Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vinagre Sold

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought i'd have a look at a Sporting forum see what they think of the deal pretty obvious they are not happy about it!

If the news is true, it would be a shameful deal. Pay 10M for 50% of the pass, for a player who showed to be at the moment mt away from that value, when we had the chance not to do so (at least that was what was communicated)...
I can't believe this is true. If it is, I would like to listen to the explanations, for it seems to me inexplicably

The purchase comes because of mandatory loan agreement, because for a long time that Vinagre has ceased to be an option. It is a mistake to invest money in a player who when he played rarely proved to be a quality option.

It could have gone well but the boy died completely after the Ajax game. Incomprehensible... A professional player with past youth selections and with supposed quality ... Very weak mentally and now we will be forced to take the risk we take.

10 million per half of this player's pass is totally ruinous. A player who despite having some quality, is so weak mentalmentr that since ajax that looks like an initiate who can only play against teams from league II and the league of Portugal.

A deal too bad to be true. With 10 million we would seek a large left back and yet another quality player

I want to believe it's news to sell newspapers since the deal is too ridiculous to be true

Shame really as he showed so much promise when he first came here but really hasn't progressed at all like we all thought he would...

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good business if true. Though I hope Vinagre can turn it around at Sporting he is still a talented player. I was very sad to see him go but RAN is a superstar in the making so it worked out for us.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed for under 2m, out for 10m. Incredible business. Shame he didn’t kick on either here or there, so to get that much back is a hell of a result.
It's almost like someone, somewhere knows how to run a football club.

Perhaps we been watching villa doing bits, and took a few things onboard

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember watching his debut against Saints and he looked quality, but never quite hit those heights despite a very high step over ratio

Great deal for us, hopefully we do well from that 50% sell on clause too and he goes on and does well for them

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good deal for us. A real shame, I was convinced Vinagre was going to be a star at LWB.
Me too.

Vinagre didn’t have the consistency to make the full position his own imo. He’d have one good game, followed by a poor one and then be on the bench.

RAN has shown what is needed and is definitely a better and more consistent wing back.

Definitely a great deal for us if true. See if Liam reports it in the E and S then we can believe it.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he went to Greece they had an option to buy him for about £22M I think! Sporting are getting a bargain!...

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we still own 50% of Goncalves too, from the same sort of deal. I know he moved on from the original deal, but I read the other day that Sporting only own 50% of him.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Vinagre's issue is he hasnt really nailed down where his best position is. I think he always looked like he could play a lot further forward than he did here.
I am convinced you could turn him into an attacking midfielder which is something we need, I was disappointed he went to Sporting but 10 Million is a good deal for us

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10m and 50% sell on his brilliant business on a player they honestly dont want lol
Wish him all the best but mainly so they sell him for 30 mil next season :)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep balances part of the 35 mill for Silva fee out, I hope he can find some form and have a decent career as he looked good when he first arrived here

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much a straight swap for RAN! Think we may have the better of those deals !
Do hope things work out for him as there's a decent player there somewhere.
Sporting must hate us.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is coming from Sporting in the summer to offset that deal I wonder..... palhinha, Nunes (please).....or I can see a youngster coming ..Daniel branganca or Goncalo Inacio.........said before I can see moutinho ending up at sporting on a free as well , as that's where it all started for him....

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

10mill

smart business from jeff that clause.
apprently not doing well, and they would have sent him back otherwise
I've just about had enough of small time Jeff now and this is just the latest example of his smalltimedness.

He clearly has no idea what he's doing.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like someone, somewhere knows how to run a football club.

Perhaps we been watching villa doing bits, and took a few things onboard
There are no excuses for spending 35 million on fabio and then having to penny pinch the following two seasons.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I liked Vinagre I thought he had the potential to go far but he stalled here and it looks like he’s stalled there too. Great bit if business on our part though. I’m going to play Devils advocate here a bit when I say RAN hasn’t so far been a massive upgrade. For me he is similar to Vinagre in over egging things to the point of losing the ball when attacking, his final delivery isn’t massively better than Vinagre’s but I will concede he is better at defending. Having said all that RAN is young and hopefully he will develop into the player we all hope.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Great deal but How can we still own 50% of him and not breach FIFA rules on 3rd party ownership?
If you read down the comments on the original twitter post it gets a mention. Basically we don't 'own' 50% of him, we have a 50% sell on clause, it's just lost in translation.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no excuses for spending 35 million on fabio and then having to penny pinch the following two seasons.
So let's just accept, for a moment, it was a poor decision. That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge the many good decisions they are making. If we spent a tenth of the time applauding the good decisions that we spend criticising this poor one the Mix would be almost non stop cheer-leading for FOSUN - which would be a bit too much, even for me!

Back
Top Bottom