Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reanswolf

I've lived in Liverpool for over 20 years. It's a small city and almost everybody I know of my age or older knew, either directly or indirectly, a person who died on that terrace that day

So quite frankly you can shove your pathetic whataboutery up your ignorant ****
I understand what you feel , I just feel that their stance will simply alienate them as Celtic mark 2, and be construed as generally anti English.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Seems to me that Liverpool fans have somewhat rewritten history to excuse their chants. I know it’s not for this thread to get into a long discussion, but Thatcher’s government did not try a policy of “managed decline”, nor was it uncovered through FOI. The discussions around this were revealed in the normal lifting of government papers under the 30 year rule, and while the idea was suggested, Thatcher actually did the opposite and appointed Heseltine to try and help regenerate Liverpool.

As for Hillsborough. Yes of course that was a tragedy, both to the fans killed or injured, and in the disgraceful way their investigations were handled until very recently. But what many of their fans forget, is their fans role in Heysel and the tragedy there. The club organises an annual memorial to those killed, and some decent fans acknowledge the stain on their history, but other Liverpool fans still openly say the Juve fans got what they deserved at Heysel, which is frankly disgusting.

It’s no coincidence that the two clubs with fans who regularly boo the anthem are Liverpool and Celtic. Their historic close association with Ireland is I think at the heart of their disrespect for the UK establishment, and all the rest, is just icing on the cake so to speak.
You make some reasonable points but the bit about linking Heysel and Hillsborough is whataboutary and the "other Liverpool fans openly still say..." bit is very Trumpian. What's that got to do with their treatment by the police at Hillsborough and the denial and delay of justice for by the British state? I would agree though, that we haven't had any real detailed reporting about Heysel since it happened in comparison to Hillsborough, but I guess that is because the latter was on British soil and the police, media and state were involved in a cover up and a dedicated effort to shift the blame onto the Liverpool fans. If only if it wasn't for those pesky Liverpool fans standing up for the truth and pursuing it for decades in true Scooby Doo style, they would have got away with it and we wouldn't hear so much about it. In some ways the police, the establishment and the Sun have got away with it though, because some people still don't believe them and take every opportunity to tell us, including on here.

As for the Irish links, that was outlined in The Athletic article and I included it the summary.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've lived in Liverpool for over 20 years. It's a small city and almost everybody I know of my age or older knew, either directly or indirectly, a person who died on that terrace that day

So quite frankly you can shove your pathetic whataboutery up your ignorant ****

What utter *******s. Firstly, it’s not a “small city”. I was born in the Wirral, so I know how big Liverpool is. Secondly, it’s a city with split football loyalties, so if everyone you know knew someone at Hillsborough, then either you live in a throughly LFC neighbourhood, or more likely, everyone says they knew someone there, just like every Wolves fan knew someone at Chorley.

As for my post, there was nothing wrong in it, so shove your insults. Go on Twitter and read what some Liverpool fans say when challenged about Heysel. I didn’t attack the club, nor their decent fans who acknowledge their history warts and all, but some idiots either ignore what their fans did at Heysel or take pride in it. It’s a stain on their history from the same era as Hillsborough, yet for many LFC fans, you only hear the one mentioned and never the other.

I find it ironic that fans who boo and chant over the national anthem, then seek to justify it because of the many wrongs brought on them over the years, take so much offence at the term “Victim FC”. The same fans who weekly benefit from their clubs remarkable luck with VAR and officials, yet scream blue murder when one decision goes against them. I’m from the area, as I said, and a damn sight longer time ago than your “20 years”, and it’s most definitely in the local culture to feel victimised about the world owes them a living.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m neither a royalist or anti-establishment, but I’m glad we had the Molineux response and not the Anfield one.

Massive sympathies to Liverpool regarding Hillsborough, but I’m not very keen on Liverpool and yesterday adds to that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You make some reasonable points but the bit about linking Heysel and Hillsborough is whataboutary and the "other Liverpool fans openly still say..." bit is very Trumpian. What's that got to do with their treatment by the police at Hillsborough and the denial and delay of justice for by the British state? I would agree though, that we haven't had any real detailed reporting about Heysel since it happened in comparison to Hillsborough, but I guess that is because the latter was on British soil and the police, media and state were involved in a cover up and a dedicated effort to shift the blame onto the Liverpool fans. If only if it wasn't for those pesky Liverpool fans standing up for the truth and pursuing it for decades in true Scooby Doo style, they would have got away with it and we wouldn't hear so much about it. In some ways the police, the establishment and the Sun have got away with it though, because some people still don't believe them and take every opportunity to tell us, including on here.

As for the Irish links, that was outlined in The Athletic article and I included it the summary.

Fair enough, and I agree that they fully deserved the later investigation and vindication over the way Hillsborough was handled.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im afraid every town is getting to be like that in the UK.
Supermarkets have insidiously killed small traders / shops and markets. Then their small “local” branded outlets have been designed to drive the final nail in to the coffin.

Th councils have helped kill towns by huge rates, car park fees and the desire to remove vehicles off roads no matter the cost along with the fact people are lazy and can order off a stream of apps pretty much anything they want.

We have all contributed to the above and until we change our habits( which we wont) town centres will become apartments, bars and restaurants.
The high street is dead, I'm aware of that. It's progress of sorts. Residential town centres with associated amenities is what's required now, so get on with it. French cities thrive with the same set-up.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not the monarchies job. It is the governments.

This is a football thread, you can stick your political rhetoric up your ass!
Which is why we should ALL have booed the political sounding of GSTK, it has no place at a run of the mill league match, and if you truly believe politics don't belong in football, you'd agree.

Wolves 1 Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom