vio stormed off last night at 6.30...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dr cool

drove quite fast up the waterloo road..heading home methinks....

dr
smiley16.gif

not surprised. he should have played. Without Miller we needed a
player who could cover some ground and battle, was surprised he wasnt
on the bench.

I have ahorrible feeling Vio isn't in Hoddle's plans.

He'll be gone in Jan by the looks of things.

It's a real shame if thats the case, just what we needed last night.

dr cool said:

dr
smiley16.gif

DR, you told me he was going to fill up with petrol while everyone was at the match!!
smiley1.gif

If I was him and saw Clarke picked ahead of me I'd smack Hoddle one at least.

Jack Bauer said:

Listened on WM last night - Vio is apparently not "match fit" yet according to WM

Clarke has played well in the reserves this season and vio has had stinkers. Maybe that's why vio hasn't been picked.

I also get the feeling he isn't in Hoddle's plans , a real shame if he isn't.

I really hope we see him playing for Wolves again. I think part of the
reason that everyone seems to love him, is the fact that he stayed on
board and showed a bit of loyalty after we were relegated. Unlike
another member of the team who wanted to jump ship.
smiley24.gif

Hoddle told me personally that Viois in his plans but needed a couple more weeks to get match fit. This was three weeks ago. I am beginning to have my doubts. He is playing for the reserves tonight.

This guy was the captain of Romania in the last international before his injury, and he is now behind Clarke in the pecking order. This is not good.

I could understand it if he was trying to get in the team with Cort and Kenny playing, but with Braveheart (hehe) injured ......Edited by: EasternWolf

I was still under the impression that he wasnt 100% which is why he wasnt on bench yesterday and if thats the case then i dont see much wrong with him going if he knew he wasnt fit.

If however you lot are all right in that he isnt wanted anymore than i would be very concerned about what is going on because I think he can be a very good player for us and why he isnt in Hoddles plans is a mystery.

See Snowy's comments on the reserves thread.

It didn't appear from those that the guy is near to being first team match fit.

Jack Bauer said:

Exactly, Romanian International being beaten to a starting place by a pub footballer!

What does Glen see in the donkey clarke!

I hope Ganea finally gets the chance to live upto the high expectations expressed about him on this board. I think his popularity is primarily his willingness to re-sign for the club at the time of the rat walkout. I don't think he has done enough in a Wolves shirt to be rated so highly, just hope I'm wrong.

With regard to Clarke, he is definitely not the answer. All the pre-season talk of 6 top class strikers seems somewhat wide of the mark, at the moment at least. Perhaps, as stated on other threads, the answer lies in a change of formation.

it has to be a change of formation for Vio to play which i can't see happening. If Vio starts 5 games ahead of Cort/Miller/Seol/Clarke/ndah( not including if they are injured)before xmas i'll be very suprised Edited by: Ashley

if he was rushed back to first team football and broke down injured hoddle would be slated yet again, the guy needs to be 100% after an injury like that

dr cool said:

dr
smiley16.gif

very clever of him - wish i'd have done the same!!!!
smiley7.gif

holloholloway said:
Clarke has played well in the reserves this season and vio has had stinkers. Maybe that's why vio hasn't been picked.

You're far too sensible for this forum. Why can't you make your point based on dodgyrumours and hearsay?

Cannot understand Hoddles actions with Vio. Why isn't he getting into the side, let alone on the bench? He is ten times the striker Clarke is and would be a hell of a lot more prolific than Ndah in front of goal imo.

Hopefully he will play against Watford next week to see what he is like against Championship oppisition.

Ashley said:
it has to be a change of formation for Vio to play which i can't see happening. If Vio starts 5 games ahead of Cort/Miller/Seol/Clarke/ndah( not including if they are injured)before xmas i'll be very suprised

Has it b**locks, if Clarke can play out of position in our formation, then I'm sure Ganea can manage it.

It's funny how people can make informed opinions about Ganea when he's
spent most of his Wolves career either injured or on the bench.

Ganea is an international striker for that great footballing nation
Romania - who currently lie behind the likes of Japan, Saudi Arabia and
Tunisia in the latest rankings. He's been out injured for a full season
with a serious injury with hardly any competitive football in over 12
months.

Leon Clarke is yet another product of a successful youth system at
Wolves in only his second season in the senior ranks who has already
made important goalscoring contributions.

Yet another example of making informed opinion without the necessary information.

I'd still have him ahead of Clarke and I bet 99% of Wolves fans would as well.

Why is everyone slating Clarke? He is a young player, with a very raw untapped ability, we need to give him time, and him getting games ahead of a 32 year old, who is currently on his way back from a long injury and is unfit, certainly doesn't bother me!

I know he's been poor recentlybut he's being asked to play on the left or right wing, which is not the best for a player who is still learning his trade and gaining experience.

I still think that if Clartke played a whole season in this league, in a striker's position in a 4-4-2, he would get around 20 goals!

Jack Bauer said:
I'd still have him ahead of Clarke and I bet 99% of Wolves fans would as well.

You've just made that figure up. Pulled it out of thin air.

Last night's gate was circa 20000, your bet states that 19800 would
prefer Ganea to Clarke. I'd take that bet any day of the week, any
amount of money.

I'm afraid Clarke will join a long list of strikers who have come up through the youth team and have been hailed as the new Bully only to fade into obscurity
Just ask the Kidderminster fans what they think of him they couldn't believe he would ever make our first team
I really hope Leon proves me wrong but for now the truth is he simply is not good enough to be in the starting lineup
He should be loaned out again to learn his craft in the lower divisions
I can just about tolerate him being on the bench and playing in cup matches but we cannot afford the luxury of allowing him an extended run as a first team starter
Both Ganea and Ndah have to be higher up the pecking order

20 goals? You're joking! I'd love him to do well, but you can tell he hasn't got it, the guy is clueless, even Adam Proudlock had a bit about him.

Jack Bauer said:
20 goals? You're joking! I'd love him to do well, but you can tell he hasn't got it, the guy is clueless, even Adam Proudlock had a bit about him.

If anyone is clueless, I'm afraid it's got to be you, mate!

Why? Because I've recognised Clarke for what he is? A player who will never ever make it at this level. Proudlock looked competent at his age in our team, Clarke looks hopelessly lost. Fair play to the bloke, I won't boo him because he tries his heart out, but he just hasn't got the skill. If only we could transplant the effort he shows into ****** Seol.

Jack Bauer said:
Why? Because I've recognised Clarke for what he is? A player who will never ever make it at this level. Proudlock looked competent at his age in our team, Clarke looks hopelessly lost. Fair play to the bloke, I won't boo him because he tries his heart out, but he just hasn't got the skill. If only we could transplant the effort he shows into ****** Seol.

Ok, I disagree with almost everything you say, but you are entitled to your opinion!

Just recognise, he's playing out on the right wing, whilst still having to learn and improve his game, and struggle to perform at this level due to lack of experience!

And as for Seol, do you really think that the bloke isn't trying?

I know he'sout of position, but there are certain things he should be able to do which he isn't, like errr shoot!

I think Seol could try a lot harder yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom