Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall vs Wolves Rivalry

J

Jungleee

Martin Jol (Fulham Manager) made some comments yesterday:

I love the English people. Maybe that is wrong because at the end at Spurs there were a few people who were not nice to me. I always loved it here, and not only in London. I was even in Walsall and loved it, and that is maybe not the best of places.

Is it just me that finds this funny? Thought I'd stoke the rivalry a bit :D

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like stoking the rivalry between a lion and a mouse!

E

Evo wolf 2.0

"not the best of places"... Its not that bad for a bus stop :rolleyes:

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm indifferent towards Walsall but apparently they really hate us...

Bromsgrove_Wolf

Reaction score
They are a team that I hope to do well in all honesty and also look out for their results. I used to watch them on and off a few years ago when Wolves were away over the festive period and they were at home (I was about 10-14 so too young to travel by myself with Wolves). I wore my Wolves shirt to the Bescott against Sheffield United once and got some proper funny looks from both sets of fans..

D

Danwolf

There is no rivalry - Walsall hate Wolves but Wolves couldnt give a $$$$ about Walsall. Amusing comment by Jol though!

M

Mr Wolf

I see Walsall a bit like Telford in a way that we most of us probably look out for their results and want them to win.

A

Apocalypse Now

I care nothing for Walsall and am not the least interested in their plight. They dont hate us it is just very extreme envy. Think the towns a $$$$ hole also.

P

PeteWolf

Only team that booed during Billy Wright's national minute of silence. Even the Albion were respectful for that.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was loads of fighting after the preseason friendly just gone, or the one before. What's that all about? Pitched battles round the Park Inn next door.

M

Mugwump

I really, really, really hate Walsall with a passion. More than any other football club on the planet. Idiot fans in a crap town. If i won big on the lottery i would buy them and close them down. Wish they would just go out of buisness.

P

PabloWolfo

Without looking it up, I couldn't tell say with 100% certainty which division they're in.

S

Space Wolf

I like to see them do well. If they don't then I don't lose any sleep over it. They should be our feeder club in all honesty.

R

RedFlagWolf

Only team that booed during Billy Wright's national minute of silence. Even the Albion were respectful for that.

....apart from the sick chanting and goading of Billy Wright's death for many many years after by a significant minorityof there fans...disgraceful!

P

PeteWolf

Song for pre-season...

You don't like us,
You don't like us,
You don't like us,
We don't care.

You are Walsall,
You are tiny,
We don't hate you,
We don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

50pencehead

Walsall FC, the club that pulls in more revenue from billboard advertising on the M6 and car boot sales than match revenue

W

we8wba

Small tinpot club with no ambition or relevance tbh

I've watched them 3-4 times last season when wolves wernt playing! They try play nice football but it's just a matter of when not if they relegated to bottom tier in the league

Easy to see why they hate us other midlands clubs, pure jealousy

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't watch them if it was free to get in and I lived across the road!

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at a wedding last year and bumped into a Walsall bore who loudly bragged that when the Wolves result (defeat) was announced at Bescot 'stadium' it got the biggest cheer of the day. I replied i don't think they even read your scores out at Molineux and even if they did no one would be interested in the slightest.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall are $$$$ing tinpot.

Let's just ignore them. who cares if they hate us?? We shoul be past caring about a bottom half League 1 team.

Good luck next season Saddlers! (in getting relegated) :D

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
walsall fans hate us because they're jealous of what we have won and what we've got and our fan base , the only cups ever to be displayed at fellows park/bescot are tea cups FACT

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I love Walsall & have many fond memories of Fellows Park in the early 60s & later. Some great exploits v Newcastle, Man City & Albion.(& later v Liverpool) Climbing from the 4th to the 2nd Division. Some very good players (eg Allan Clarke, George Kirby, Tony Richards, Colin Taylor, Mark Rees). David Kelly's hat-trick in the late 80s play-off final.

All part of my Black Country heritage.

Arrogance is not an attractive or endearing trait, neither when displayed by Wolves' fans nor by fat ex-Baggie dyke fingerers.

Last edited by a moderator:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without looking it up, I couldn't tell say with 100% certainty which division they're in.
Division 1!!!!!!!! It's off topic but an interesting discussion point - looking at the fixtures last week I had no idea that League 2 housed Aldershot, Burton, Cheltenham (just down the road?!),Dagenham and Macclesfield. Amazing also when a side like Luton are below these teams. League 1 will be interesting with such big sides as both Sheffields, Charlton and Preston. But there again do we care - we are Premier League!!!!

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the Wolves v Liverpool game was called off I went to the Walsall v West Ham game. I wasn't showing any colours but I got called a wolves Steve Hunt so many times I lost count and left before half time.

Smallsal is a horrible hole!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the Wolves v Liverpool game was called off I went to the Walsall v West Ham game. I wasn't showing any colours but I got called a wolves Steve Hunt so many times I lost count and left before half time.

Smallsal is a horrible hole!

How did they know?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was loads of fighting after the preseason friendly just gone, or the one before. What's that all about? Pitched battles round the Park Inn next door.

I took my youngest son to that friendly and to be totally honest it was one of themost uncomfortable games I have been to and my son was actually quite frightened.

This wasn't because of the Walsall support, which has an average age of 55, but because of the 16-18yr old Wolves $$$$ers in our end ripping up seats and generally being utter scum.

For the record they really dislike us. I remember afew years back when the Walsall Advertiser began to report on Wolves games until they were inundated with complaints from Walsall fans and they reverted back to only reporting on Walsall.

R

reanswolf

North and west Walsall has a load of Wolves fans, yes they have always hated us and used to love it when we went through our Bhatti demise.

They are now situated in Benny-territory really, they starting to dislike them quite a lot too.

When I went shopping in the Saddlers centre last summer was amazed at the amount of kids in Wolves tops compared to anyone else, maybe they feel the same about us as i feel when i see kids in manure tops in our town.

I now feel ambivalent about them (is that the word?)

Back
Top Bottom