Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Warm weather training camp

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow cape Verde and Gambia should be world beaters then ???
Claptrap
That's not how it works, buddy.

Warm weather training is to enable better recovery both physically and mentally, to get the players back in the mindframe ready for the rest of the season, are we simply ignoring this is what Nuno often did when the team hit and slump and we generally came back all systems firing?

It's a break, reinforces the team spirit, and is a net positive.

England in the winter is a miserable place.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1704883018814.png

Count your playes,

doyle doherty, bueno, bueno, bellegarde, semedo, gomes, chirewa, cunha, gomes, mosquera, kilman. Players i couldnt see at all really is dawson.

Jonny obviously not there.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no lemina obviously but with a premier league 2 game on friday, i expect the u21s might be flying back tomorrow, and we are likely to come back by the weekend ready for next tuesday

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no lemina obviously but with a premier league 2 game on friday, i expect the u21s might be flying back tomorrow, and we are likely to come back by the weekend ready for next tuesday

I'd hazard a guess that none of those players will play for the u21's on Friday. Will be a mix of returning loanees and the rest of the squad that arent there and maybe a few u18's.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess that none of those players will play for the u21's on Friday. Will be a mix of returning loanees and the rest of the squad that arent there and maybe a few u18's.

Yep, plenty of players left at home who can play

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are completing missing the point. "Application" is an attitude of mind, and the key ingredient whether you pursue your goal of fitness with a modern sports science programme or an old fashioned one. And it makes no difference what the location is. You don't need to go to Abu Dhabi.
to get fit or to get anything. You can get just as fit, athletic, resilient, injury resistant (fill in your adjective here) without schlepping all the way to that dump. It sounds exotic, in fact it's a traffic-plagued high-rise hole.
In fact it's a traffic plagued high rise hole with nearly 11 hours sunshine per day this time of year, compared with Wolverhampton which offers less than 4.

Sunshine is good. Winter in Wolverhampton is not helpful for an athlete.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Great to see and hear. But perhaps a tad disappointing to hear reports from Tori that the thing that has impressed him most about GON is ... no, not tactics, not training methods, not man management, not personality ... that he has given them lots of time off.... Just hope they are not 'relaxing' in the time-honoured 'English' way of gambling and boozing and loose women.... Let's hope the 'Portuguese' influence of Neves, Moutinho etc has rubbed off and they are quietly sight-seeing with their families, drinking soft drinks and being in bed by sundown....

mroli74

Reaction score
Great to see and hear. But perhaps a tad disappointing to hear reports from Tori that the thing that has impressed him most about GON is ... no, not tactics, not training methods, not man management, not personality ... that he has given them lots of time off.... Just hope they are not 'relaxing' in the time-honoured 'English' way of gambling and boozing and loose women.... Let's hope the 'Portuguese' influence of Neves, Moutinho etc has rubbed off and they are quietly sight-seeing with their families, drinking soft drinks and being in bed by sundown....
One of the benefits of the more restrictive middle east regimes - less of a culture of going out and getting smashed publicly (not totally unknown tho).

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it’s a valid concern but…do they not look super-fit in games? That’s all that matters for me. Well, that and they’re smiling, and putting in maximum effort. They look coached, there are plans. More of them work well than don’t, particularly as of late.
However that’s achieved is fine by me.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It is a break. They are training you can see that, it’s not like pre season when they are working on the fitness. They are training working hard in the morning and downtime in the afternoon, both are required they are already fit.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those that moaned about the benefits of the trip. Purely from a mental perspective I doubt they’d be as happy and relaxed back at Compton in freezing conditions as they do on this short break. We’ve got a fantastic team spirit and things like this just cement that

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those that moaned about the benefits of the trip. Purely from a mental perspective I doubt they’d be as happy and relaxed back at Compton in freezing conditions as they do on this short break. We’ve got a fantastic team spirit and things like this just cement that
Playing tennis aye no warm up for the Albion...

I wanna see blood and sweat.....

I was hoping for similar training footage from Rocky in Russia...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shoulndn’t they ne cross vountry running on Cannock Chase?
They'll definitely be thinking that when the Houthis start sending their drones over. The UK is about to start military action against them and the UAE and the UK are besties.

Edit: UK and US forces now attacking targets in Yemen.

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those that moaned about the benefits of the trip. Purely from a mental perspective I doubt they’d be as happy and relaxed back at Compton in freezing conditions as they do on this short break.
The poor dears, it's such a hard life being a PL fiballer.

Back
Top Bottom