to do it all again.

Last edited:

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had tears in my eyes after Jota put us 2-0 up in the quater final this season. Only time that's ever happened.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than small children anyone who cries at football must be emotionally suspect to begin with.
My Mrs thinks I'm an emotional basket case anyway, and I tend to agree with her. I don't get emotional at tragedy, bad news, personal disappointment or watching a west African child on the news dying from Ebola...However, show me a poorly Labrador on Supervet and I'm in ****ing bits.
No, I don't cry at football except the play-off final in Cardiff....it was 19 years remember and we were back with the big boys!!!!!

W

wolvesultra

I've cried **** loads haha.

Cried into my pillow as a kid after listening to Bolton cheat us out of the play offs on the wireless.

Cried my eyes out when we lost to Palace in the play offs (mostly for Bully that one the realisation he'd never play for us in the top flight), luckily the photographer did pick me out and put me in the Express & Star like they did another kid from our school who got a good ribbing.

Shed a tear at Brighton when we went down to League 1 (the lowest in my Wolves supporting days). Not sure why as realistically I knew we were down the week before against Burnley (was more angry that day), but yeah as the final whistle went I found myself drifting away from my mates in the stand and just having a bit of a moment to myself with a tear in my eye.

Even had the odd tear in my eye at Wembley this season not when we lost it but when we were 2-0 up. The place was buzzing my brother and niece next to me were buzzing, most my mates (who I've been through plenty both following Wolves and other situations with) were somewhere around the ground buzzing. I thought of my Dad who's no longer with us but who had seen us in a FA Cup final and yeah a few tears dripped out.

See its the common bond/goals (inc Wolves being successful) you share with loved ones that make it emotional , in my opinion anyway. You link football to other aspects of life in your brain if that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've cried at things which don't matter, I've also not cried at much more serious things.

It's about the state you are in and the story you are being told, or are telling yourself in your head.

tiredness/ drunkness is a good one. People cry at films, it doesn't mean you actually care.

W

wolvesultra

I've cried at things which don't matter, I've also not cried at much more serious things.

It's about the state you are in and the story you are being told, or are telling yourself in your head.

tiredness/ drunkness is a good one. People cry at films, it doesn't mean you actually care.
This is true I cried at a Britney Spears documentary once, mind you I'd just come back from a Primal Scream gig that I'd dropped one too many little uns at...E'd up to ****!
I shed one the match after Deano died. I got to know him a bit so was saying good bye to a mate.
Ah yeah shed a tear that day too didn't get to know him but as a kid in the 90s Deano was of my first hero's and to see him die at such a young age leaving those kids was heart breaking (still is I re-watched the tribute on YouTube not long back and still well up).

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never once cried about the insignificant game that is football. There are so many other things that are far more important in life.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cried leaving Wembley, not even going to sugar coat that, my eyes were moist. Namely at going home and seeing my daughter in her little Wolves kit, even though she wouldn't understand it was the thought that I had somehow failed her by Wolves losing at Wembley really upset me.

Luckily all was cleared when she wore the same kit for Watford away to repair the damage and now shes the lucky charm again. :cool:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton in 95 is the closest I have felt to heartbreak over Wolves. I had all kinds of emotions I just never thought I would feel over a game of football. Horrible.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cup semi final at Maine Road. Sat on the stairs at the back of the Kippax after losing to Leeds. I was in tears, I was only a teenager.
I know exactly how you felt mate.
I was in my late 20's at that game, and felt TOTALLY gutted, especially as we had been the better team.
REALLY unjust that was.
Even neutrals were feeling the same.
Happy days now though, BIG TIME.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cried when we kicked off at Wembley, finally seeing Wolves there in a meaningful game, with my 9 yr old next to me was enough.

I didn’t cry at the result though and I was so proud of my lad that he didn’t cry too.

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I welled up away at Blackburn for our first ever Premier game way back in 2003 has the players were walking out. I never thought I'd see the day. We lost 5-1 on the end

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but just as anything in life can trigger latent grief (a song for instance), so can a sporting event. Like music, not worthy of any tears in and of itself, but tears can still be drawn from that untapped reservoir because of a catalyst that might be something as innocuous as seeing our iconic colours, let alone seeing the club nearly go under or losing a cup semi final or winning the League Cup.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While we are all different and things affect people differently I am not a crier yet I understand kids getting emotional as when you are that age a Wolves loss is traumatic.

When I reached adulthood I realised that football or any sport is just a game, while the " Game of life " is upsetting as people you knew and loved die or are diagnosed with some terrible disease that they did nothing to justify having.

Nothing winds me up more than when I hear footballers and other sportsman talking about " Going to war " No you are flaming well not you are playing a game nothing more.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but just as anything in life can trigger latent grief (a song for instance), so can a sporting event. Like music, not worthy of any tears in and of itself, but tears can still be drawn from that untapped reservoir because of a catalyst that might be something as innocuous as seeing our iconic colours, let alone seeing the club nearly go under or losing a cup semi final or winning the League Cup.
Totally agree, tbh the Mrs says i hard ******* who has no emmotions.
I never seem to express if im upset, angry etc, just carry on with things as things pass me by.
Death doesnt upset or Worry me, although if it was a child i would like to think it would.
I put it down to my father dying when i was 3, and the way the situation was handled at the time. Probably sound heartless, but live life like its like my last day, is my motto.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought this was the latest transfer rumour linking us to anothr Chinese player.;):cool:

Back
Top Bottom