Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We can't sell Traore..

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've been looking at the various threads with the transfer speculation and the possible ins and outs. It seems that there's a general opinion that Jimenez is possibly the most likely to attract serious attention with Traore and maybe Neves not far behind. I'm a bit baffled if I'm honest and have mentioned my bafflement on a couple of the threads without anyone particularly commenting.

Raul and Ruben I can understand but I don't really see how Adama will move in this particular window, or any future one until his shoulder issue is sorted out. If we are going to sell, we're going to want a serious fee. I think someone mentioned in excess of £100m with regard to Liverpool's interest. What club in their right mind is going to pay even half of that amount with the ongoing problems he has?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't be sold. He's not good enough yet to play for Pep, or any of the real top tier clubs abroad, on a regular basis. Liverpool would find him a handy option I'm sure but if they aren't willing to spend £50m odd on the release clause Timo Werner, who is already performing at an elite level both down the middle and wide of a front three, they aren't coughing up for what we want for Adama. Then there's the other issue that he's surely going in for surgery at some point over the next three weeks, whenever our Europa League journey finishes. Genuinely nothing to worry about here.

This will come back to bite me I'm sure, but the only player I can see people paying good money for this upcoming window - and him maybe looking to go if he gets the right offer - is Raul. Seems pretty clear Adama and Neves are here for a while yet. Look at Ruben's comments the other day about how the 'big sharks' need to get used to seeing our Wolves challenging them at the top. They ain't going anywhere. Raul a bit different for me as he's only got one big move left in him and if he gets an offer, he sort of has to take it.

If Adama and Neves continue on their current trajectory they will both be deemed world-class within a year or two IMO [I know some believe Neves is already there, a worthy argument...], at which point if we aren't in the top four, we'll make a hell of a lot of money on them and they will probably want to test themselves at a higher level.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is paying £100 million for him. And no one will pay a stack for a knocking 30 Raul.

I think they’ll stay. We need to supplement the squad we have and not sell.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would disagree IF we can get ridiculous money for him. 80 million would go a long long way towards three players who could turn us into top 4 contenders - with the mendes factor ensuring top talent.

But no one will have that kind of money

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would disagree IF we can get ridiculous money for him. 80 million would go a long long way towards three players who could turn us into top 4 contenders - with the mendes factor ensuring top talent.

But no one will have that kind of money
Maybe you didn't read my post, or maybe I didn't explain my point well enough. I'm saying we CAN'T sell him because of his shoulder issue. No club will take the risk. Whether we SHOULD sell or not, I'm pretty neutral on.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are serious in that we want to progress,then we don´t sell players like Adama Traore.
Instead,we add quality players to give him an even better environment for him to blossom even more.

This said,I agree the current shoulder problem should mean we get to marvel over the fantastic footballing qualities of Adama Traore for one or two more seasons.

I am perfectly happy with that.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is moving

We are playing until mid august hopefully so only 3-4 weeks before the season starts. When are clubs meant to do the business? Nothing will happen whilst we are still competing

jimenez still has 2 seasons at his best imo . Is that worth the 75 million we wouldrightly demand ? Can’t see anyone paying that. Would he move his family immediately after a new born? Doubtfuk - but another 0 on his wage does talk

traoreneeds an op . I imagine he will have it after Europa and miss the start of season. Who would sign him for the moneywe want with such an injury?

neves is a wolf and won’t go anywhere

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are serious in that we want to progress,then we don´t sell players like Adama Traore.
Instead,we add quality players to give him an even better environment for him to blossom even more.

This said,I agree the current shoulder problem should mean we get to marvel over the fantastic footballing qualities of Adama Traore for one or two more seasons.

I am perfectly happy with that.
I think that really depends upon how much we got for him and how Uncle Jorge were to spend it. It could strengthen us. Not saying it definitely will ... but it could.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't read my post, or maybe I didn't explain my point well enough. I'm saying we CAN'T sell him because of his shoulder issue. No club will take the risk. Whether we SHOULD sell or not, I'm pretty neutral on.
My bad! I don't think anyone will spend the bunce we need in this odd window

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IMO we won't be selling anyone we don't want to. UNLESS they have an amazing Europa League next month. Jimenez and Neves are currently our most saleable assets. Jota is too streaky. Traore's shoulder issue makes him not worth the amount of money we would demand. Jimenez looked poor against Chelsea and I think that will be to our benefit, the elite clubs will view it that he failed the big test. That is, as I said, unless he has an amazing Europa League.

Now, the caveat is, do the club need to raise funds?

If they need to raise 50 million to fund transfers, then they may be willing to lower their valuations of certain players to induce a sale. But personally, I don't think so.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
If a club wanted to buy him they would do so without much concern over his shoulder - for an outfield player this is not a big issue just a question of timing for the necessary surgery. For a goalkeeper it can be (and often is) career-threatening.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s more important we keep him and Jota. We will loose Raul and possibly Neves this season. Hope not but that’s football.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he has another good season and improves his goal return then I think we'll get some serious interest.

He's had one good season so I could imagine clubs would be nervous about spunking top dollar on him just yet

Back
Top Bottom