Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wales v Azerbaijan

Reaction score
I think Edwards has been a bit of an unsung star so far this season. He's scored 2 and had one ruled out last week for hand-ball, in any usual start to a year people would be championing him to be in the starting line up.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What time does it kick off.... as long as it's not on when England are on i'll watch

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Edwards playing very well.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$ I have been watching Scotland lose to Macedonia

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT 0-0. Edwards has had an excellent half. All over the pitch. he really does look to be on form and playing almost as a striker. Earnshaw has been poor and would hope Vokes gets on in the 2nd half. Hennsessey has made one top save but nothing to do. This young Wales side look really good, adventurous and have great potential.

Reaction score
I honestly believe Edwards could be a big player for us this year. Hennessy is obviously 1st team, and Vokes is in and around the first 16, but Edwards is just on that brink of moving from the bench to starting. Jones is doing well at the mo, but it can only be good to have Edwards having goal scoring cameos and pushing him for that attacking midfield place. As Davies still isn't fit, we could well have to call on Edwards to maintain our attacking style later in the season.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like one of those days when Wales could play all day and not score. We're looking a bit toothless upfront. Edwards seems to be 'putting a shift in' but apart from Koumas and Bale there is a lack of class. Earnshaw very disappointing and Ledley not really been in it either. As one of the commos said, Wales need another 20% at least.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aber down to ten men. Can't see it making any difference until Toshack puts a rocket up the **** of the Welsh team. Twenty minutes to go and Wales are still playing like they've got all day.

E

Elephant Pyjamas

Vokes has just had two good headed efforts saved.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vokes scores!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fantastic. Listening on R5 he's getting a lot of praise.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-0 Wales! Crappy 2nd half. Great to see 3 Wolves boys in the team and Vokes gets the winner. Not as great as last week but still pretty good - and I'm English! Would think Vokes and Edwards will start against Russia on Wednesday.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vokes looks as if he'll be a great player for us. If he produces similar cameos week in week out for Wolves we'll be laughing.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor showing from Wales. Relieved we got away with it today but can't see us getting anything from Germany or Russia... or even Finland on today's showing. Still, it could be worse, I could be Scottish! ;)

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was also very impressed by Edwards today, he always wanted the ball and was everywhere. It's great that we've got such strength in depth now.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to have a reserve player in Wales National Team, and did all the difference when he came in. This continues to show that Wolves have really spent wisely this summer.

A

Atlas 1951

How long before that $$$$er Toshack starts moaning that Vokes doesn't get a regular first-team place at his club, then?

C

Cardiff Wolf

Just got in from the game, I had a long stay in the pub and a takeaway curry so here is my verdict on the Wolves players today.

Heno 9/10 Did everything right, made one good save but didn't do much else apart from really looking the part as usual, my Wales supporting mates are very impressed with him.

Edwards 7/10 Started very well but as we attacked he had to push forward as a 2nd striker and when your 1st striker is having a total mare that Earnshaw was it became harder for him to impress.
Earnshaw got yanked off around the hour mark for Ched Evans and thinks still weren't clicking until,

Vokes 9/10 came on for Edwards and things changed, we had a target to aim at, someone to win balls in the air, Vokes was always looking to attack the ball at the far post and had one saved when slightly offside. Then another which went for a corner from which he headed down and forced home from 3 yards in the scramble that followed.
He was absolutely delighted with his goal and continued to make a real telling contribution up to the end. Loads of people were asking about him in the pub after and were all well impressed.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Vokes 9/10 came on for Edwards and things changed, we had a target to aim at, someone to win balls in the air, Vokes was always looking to attack the ball at the far post and had one saved when slightly offside. Then another which went for a corner from which he headed down and forced home from 3 yards in the scramble that followed.
He was absolutely delighted with his goal and continued to make a real telling contribution up to the end. Loads of people were asking about him in the pub after and were all well impressed.
Fantastic news.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vokes looked a lot more direct and effective than Ched Evans, who they brought on before him.

C

Cardiff Wolf

Vokes looked a lot more direct and effective than Ched Evans, who they brought on before him.

Yes definitely, I was hoping they'd be brought on together as they have a good understanding from the U21s but it took Toshack another 10 mins before going with 2 up front, still all worked out in the end.

Y

yatess

13 mins Vs Plymouth..... Goal
17 mins Vs Azerbaijan.....Goal!

2 goals in half an hour - not a bad strike rate for the "Boy" :)confused:) Vokes!!!
:):cool:

E

EasternWolf

I thought Sam looked good for an 18 year old in a full international. Its ok to knock the lesser teams but there are no easy teams anymore.

I saw Dave Edwards in this game and when he captained the under 21s the other evening when he was playing as a holding midfielder most of the time. He looks like the real deal: composed, great movement, doesn't stop working. As a Wolves supporter you just have to be proud of them - and Wayne of course.

Back
Top Bottom