Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford / Deeney on abuse after FA Cup semi final.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Tbf though him calling Jimenez a loser and mocking the mask celebration doesn’t exactly justify racial abuse...

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not read it but does he mention what his family did after the game?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did his family do after the game?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We Campaign: Deeney On Hate Crime in Football

I'm a bit ****ed off at this piece by Watford, with quotes from Deeney, which suggests racist abuse from Wolves fans without actually going so far as to prove it or even directly claim it.

This after his insensitive comments about Raul after the match show what a complete **** he is.

Just so we don't forget:

Student-attack footballer jailed

Hes saying nothing wrong.

He mentioned a “barrage of online abuse” after the semi final. It happened, I saw a lot of it.

I really think we need to get over Troy Deeney.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I remember I think there were reports of racist comments from some Mexicans on social media after Deeney's comments about Jimenez wearing his mask. How accurate those reports were I honestly can't say.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. His mission of painting himself as an angel and victim when he's shown time and again what a ***** he is just doesn't sit right with me.
He’s never claimed to be an angel, far from it.
He was asked about online abuse and he answered the question.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I remember I think there were reports of racist comments from some Mexicans on social media after Deeney's comments about Jimenez wearing his mask. How accurate those reports were I honestly can't say.

Yep, that happened

That's the problem with being outspoken, sometimes people will then say things you don't like.

I'm not condoning it but saying something which could be considered offensive about a culture will likely have repercussions from said culture who may view racism differently

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s never claimed to be an angel, far from it.
He was asked about online abuse and he answered the question.

Well yes, I think it's a crap thing for Watford FC to put out. We clearly disagree about Deeney, let's leave it there.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Sloth looking **** will be back in the Champ where he belongs next season.

No need to worry about him any more.

D

Deleted member 3518

I agree. His mission of painting himself as an angel and victim when he's shown time and again what a ***** he is just doesn't sit right with me.
Too right!

M

Mr Wolf

Never had no problem with Deeneys comments about Raúl at all. He said he can wear the mask outside now he’s a loser (lost). Can’t see why everyone was in uproar personally.

In fact some of you need to man up & strap on a pair.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deeney is probably still ****ed off that his house burned down.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He mentioned a “barrage of online abuse” after the semi final. It happened, I saw a lot of it.

Will do, when Troy Deeney does

D

Deleted as requested by user

A lot of it (all that I saw) wasn't even from what I'd call Wolves supporters it was Mexican Jimenez fans (who may mask as Wolves fans while he's here and the club milk them selling green shirts)

D

No surprise Deeney doesn't like Wolves.

Know someone who was in jail with him he's got a Blues/Zulu tattoo.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He insulted Mexican culture.
Mexican fans gave him racial abuse on twitter (some of whom support Wolves)

He should really have clarified that it was Mexico giving him abuse not Wolverhampton but that didn't fit the narrative did it...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people showing their true colours in here. Fact is Deeney called Raul a 'loser' which prompted hundreds, possibly thousands, of posts of racial abuse aimed towards him on social media. Seemed like they mainly came from Mexicans. but it is still totally unnecessary and appalling. Give him stick yes, but racial abuse? He's allowed to talk about it.

Secondly, his family claiming they got racially abused and threatened by Wolves fans for no reason - when really what happened is that they chucked hot drinks down onto them and started goading them (which led to abuse - not racial)... Not surprised he didn't mention that part. Deeney withdrew his complaint on the latter after hearing the facts.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooh a simmering cauldron of hate. What a massive, massive deal all of this is. Ooh. People are offended, I'm offended, some Mexican people may or may not be offended, we don't know.

First 9/11 and now this, Maskgate.

Horrible stuff. I haven't been this offended since I had a Chinese takeaway the other day and realised my tummy was culturally appropriating another culture's cuisine. So I put it in the bin anyway and the next day there's a knock on the door. The binman was part- Chinese wasn't he and said that I was doing a calculated slight against China. Next thing I know I'm trending on Twitter and in court for racial hatred next Wednesday. I'm just staying in the house from now on because there's too much offense.

Except I can't because agoraphobia- afflicted people think I'm appropriating their culture so I'm just going to live on a park bench from now on and cry about things and post about how upset I am on molineux mix.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moral of the story - Don’t upset football fans / keyboard warriors as they will throw everything back at you including the kitchen sink!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooh a simmering cauldron of hate. What a massive, massive deal all of this is. Ooh. People are offended, I'm offended, some Mexican people may or may not be offended, we don't know.

First 9/11 and now this, Maskgate.

Horrible stuff. I haven't been this offended since I had a Chinese takeaway the other day and realised my tummy was culturally appropriating another culture's cuisine. So I put it in the bin anyway and the next day there's a knock on the door. The binman was part- Chinese wasn't he and said that I was doing a calculated slight against China. Next thing I know I'm trending on Twitter and in court for racial hatred next Wednesday. I'm just staying in the house from now on because there's too much offense.

Except I can't because agoraphobia- afflicted people think I'm appropriating their culture so I'm just going to live on a park bench from now on and cry about things and post about how upset I am on molineux mix.

Tramphater

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf though him calling Jimenez a loser and mocking the mask celebration doesn’t exactly justify racial abuse...
Although that comment in itself was the most text book example of racism you will ever find.

Mocking a symbol of that race and pronouncing a member of that race a loser, staggering he didn’t get done for racism, whilst they charge the likes of Silva.

D

Although that comment in itself was the most text book example of racism you will ever find.

Mocking a symbol of that race and pronouncing a member of that race a loser, staggering he didn’t get done for racism, whilst they charge the likes of Silva.
Really!

I think some are over exaggerating what the mask means to Mexican's.

Its a bit of a silly stereotypical symbol that's all. Its the equilivent of an English player celebrating by eating a roast dinner in Mexico and a Mexican player saying it was silly.....would said Mexican be racist? Would he ****.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really? I'd have gone for the evils of African slavery from the 16th century, the vile Nazi genocide, Rosa Parks on a bus seat or the horror of the Nanjing massacre but I guess all this palls into insignificance now Troy has committed his mask-related atrocity. Shame no capital punishment I suppose.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute *******s. What a load of drivel.
Really!

I think some are over exaggerating what the mask means to Mexican's.

Its a bit of a silly stereotypical symbol that's all. Its the equilivent of an English player celebrating by eating a roast dinner in Mexico and a Mexican player saying it was silly.....would said Mexican be racist? Would he ****.

Really? I'd have gone for the evils of African slavery from the 16th century, the vile Nazi genocide, Rosa Parks on a bus seat or the horror of the Nanjing massacre but I guess all this palls into insignificance now Troy has committed his mask-related atrocity. Shame no capital punishment I suppose.

I’m just comparing it to other things, such as the Bernardo Silva tweet, that get jumped all over, should really be some consistency that’s all.

Anyway here’s Sin Cara talking about its cultural significance, might be why a few Mexicans got pretty angry over the comment from Deeney:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/got-angry-said-silly-comment-16103566
'A silly comment' That Troy Deeney-Raul Jimenez row rumbles on

D

I’m just comparing it to other things, such as the Bernardo Silva tweet, that get jumped all over, should really be some consistency that’s all.

Anyway here’s Sin Cara talking about its cultural significance, might be why a few Mexicans got pretty angry over the comment from Deeney:
'A silly comment' That Troy Deeney-Raul Jimenez row rumbles on
Sin Cara would exaggerate its significance wouldn't he though! Not even Mexican himself.

Agree re consistency to an extent though, but the stuff aimed at Deeney was racist. His comments about a mask were not.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw Troy Deeney on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago. In the pre match build up he was positive and complimentary about Wolves, and especially about Conor Coady. Described us as a ‘proper’ club.
Even an idiot is right occasionally....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure really that the mask is a symbol of the race, more the lucador thing I think. I find it strange that folks get all excited about bits of material really, what with masks, the American flag and all the status they give that, Muslim head attire....it's all a bit strange imo

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're getting relegated and will be irrelevant as the Pozzos get bored. I don't care for small time clubs who own the dubious distinction as having lost the most one-sided final ever. That is their club legacy. :)

Back
Top Bottom