Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WBA takeover?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it will interest some but the baggies have a major announcement this morning sad to be a takeover. Think this might have been the group rumoured to us.

T

The Dowg

Irrelevant. Not bothered.
We take the pee out of them having "Dingle watch" and being "obsessed" and then start this...

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The richest guy in China, they did this to trump us

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
We take the pee out of them having "Dingle watch" and being "obsessed" and then start this...

Indeed. Thread title changed for talk of any takeover, but we aren't having an equivalent to Dingle Watch.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guochuan Lai fronts Yunyi Guokai (Shanghai) Sports Development Limited

That's not who was rumoured is it?

D

Deleted member 4456

Actually, Jeremy Peace has managed to find someone who has no visible record of success, barring some vague mention of an investment company with a market capitalisation of £1.8bn, which isn't even in FOSUN's league. As you were.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well the company that has bought them or the owner "guochuan lai" don't appear to exist according to google, so I'd suggest he isn't.

Edit, he's linked to some company that has as a market cap. of £1.8bn and generated a revenue of £500m last year according to West Brom's statement (nothing about him on google though so I doubt he's the owner of that company?)

West Brom's revenue will probably be touching £200m after this season's TV deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's basically a Chinese Jeremy Peace

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre season tournament in China featuring Wolves, Albion, Villa and Blues anyone?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange that they've also been sold to an investment group.

Wonder why the interest in Midlands clubs?!?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange that they've also been sold to an investment group.

Wonder why the interest in Midlands clubs?!?

If you go by Jeff Shi's comments of looking for somewhere that is basically underperforming/has a lot of room for improvement.

The football clubs and the region fit that.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you read carefully they have been bought by a shell company. I agree about a dingle watch thread and wont post again on it

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potentially exciting times for Midlands football. As much as i dislike them, I'd love to have all 4 midlands clubs doing well in the PL.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you go by Jeff Shi's comments of looking for somewhere that is basically underperforming/has a lot of room for improvement.

The football clubs and the region fit that.

Good point. Would be great to see both clubs & regions performing at the top end again.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious note this doesnt seem that transparent to me. Im sure Peace wouldnt sell to someone dodgy but the holding company was set up to buy the club and is ran by a guy who has as little background info as the mad doctor at Villa.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares??
We have our new Chinese owners they have theirs, Villa theirs, maybe this will create a bit of competitive spirit between the rival owners to be the best.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope its not the Wanda group, they are seriously, seriously rich.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, four midlands clubs owned by Chinese, when we play each other ALL bets are off.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guochuan Lai fronts Yunyi Guokai (Shanghai) Sports Development Limited

That's not who was rumoured is it?

Nope. It's like wanting Selfridges and getting the local convenience store.

D

Deleted member 3573J

If this thread is still going in 4 years time and reaches 250 pages we can compare it to dingle watch, as it is it's a thread about a takeover of a local club, just like when villa were bought.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from the Baggies forum

I don't see loads of cash to be honest. The business market cap is only £1.8bn - that makes it relatively small. And its quarterly profits was only £7m.

Palm was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2010 (ticker number 002431) and had a market capitalisation as at 4 August 2016 of RMB15.6billion (GBP1.8billion). In the six months ended 30 June 2016, Palm had revenue of RMB1.45billion (GBP164million) and recorded a profit before tax of RMB60million (GBP7million).

I'd like to be delighted but my brief scan says we've just inherited the Chinese Jeremy Peace....

D

Deleted member 4456

They don't appear to be as big as FOSUN!

Put it this way. If what West Brom are saying is correct and their new owners make a (theoretical) net profit of around £7m every six months, it means that on average, FOSUN makes more money on a good day than they do in a financial year. They aren't even in the same league in terms of the money they can generate.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Takeovers are so last month.

As always, The Baggies are following us. Always in our shadow...

Interesting times for Midlands Football...

Back
Top Bottom