Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WBA (A) Pre-Match Thread

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5872.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY

How are you feeling?! Excited? Nervous? Both?!

First of all, this won’t be easy. They’ve actually got a decent home record, and of course the occasion acts as a bit of a levelling up. But, we have a really good side. Great to listen to Gary O’Neil the other day saying he was preparing the team for what the game will be like tactically but also emotionally. If we are going to get a result and end the long, long wait, we need to get both right.

The build up has been very strange I’ve gotta say. It’s only really in the last day or so when them lot have wanted to talk about it. I think they’re worried of what our team is capable of, so they aint really wanted to give it the big one. Just in case.

In terms of team, I’d hope Gary goes as strong as possible. And i think he will. Ait Nouri might only be on the bench after a lot of travelling this week, and Sarabia might not be risked with his bad calf. Easy to forget we have two really important league games coming up this week.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Doherty
Neto Cunha Bellegarde​

Bentley, Bueno, Bueno, Ait Nouri, Hodge, Griffiths, Sarabia, Chirewa, Fraser.

Looks a good team to me.

It’s a really difficult game to sum up, because it means so much to different people for different reasons. Some live close and it’s a tribal thing. Some live far away and the rivalry feels different. Some have suffered pain against this lot time and again, whereas others have barely seen us play them. I think we all believe we can win, we dare to dream. The lads will need you today, wherever you are and wherever you’re from. This is our club, our badge, our town, and let’s hope today we show what we’re about.

Whether you’re following from the Hawthorns in Birmingham, across Wolverhampton and the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get that win lads!

COYW!

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
View attachment 40081

First of all, this won’t be easy. They’ve actually got a decent home record, and of course the occasion acts as a bit of a levelling up. But, we have a really good side. Great to listen to Gary O’Neil the other day saying he was preparing the team for what the game will be like tactically but also emotionally. If we are going to get a result and end the long, long wait, we need to get both right.

The build up has been very strange I’ve gotta say. It’s only really in the last day or so when them lot have wanted to talk about it. I think they’re worried of what our team is capable of, so they aint really wanted to give it the big one. Just in case.

In terms of team, I’d hope Gary goes as strong as possible. And i think he will. Ait Nouri might only be on the bench after a lot of travelling this week, and Sarabia might not be risked with his bad calf. Easy to forget we have two really important league games coming up this week.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Neto Cunha Bellegarde​

Looks a good team to me.

It’s a really difficult game to sum up, because it means so much to different people for different reasons. Some live close and it’s a tribal thing. Some live far away and the rivalry feels different. Some have suffered pain against this lot time and again, whereas others have barely seen us play them. I think we all believe we can win, we dare to dream. The lads will need you today, wherever you are and wherever you’re from. This is our club, our badge, our town, and let’s hope today we show what we’re about.

Whether you’re following from the Hawthorns in Birmingham, across Wolverhampton and the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get that win lads!

COYW!
Beautifully put angel.

As you get on in life you find yourself asking for less and less, on this occasion I make an exception....

To him up there, goo on, just for once!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just woken up with a real mixture of hype and nerves going through the veins, knowing how much today means for all involved.

It will be a tough affair with our opponents being right in the Play-Off chase.

With our attacking prowess, I hope we go at them and use our pace from the off.

A win means this squad will automatically go into club folklore and we certainly have a gaffer who knows the significance of today.

Hope all enjoy the game from wherever we are and hope all fans represent the club in a good manner.

See the rest of you with tickets there!

Up The Wolves!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we absolutely smash them and end these awful records we have against them in the cup and at Poorthornes but there's part of me that wants a replay at the Golden Palace. Much prefer the first outcomevtho. COTW Smash these inbred ****ers

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
So tough to call. I think (and hope) our class will shine through and it will be a comfortable 2-0, that would be the wolves way… right?!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got to admit, I struggled to sleep last night - and I'm only watching the thing on the telly! Shame Hwang isn't playing, but surely we've got enough, especially with Neto back and looking sharp. I hope him and RAN (and Cunha) run them ragged! Cmon Wolves!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nervous. I hope Gary's got them fired up and they're up for it because we can't take this one lightly.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Fitful night, the dream I had said 1-1, wouldn't be the worst, smash them at Molineux with 26k Wolves in the ground. See the lucky ones there, hope the TV gets the atmosphere and doesn't treat us like the Klopp wake warm up.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confident as hell.
We are better than them all over the pitch and I expect us to go as strong as possible.
GON treats the FA Cup in the right way in general(no bleeding backup keeper)and it´s evident he knows what this matchup means for all the local fans of WWFC.
Albion certainly is no better than blades..oops!
We will beat them by a fairly comfortable margin.We score first and they will open up and then we might even smash them.

Cross country skiing followed by the BCD...Ravens vs Chiefs to follow.
I´m looking forward to a brilliant Sunday.

**** off west brom
The Wolves.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lineup is the sames as Jades,with the Doherty exception.
I´d start RAN and bring on Bueno or Doc if necessary later iin the match.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never been this chilled about a BCD. I was fairly relaxed before watching us beat them 2-0 in the return game during the 4-2 season. This time it is complete confidence with no concerns, ifs, buts.

Will be out on the road working during most of the match, so won't really be involved in the game as it's being played - perhaps the odd five minutes of radio commentary.

I'll be following it mostly blind via the match thread.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 40081

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Neto Cunha Bellegarde​

Looks a good team to me.

COYW!
Brilliant post Jade, nice one.

Not much to say at this point. Come on me babies, go and get the job done.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC Breakfast this morning, 'there are four FA cup ties today. Liverpool play Norwich in the first game since Klopp announced he is leaving (picture of Klopp on screen).
Manchester Utd play Newport in their last chance of a trophy this season (presser of Ten Haag repeating that it is their last chance of a trophy this season).
Nothing more.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC Breakfast this morning, 'there are four FA cup ties today. Liverpool play Norwich in the first game since Klopp announced he is leaving (picture of Klopp on screen).
Manchester Utd play Newport in their last chance of a trophy this season (presser of Ten Haag repeating that it is their last chance of a trophy this season).
Nothing more.
I’ve literally just bored the wife with the same point. I was a little less polite, mind.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nothing more.
I know, they did this in MOTD last night…..no mention of the eagerly awaited BCD. Crazy. All about Liverpool and Klops first game since announcing retirement

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing more.
I wonder what the pre match build up on itv will be like.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Nothing more.
Even when they did the draw, they talked about how amazing it was to see Tottenham and Man City play each other. And what a great chance Wrexham have against Blackburn. Completely oblivious to the Black Country Derby!

Back
Top Bottom