Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa verdict

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

When we attack we are good. Very simple. Neves a changed player when he is allowed forward as well.

We deserved a point probably, created more than Villa in the end. Dean Smith chucked game with his subs, and they are nothing more than an average side.

****ing get in

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a better way to beat a rival than scoring three goals after the 80 minute mark when they are 2-0 up and fans celebrating?

Obviously I'd prefer us to get the set up right at the start and was stressed as anything during the first 85 minutes, but winning that way and watching the Villa fans' hearts break was most enjoyable.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel so bad for the folks who turned that off. I was making lunch for the individuals I support and screaming around the kitchen. lol I don't even have words!

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
0-75 minutes = Impudence
76-94 = Podence
Brummie tears are the sweetest!

Table looks good, only one poor result so far this year. Noticeable that were not getting draws and we still have opportunities to improve.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were negatives today but **** me I defy anyone to point them out! All I want to say is Podence changed the game, Bruno needs to find a way to accommodate him IN THE HOLE and you lucky *******s who were there! I will not be sober at 10pm!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely ecstatic. Didn’t move for the first goal from Saiss but after the second and third I lost my ****!!! However.

As I said in another post Lage bottled it today. You don’t play a back 3 aswell as neves, moutinho and donks against someone like Villa. I’ve said many times but podence has to play every game, he’s the only one who doesn’t take the easy option, yes he may give the ball away at times but I can live with that.
I genuinely hope Marcal is injured for the good of the team because I’ve no idea how he’s getting picked. This team team today relied on attacking wing backs and that he is not, hes barely a wing back.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
These lads showed fight today.... we are lucky to have these lads representing us.

Hwang and traore didn't really work, podence made a difference, we do miss raul when he's not playing.

This is a result what can give us the platform for a good season, bet the away end was rocking.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost the sat signal when we were 1-0 down. got it back at 2-0 and then saw Saiss pull one back. Finally lost the signal for good at 2-1. Looked on Mol Mix for Coady's goal and then on the results programme for the final score. Delighted at the win, disappointed with the performance generally from the 2/3 of the match I watched and ****ed-off at the crap weather which disrupted my enjoyment of the game.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol.

Can't believe it.

I always say I don't care about the performance, just the result, and what a ****ing result.

We were really poor for 78 minutes and absolutely excellent for 15!

Villa were really really really poor throughout. A characteristic Saiss error and a Hwang aberration gave them two goals which a team of their quality didn't merit.

Villa dived all over the place, so it was a lovely bit of poetic justice that the winner came from a fanny foul.

The last 15 though. Pinch me. Unbelievable scenes. After the bucketload of bad luck with which we started the season, everything rolled our way at the end. Podence was the best I've ever seen a Wolves player in 15 minutes. Neves - who had been largely crap - scored (sort of) and made the first with an excellent reverse pass.

Bruno picked a team I disagreed with and waited too long to make subs. The players were so laboured on the ball and the amount of times we went back when in good positions infuriated me.

But who gives a flying fruitcake! We only went and scored a 95th minute winner! Lovely to see us above AC Villa in the league, despite them being a club who we could only dream of emulating :)

/Rant/joyous shout

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
football it's a funny old game ( As Jimmy Greaves would have said) If we'd won the game comfortably by 2 or 3 goals we'd all have been delighted.
Coming from 2-0 down with 10 mins to go to win 3-2 feels even better.

Absolutely delighted with the win, An entertaining game overall. Started slowly, finished the first half well, then went to sleep at the start of the second. At 2-0 down I don't think many of us would have predicted the final result, but Podence was great coming on and we kept going, a bit of luck with how 2 of the goals went in, but great build up to them, and great play from Traore to win the final free kick

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost the sat signal when we were 1-0 down. got it back at 2-0 and then saw Saiss pull one back. Finally lost the signal for good at 2-1. Looked on Mol Mix for Coady's goal and then on the results programme for the final score. Delighted at the win, disappointed with the performance generally from the 2/3 of the match I watched and ****ed-off at the crap weather which disrupted my enjoyment of the game.
The last 15 mins was a classic. Worth catching it online if you can. My stream held up, and when the Neves shot goes in, the roar I made would have woken the neighbours.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether the quality was really there, or not.

The effort and determination definitely was.

Bruno should be applauded for being bold, but as has been said on another thread… perhaps if we were a bit more attacking, we wouldn’t need to go all out if that’s to be our natural game. We were cagey and still conceded two - what’s the point?

You could see it meant a lot to the players!

Well done Podence, absolute game-changer.

If Marcel does have a knock, we might be better for it if RAN stakes his claim.

What a way to win - ahahaha.

UTW!

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea beat Brentford 5-0.. we’re back up to 7th.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks :cool:

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should’ve seen McGinn’s goal as a good sign, Vile have now lost 6 of the last 8 matches in which he has scored.

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't agree with the 'we were poor for 78 minutes'. First half was very even. Both teams could have scored, possibly should have.

Second half, we gave away both goals with poor defending, although I think McGinn's should have been stopped. The rest of the time we had most of the ball without creating too many chances. Villa looked really organised in defence and got players back quickly, although Mings from time to time was a bit panicky.

I think set-pieces were always going to be a good option for chances today and that is how all of the goals came about. Saiss couldn't miss, Coady had no idea what went on and Neves scored a complete fluke, but that is football sometiimes. I think we edged the game to be fair and probably had the best chances. Don't forget the amount of money Villa have spent this season. I expected better from them to be honest but I think they are finding it hard without Grealish, especially with his replacement out injured.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange game. We were awful for a lot of it but **** me we showed character at the end and once we got the first, it was destined to be.

Villa totally collapsed and fair play to Lage with his positive subs over Dean's negative ones.

Happy weekend.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Queue up here for your large helping of humble pie !!
Must admit I threw a proper wobbly at 0-2. Everything was wrong: couldn't pass, kept shooting ourselves in the foot, gaffer had his thumb up his ass. Then a goal back... and the psychology completely shifts. Sometimes Football is about bottle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Awful performance for 70 minutes. WBs, don't get me started. Donck, what was Lage doing? Traore, so frustrating. Luckily for tonight I couldn't care less!

Back
Top Bottom