Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wallace

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
People were underwhelmed when Bennett joined but that worked out just fine...and let's not forget he is a first team player for lazio not some team from the back end of nowhere so why people are underwhelmed is beyond me especially on loan if it doesn't work then don't sign him it's a no loose situation

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems an odd signing given the recent “quality” statements from Nuno and the club. Seems like most Lazio fans on Twitter agree that he’s the worst defender at the club!

H

Honved

Fair enough if you to see it that way.

My view is that at the level we are at with consideration of the immediate situation and ambition with the plan regards progression, I can't see where he would care to fit in a 'possibility' in the hope to come good, real good.......much more likely to want to try and help mould the U23 players.

Unlike the Chump we can't afford to splash precious cash on possible 'high risk' causes....we need to be more certain with regards delivery.

Raul Jimenez was a 'possibility', and barely played for the club he was at before us. That's my point. These types of players have been one of the cornerstones of our success under Fosun and Nuno.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Raul Jimenez was a 'possibility', and barely played for the club he was at before us. That's my point. These types of players have been one of the cornerstones of our success under Fosun and Nuno.

Jimenez was known to Nuno I believe from his time in Portugal.....he worked out and we paid up.

We have moved on to a level where I believe we need to be more certain with what we are doing....it's always about onwards and upwards from your current position.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Wiki Gestitute bought this guy from Brazil ,got him registered by Braga who he never played for and then loaned him to Monaco and sold him to Lazio.

Squad player for Europa and our cups ?-is he better than Hause.We shall see.

H

Honved

Jimenez was known to Nuno I believe from his time in Portugal.....he worked out and we paid up.

We have moved on to a level where I believe we need to be more certain with what we are doing....it's always about onwards and upwards from your current position.

And there's nothing saying that's not the case. The club's strategy in the last two years has seen them climb from flirting with relegation in the championship to finishing 7th in the premier league, and this specific approach to transfers has landed us some of our most important players. We need to be realistic here. The team that finished one place above us in the league last year? Manchester United. Once good year in the premier league doesn't suddenly turn us into a team who can compete pound for pound with United on transfers.

Last summer we signed known quantities like Rui Patricio and Joao Moutinho, and project players like Jimenez. This summer we have already spent over 40 million. Wallace hasn't even signed yet, but if and when he does, it's not confirmation that we're not signing any other kind of player. As I said initially, hopefully he's just part of the larger summer plan, one of four or five.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
And there's nothing saying that's not the case. The club's strategy in the last two years has seen them climb from flirting with relegation in the championship to finishing 7th in the premier league, and this specific approach to transfers has landed us some of our most important players. We need to be realistic here. The team that finished one place above us in the league last year? Manchester United. Once good year in the premier league doesn't suddenly turn us into a team who can compete pound for pound with United on transfers.

Last summer we signed known quantities like Rui Patricio and Joao Moutinho, and protect players like Jimenez. This summer have already spent over 40 million. Wallace hasn't even signed yet, but if and when he does, it's not confirmation that we're not signing any other kind of player. As I said initially, hopefully he's just part of the larger summer plan, one of four or five.

#smallqualitysquad

H

Honved

Yes....read back on it all.

Okay.

The only problem with all that is that today Nuno is on record stating he wants quality and not quantity whilst maintaining a small squad.

Can't see how he would fit this scenario easily.

None of that contradicts what I said. I'm not saying he isn't quality and I haven't said we're signing loads of players. I'm saying the opposite, that if we sign him, it means Nuno see's there is quality there to be improved through coaching. But that I hope he's one of four or five players, not a key signing as part of two or three. With a squad as small as ours, signing four or five would still fit into a 'quality over quantity' approach.

H

Honved

Do you even know what quality is?....relative to the PL and our current position, that is.

Again, if you're looking to make a point, make it.

Do I know what quality is, relative to the PL and our current position? Let's see, how we going to test it? We're both talking about a player that Niether of us will have seen all that much of, but by all means, let's go on some tangent about who knows what about 'quality.' If your point is that Nuno has said he wants a small squad, I've already said, we could sign 4/5 players and still have a small squad. We had a small squad last year and two of those players have departed. If you're saying Wallace isn't quality then, again, I have addressed this by saying if Nuno is happy to sign him, then he sees quality in him, and Nuno's track record so far has been pretty good. I mean...unless you don't trust him. And as for quality relative to where we are in the premier league, yep, addressed that one too upthread.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Again, if you're looking to make a point, make it.

Do I know what quality is, relative to the PL and our current position? Let's see, how we going to test it? We're both talking about a player that Niether of us will have seen all that much of, but by all means, let's go on some tangent about who knows what about 'quality.' If your point is that Nuno has said he wants a small squad, I've already said, we could sign 4/5 players and still have a small squad. We had a small squad last year and two of those players have departed. If you're saying Wallace isn't quality then, again, I have addressed this by saying if Nuno is happy to sign him, then he sees quality in him, and Nuno's track record so far has been pretty good. I mean...unless you don't trust him. And as for quality relative to where we are in the premier league, yep, addressed that one too upthread.

Stop!!!!

FFS you are doing my head in over a player that Lazio are wanting to get rid of for relative '**** all' to the PL!!.....we really don't need this '****'!!

H

Honved

I WANT PLAYERS
IN NUNO WE TRUST
HAVE FAITH IN FOSUN

*players linked*

NOT GOOD ENOUGH
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING
SHOULD HAVE KEPT HAUSE

Wolves fans.

Comical, isn't it? First signing apparently means the whole transfer policy is a let down. I wonder how some people ever learned the alphabet. "Okay, let's start...A"
"WHAT? JUST ONE LETTER? THIS ALPHABET IS TERRIBLE."
"No, there's way more, but you have to get deeper into it to see that. So, let's start again....A"
"THIS ALPHABET LACKS AMBITION."
"Okay...AB....."
"WHAT?? ONLY TWO LETTERS? FFS, HE'S GORRA GOO, FRANKSY."

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have been linked with him in every transfer window since Fosun took over

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With our system and obsession of it be perfect. He could be a good addition, sometimes it just clicks for certain players. Nuno thrives on his defence so he must think something of him, if its true obvs.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember Bennett was not good enough
Moutinho was on a gravy train
Boly hates it here and wants out
Batth was gonna play for England
The world would end when Afobe left

Just some past *******s I’ve read on here

Too many think they are experts, let Nuno do his job eh??

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's ideal.
Played at a decent level, used to playing in a back 3. europa league experience.
When you look at apparantly Dunk being worth 40m. And other quite ridiclous fees Wallace would be good value for money.
He improves the squad 100%

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rodney or Danny?

Surely there getting on a bit tho?

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many threads have we had like this in the past 3 years. All agents talk and until wolves announce the deal I struggle to look in to anything
That mendes has a lot to answer for..........................

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it Bolton when he completely messed up in the dying minutes and gifted them a goal?

I felt physically sick.
If I had a gun, I would have shot him ! it was pathetic, a square pass to Daniel Sturridge !

M

merseawolf

Get on message mate, you need to vent endlessly every day about how weak our squad is and then criticise every potential signing rumoured.:confused:
I do try hard not to get involved! No-one has any idea what’s going on great innit!?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have some of your not yet worked out that we can’t just drop £65m on a star player without breaking rules?

We’ve only been in the PL one year, and whatever way you look at it we’ve dropped £40m+ this summer on turning the Jimenez and Dendoncker deals permanent in this window. For the foreseeable we’ll be signing loans with view to permanent transfer so that we can keep kicking the financial can further down the road.

I can’t claim to know much about Wallace but he seems to fit the mould of the type of player we’ll be looking to sign over the next season or two. Perhaps not worked out elsewhere, but some experience at a high enough level to have potential here.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hold your horses.

Someone did a ****-take of his defensive capabilities last year as he must have been connected to us then too.

Shocking stuff! :eek:
That is the first time EVER the music matches what the player looks like... Shocking, dramatic, scary... I'd rather play a U15 player than him.
He IS stealing a living playing (If i can use that word) Football.
In the words of Crimewatch - Do not watch late at night!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom