Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vinny Clarke OUT

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have incompetents in positions of power. The same goes for Sellers.

Jeff needs to bin these 2 losers and get some proper people in who know what they are doing. Get bloody Dalrymple back if necessary.

If you see this Jeff, do something. The fans like you, the fans have returned because of what you and Fosun have done; do not let some **** wit (Vinny) spoil it all and make Molineux a toxic place. Treat the fans well and they will always treat you well.
On what basis do you call Scott Sellars incompetent. Surely you have some strong evidence of his incompetency?

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On what basis do you call Scott Sellars incompetent. Surely you have some strong evidence of his incompetency?
The fact he was our failed youth team coach would be a good starting point. Did you ever see our U23’s whilst he was in charge? If not, take a look back circa 2018 and then ask yourself if the bloke in charge of that shambles should now be in charge of all football matters.

If you choose to ignore that, do you see any good players coming through our academy as proof of his lasting legacy?

If you want to ignore his previous jobs all together, how about our recruitment at first team level since he was promoted? William Jose. Was he a success?

Considering we already have an absolutely **** central defence and a massive lack of pace in midfield, would you trust him to sort that out? He’s a glorified youth coach that should be working at some ****ty Championship club like Barnsely, not as director of football at Wolves.

As for fat Vinny, I’ll let others explain why he is clearly incompetent. It won’t take much explaining, he’s completely out of touch with reality.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact he was our failed youth team coach would be a good starting point. Did you ever see our U23’s whilst he was in charge? If not, take a look back circa 2018 and then ask yourself if the bloke in charge of that shambles should now be in charge of all football matters.

If you choose to ignore that, do you see any good players coming through our academy as proof of his lasting legacy?

If you want to ignore his previous jobs all together, how about our recruitment at first team level since he was promoted? William Jose. Was he a success?

Considering we already have an absolutely **** central defence and a massive lack of pace in midfield, would you trust him to sort that out? He’s a glorified youth coach that should be working at some ****ty Championship club like Barnsely, not as director of football at Wolves.

As for fat Vinny, I’ll let others explain why he is clearly incompetent. It won’t take much explaining, he’s completely out of touch with reality.
I respect that you have a series of well thought out reasons for disliking him.

I have no opinions on him, as I've only started being interested in the youth side of things recently.

When was he promoted to..... whatever made up job title he has now?

I refuse to blame anyone for Willian Jose other than the big fraud himself. On paper, it was a good signing. He just acquitted himself abysmally and couldn't ever be *****. Just thinking about him makes me angry.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm getting deja vu! Not good!

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My view is this guy thinks he can bleed more money out of us abd has persuaded Jeff. But that’s my view.

The last few months has been the ****test in a long time, what’s the common denominator
I think you are right and I don’t think Jeff is the bad guy in this. He has given fat Vinny some rope, and this moron is going to end up hanging himself.

Jeff has proven he can listen before (I seem to recall Thelwell wanted Lambert as manager), but he needs to stop listening to this guy, he is being badly advised. When Jeff said he sometimes didn’t understand Wolves fans, if asking Vinny was his solution, that was a bad idea. I can assure him that he certainly doesn’t understand Wolves fans. This guy is dangerous and needs sacking. I don’t want to see a toxic Molineux again, but this is guy seems set on creating one.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Shi has been relieved of his watch and the rest of them have been instructed to up the value by hook or by crook ready for the fire sale!

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what's happened?

Football has been taken over by money hungry suits

fans have gone along with it begrudgingly for years now thinking that the suits would mellow with time and loyal fans would be seen as a valued part of the game and of football culture as treated with respect.

But instead the suits have carried on mining the fans of their money and watering the game down to a money making exercise involving over paid players, over paid agents, foreign owners who don't care for the culture and tradition of the game and plastic fans who just want to be "entertained" and are happy to pay whatever the price they are charged

RIP footy as we knew it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting theory. You could be right, but my personal instinct is that Jeff Shi has a series of puppets in all the key non-playing staff positions at the club now just implementing what the puppetmaster desires.

It remains to be seen whether Lage is also more of a pliable puppet than the not-at-all-malleable Nuno was. Before his appointment there were some noises on here about Lage being a 'yes man'.
Oh come on…..everybody has a boss. And any good owner doesn’t want a yes man. What fool wants a puppet?
A good owner knows when to listen and take advice and when to keep out of the way. But even Sir Alec had only so much clout.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to expect our employees to be free wheeling mavericks, but, like everywhere else, they have to follow the party line.
In our case the Chinese Communist Party !
This is a fair point Vinny is a smarmy ***** but hes not solely to blame and doing so wrongly absolves the others.

A bit like when people stupidly hated Moxey but backed Morgan.

V Wolf

Reaction score
His brief from Jeff is to maximise revenue into the club. How he does that is on him. Although it will have been signed off by those higher up the chain, this pricing strategy will have come from him as that is his job. From here it will be down to Jeff and those higher up in the decision-making process to decide how the upside of the extra revenue he has brought in weighs off against the downside of the disconnect with a significant portion of the fan base. If we’re still following this path in 12-18 months and Vinny Clarke is still leading us down it, that will be firmly on Jeff Shi.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anybody at the club that Molineux Mix can't do a better job than?

It's becoming a meme that any member of staff not directly related to the playing staff is blamed for just about everything. Thelwell was given pelters for being quietly effective at his job whilst Laurie Dalrymple was regularly slated - until he left and everyone decided he was actually doing a decent job when he was here :rolleyes:

Most of you lot love the new Castore gear - how do you know Vinny wasn't behind that also?

(Also, I know it's a Mix thing to misspell the names of our staff, but this one isn't that hard. It's Clark without an 'e')

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's becoming a meme that any member of staff that's not directly related to the playing staff is blamed for just about everything. Thelwell was given pelters for being quietly effective at his job whilst Laurie Dalrymple was regularly slated - until he left and everyone decided he was actually doing a decent job when he was here :rolleyes:

Most of you lot love the new Castore gear - how do you know Vinny wasn't behind that also?

(Also, I know it's a Mix thing to misspell the names of our staff, but this one isn't that hard. It's Clark without an 'e')
Vinny has come in and the fans are being fleeced. I think the fact he had the cheek to try and make out that the Man U game was not a dead rubber to justify the £45 ticket price tells us all we need to know about him.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vinny has come in and the fans are being fleeced. I think the fact he had the cheek to try and make out that the Man U game was not a dead rubber tells us all we need to know about him.
Do you think you could do a better job than him?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would Jeff suddenly become a ****? He’s not priced us out over the last 5 years. In comes this clown snd look at what’s happening?

Coincidence?
Ah, so he's Jeff's boss then? I know if I went to my boss with a **** idea he'd tell me to **** off. I also know that if my boss asked me to devise a plan to implement his **** idea then we'd run with it.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think. All of those £20s for superfan-without-a-season-ticket tier going straight into the pockets of Semedo.

IT. MAKES. ME. SO. ANGRY.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

It's becoming a meme that any member of staff that's not directly related to the playing staff is blamed for just about everything. Thelwell was given pelters for being quietly effective at his job whilst Laurie Dalrymple was regularly slated - until he left and everyone decided he was actually doing a decent job when he was here :rolleyes:

We love a pantomime villain at wolves. Personally I think semedo writes Vinnys script for him.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffling that people are venting so much anger at someone who doesn't get final sign-off on decisions... he's obviously involved, but he's working under direction from his line manager, as we all are. In his case, I imagine that's our Jeff.

As others have said, if he went, the next bloke would be doing exactly the same.

People now clamour for Laurie because he spoke well in interviews. You can see why he got the job, gift of the gab. If I remember correctly, he did leave the club very early to pursue something he cared about more than Wolves...

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People now clamour for Laurie because he spoke well in interviews. You can see why he got the job, gift of the gab. If I remember correctly, he did leave the club very early to pursue something he cared about more than Wolves...
He was sacked

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffling that people are venting so much anger at someone who doesn't get final sign-off on decisions... he's obviously involved, but he's working under direction from his line manager, as we all are. In his case, I imagine that's our Jeff.

As others have said, if he went, the next bloke would be doing exactly the same.

Sly dig at Laurie there. He's not a Wolves fan. Ultimately he left to do a similar job but walking distance from his home and near where his kids go to school.

Any sane person would do the same for a similarly well paid job.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

His brief from Jeff is to maximise revenue into the club. How he does that is on him. Although it will have been signed off by those higher up the chain, this pricing strategy will have come from him as that is his job. From here it will be down to Jeff and those higher up in the decision-making process to decide how the upside of the extra revenue he has brought in weighs off against the downside of the disconnect with a significant portion of the fan base. If we’re still following this path in 12-18 months and Vinny Clarke is still leading us down it, that will be firmly on Jeff Shi.
If you think Jeff didn't make the final call on pricing you have no idea how chain of command works.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Football has been taken over by money hungry suits

fans have gone along with it begrudgingly for years now thinking that the suits would mellow with time and loyal fans would be seen as a valued part of the game and of football culture as treated with respect.

But instead the suits have carried on mining the fans of their money and watering the game down to a money making exercise involving over paid players, over paid agents, foreign owners who don't care for the culture and tradition of the game and plastic fans who just want to be "entertained" and are happy to pay whatever the price they are charged

RIP footy as we knew it
How are Prem players overpaid? Championship players are but players are compensated for the massive revenues they bring in.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's becoming a meme that any member of staff not directly related to the playing staff is blamed for just about everything. Thelwell was given pelters for being quietly effective at his job whilst Laurie Dalrymple was regularly slated - until he left and everyone decided he was actually doing a decent job when he was here :rolleyes:

Vinny has just got something completely wrong that forced the club to backtrack within days.

He compared our pricing to Leicester, wrongly.

He lied about us suffering losses as a reason for increasing prices. We hadn’t recorded a loss in reality.

He’s talked about ‘aligning’ to where we are as a club. There’s a thread on here that says the new pricing structure is comparable to the top six. We’ve just finished 13th.

I get your overall point that people are scapegoats on here but Vinny is proving to be bad at his job.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vinny has just got something completely wrong that forced the club to backtrack within days.

He compared our pricing to Leicester, wrongly.

He lied about us suffering losses as a reason for increasing prices. We hadn’t recorded a loss in reality.

He’s talked about ‘aligning’ to where we are as a club. There’s a thread on here that says the new pricing structure is comparable to the top six. We’ve just finished 13th.

I get your overall point that people are scapegoats on here but Vinny is proving to be bad at his job.
Perhaps they should come out and explain. I don't recall any explanation.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have incompetents in positions of power. The same goes for Sellers.

Jeff needs to bin these 2 losers and get some proper people in who know what they are doing. Get bloody Dalrymple back if necessary.

If you see this Jeff, do something. The fans like you, the fans have returned because of what you and Fosun have done; do not let some **** wit (Vinny) spoil it all and make Molineux a toxic place. Treat the fans well and they will always treat you well.
What has sellers done to be incompetent?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big problem with running a football club that I see with Jeff is that he never played football at any level so how can he, despite being at Wolves for a while, know anything at all about player performance?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big problem with running a football club that I see with Jeff is that he never played football at any level so how can he, despite being at Wolves for a while, know anything at all about player performance?
He doesnt need to know, in the same way Daniel Levy doesnt need to know at spurs or indeed any other chairman, he has a recruitment team behind him.

Back
Top Bottom