Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WBA world's greatest fans: update

Dougal McGuire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would also appear that the "Dingles Watch" thread has now slipped onto page 2...

P

PabloWolfo

I'll have to join that forum to get the thread back near the top soon...

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH i have been really quiet towards my $$$$ fan mates so far all season, both about us being top and them being bottom. Been too scared to tempt fate, still am. However, as soon as its all mathematically done and dusted i will be giving it out big style to the scruffy $$$$as! Football swings up and down and this is hopefully our turn to be on top for once.

Remember losing the play off 2nd leg and having them nobs on the pitch goading us while the police and stewards did sod all. They will be getting it back ten times over. I just pray that if we do go up we spend big and make a real fist of it. That would really rub it in!

Come on you Wolves! So close to the dream scenario....!

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My best mate supports the Baggies, over the years I've had to deal with constant reminders of how we chucked it away in 2001/02, stomach the two 3-0 defeats we suffered in the league and FA Cup in the 2006/07 season as well as dealing with the bragging when we lost to them in the play-off semi-finals. Unlike you Sedgwolf, I've loved being able to rub his face in the fact we're having a good season and they look destined for the drop. I don't have much to brag about to him so I'm making the most of every opportunity.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My best mate supports the Baggies, over the years I've had to deal with constant reminders of how we chucked it away in 2001/02, stomach the two 3-0 defeats we suffered in the league and FA Cup in the 2006/07 season as well as dealing with the bragging when we lost to them in the play-off semi-finals. Unlike you Sedgwolf, I've loved being able to rub his face in the fact we're having a good season and they look destined for the drop. I don't have much to brag about to him so I'm making the most of every opportunity.

Iv waited this long, im sure i can last a few more weeks...! Rest assured i will be making up for lost time though!

L

long ball man

Its a lot of fun at the moment laughing at Mowbray and the bewildered Baggies fans seeing their 3rd promotion turn to dust.

However I don't see any reason for gloating until we have been established in the Prem for five seasons and (re)established ourselves as the 2nd biggest club in the Midlands and as a club who can compete in the cups.

I know we are a bigger club than West Brom (and for that matter Birmingham, Reading, Hull, Stoke, Pompey, Bolton, Fulham, Middlesbro and probably about half of next year's Prem) I think we have a far better 'infrastructure' in terms of training ground, academy etc. I think we have a number of seriously good young palyers who are only going to get better. I also think we have the best manager we could possibly have given our current status and stage of growth.

But...I just suspect in my heart of hearts that the gulf is too big now and neither us or WBA will ever establish themselves in the Prem given the current economics. I think that if and when we go up we will do it differently to WBA in terms of signing policy, wages etc...will we do it better? Who knows?

I am not that prone to put the boot into WBA just yet...I can see us swapping divisions pretty regularly for the foreseeable.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
However I don't see any reason for gloating until we have been established in the Prem for five seasons and (re)established ourselves as the 2nd biggest club in the Midlands and as a club who can compete in the cups.

I know we are a bigger club than West Brom (and for that matter Birmingham, Reading, Hull, Stoke, Pompey, Bolton, Fulham, Middlesbro and probably about half of next year's Prem) I think we have a far better 'infrastructure' in terms of training ground, academy etc. I think we have a number of seriously good young palyers who are only going to get better. I also think we have the best manager we could possibly have given our current status and stage of growth.

But...I just suspect in my heart of hearts that the gulf is too big now and neither us or WBA will ever establish themselves in the Prem given the current economics. I think that if and when we go up we will do it differently to WBA in terms of signing policy, wages etc...will we do it better? Who knows?

I am not that prone to put the boot into WBA just yet...I can see us swapping divisions pretty regularly for the foreseeable.

Sad but true !

J

jbarnettuk1984

Not bothered about them to be honest. We will have 19 Premier League teams to worry about next season - not WBA. Let them talk.

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

Sheez Glassgow - thats some anger you got there... Surely lifes too short...

I am like Sam - my best mate is an Albion fan - and he is a top bloke - and at the end of the day its only a game of footie

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season after we went down on 33 points west brom stayed up with their highest ever Premier League points total of 34.

They may have been in the prem 3 times but they have hardly been a success and now they have a stuborn manager who keeps complimenting other teams for playing "football how it should be played" just so he can excuse the way his shower of $$$$ play.

Tony Gale was on SSN yesterday talking about West Brom and said that Moanbury would do things differently if he had his time in the Prem again. Would he $$$$, if they come back up they would be just as bad as they are this season.

Wehave a far better chance of staying up next season then they ever will. They no it and it hurts.

J

John

I've felt no need to take the $$$$ all season, niether will I through the summer.
The smile on my face will be enough.

Simmowolf

Reaction score
It's beyond me how someone can 'hate' someone else just because they don't like the same football team as them.

L

Langdale Wolf

I am too busy concentrating on my own team right now, Albion's plight really hasn't bothered me.

I have loads of mates who are Albion fans - IF we swap places, they won't get any jip from me. I will obviously find it hard to contain my joy IF we go up, but it won't be at the expense of Albion - just for my love of the Wolves.

Wolves are my club, not that lot. I hate it when we sing how much we hate them at EVERY bloody game. When I'm watching MY team, the last thing on my mind are Albion. I'm more interested in the games concerning our promotion rivals than I am about a supposed rival down the road who's result is totally insignificant to anything we're involved in.

I hope they come straight back up IF we go up and stay up - the more local sides in the Prem the better as far as I'm concerned.

Let them froth at the mouth and spout jealous venom at us if it all goes our way, but there'll be no 'banter' or boasting about their plight from me.

J

jbarnettuk1984

Just what I was thinking.

Come on Glasgow - OUR team are on the verge of something memorable. Let it go - it does you NO favours.
Well it appears he has now been banned for two weeks...

Your previous post is excellent and i agree with every word.

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

Langdale - you are spot on - we are on the verge of achieveing the best thing we have done in over half a century - I would class being promoted in pos 1 or 2 (if we go onto achieve it!) as better than being promoted via the playoffs - I would be so proud of my team - nothing else would tarnish that :) come on you Wolves make us all proud...

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am like Sam - my best mate is an Albion fan - and he is a top bloke - and at the end of the day its only a game of footie

Don't get me wrong, he's a top bloke - but it will be nice to have the bragging rights for a change!

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

Sam - Absoloutely - no harm in a bit of Banter - thats what mates do - just beware that it will come back to bite you in the Ass :)

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

Its what we all have to do mate :)

While it lasts it will be worth it :)

S

saigonwolves

it'll make up for the crap I've had to put up with over the past few years living in bearwood and working in handsworth. Thankfully, not too many tescos out here, or I may be tempted to 'do a glasgow' when out drinking!

Back
Top Bottom