Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6140.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After another international break which seemed to last about a month, the proper football is back.

First of all, let’s hope the break has given the players time to get the last game out of their systems. Sometimes a result can just nip away at you, so let’s hope the players are fully focused on today.

A tough test awaits, that’s for sure. Villa are a good side having a great season. We’ll have to be at our very best to produce a result. But it’s the likes of Villa, Chelsea, Tottenham, where we’ve produced some of our best performances, so that gives me encouragement, we have a group of players who enjoy playing the better sides and rise to the challenge.

In terms of team, there’s not much wiggle room due to injuries. The majority of the team pick themselves because they’ve been playing well mostly.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia Cunha

Bentley, Doherty, Hugo Bueno, Traore, Fraser, Chirewa, Chiwome, Lemina, Barnett.

Obviously the big risk is Cunha, if he doesn’t start then it will be Fraser.

This is the start of a big week really, because the three games could keep us right in the mix for Europe, or push us behind. A positive result today would be a fabulous start!

Whether you’re following the game from Witton, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to going but can’t see anything other than a comfortable defeat unfortunately, especially with the news that Cunha is unlikely to feature.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see Cunha playing much if any of this game maybe a few minutes at the end if anything
Would rather him have a few more days before being risked tbh anyway
Got a few tough games ahead and not much good news on the injury front really
Just hope we dont just fade away in the last games of the season,but even if we do its been a good season all things considered

bully9

Reaction score
Setting off at 930 into lichfield Weatherspoons where’s people drinking in Brum

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always have a couple in the Old Contemptables as it's a great pub ....then normally down towards New street....the trocadero, post office vaults or the shakespeare to jump on the train to witton....not a case of which one , will be all of them but not sure on the order .....

Won't be till early afternoon though ...**** away day for pubs though .... Birmingham is ****e for the 2nd city.....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Cunha not involved, it’s hard to even get up for it.

At least it’s a 5:30pm kick-off so I might not remember much of it considering we’re meeting in a few hours :)

O’Neil moaning about injuries (even though the squad was fine) and the Fosun fans working overtime on here until Tuesday is my unfortunate prediction.

Accept the role as underdog, fight for everything, and defend deep. Then hope all the football Gods are on our side. That’s about it.

bully9

Reaction score
Always have a couple in the Old Contemptables as it's a great pub ....then normally down towards New street....the trocadero, post office vaults or the shakespeare to jump on the train to witton....not a case of which one , will be all of them but not sure on the order .....

Won't be till early afternoon though ...**** away day for pubs though .... Birmingham is ****e for the 2nd city.....

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Great away day with loads of pubs to pick from in city centre and then fairly easy walk, taxi, train or bus to the ground.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a similar feeling to what I had before Newcastle away. It’s just going to be too much for us and our non-existent forward line, I fear.

Still, as long as we give it a go, keep it tight and fight for everything we could maybe make our own luck from a set piece.

It’s a tough ask though, with no outfield goal threat we are just asking for trouble and pressure.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great away day with loads of pubs to pick from in city centre and then fairly easy walk, taxi, train or bus to the ground.
Yes there are loads of pub ..but for me Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle even Sheffield is loads better than Birmingham.....still I'm sure we will ave a few though....for around the ground villa with pubs Villa is desperate..

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Better centre for away fans drinking than Wolverhampton, but then you need to get cans for around Villa Park. Witton Arms is rubbish, £5 cans.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say a result today is on par or close to getting something against Man City at home earlier in the season?

That's how I feel. Would probably even argue a win today would be more impressive...
If we get something today it will be impressive they are currently sat in 4th spot for good reason. Will be embarrassing for them if they don’t beat us!!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say a result today is on par or close to getting something against Man City at home earlier in the season?

That's how I feel. Would probably even argue a win today would be more impressive...
I’m not sure, Villa aren’t in great form themselves and we’ve got a good record at Villa Park recently but we are heavy underdogs today. Fingers crossed we’ve had 2 weeks of working on a GON game plan.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some good hostelry's in that lot tbf.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it got infinitely better over the years I lived in the area.

It was always good for food, but not so much for bars, but thoroughly enjoy a Brum night out now.

It's no Glasgow or Edinburgh mind.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wonder if bully is doing anything this afternoon

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways going in to today with an “anything’s a bonus” attitude is quite relaxing.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what we saw last game, Wolves need to raise the level, get Lemina back in central midfield with Gomes and Doyle and win the midfield battle and build on that. COYW!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s still the risk of us getting battered which is gnawing at me to be honest. Just hope we give it a good go and make a game of it. 1-0 daylight robbery to us would be fantastic of course.
Yea that’s true. I’m going to sit down with a few beers and TRY to remain calm and not get angry if we lose by a bit!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways going in to today with an “anything’s a bonus” attitude is quite relaxing.
I'm a tad chilled about today too as I see Burnley and West Ham easier games in which to amass some points.
If we are on the end of a defeat today, I just don't want it to be a humiliating cricket score.
Two nil down, three two up, Ruben Neves wrapped it up.............I'd love to see the Holt leaving early again.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it got infinitely better over the years I lived in the area.

It was always good for food, but not so much for bars, but thoroughly enjoy a Brum night out now.

It's no Glasgow or Edinburgh mind.
In me raving days it was ok....but wolves was just as good .......just think it struggles for proper pubs Birmingham as a whole...as I say compared to other big city's.... there's plenty of eating , wine bars places but they ain't my cup of tea , especially on a match day........

Granted I probably won't die of thirst......

Last edited:

Leemack

Reaction score
The obvious thoughts are we could have a really bad day but for some reason today we have most things going against us and just like Spurs are Spursy, We always have that Wolvesyness when all is against us we shock everyone and do something weird lol

However,
Heart Wolves Win
Head - Loss

Lemina back in mid please

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Feel like the formation (and probably the result) is largely determined by whether Cunha can start. If it has to be a 532 then Lemina as the attacking midfielder, but not in as a 10. Fraser will be way too isolated for me if he has to play up top in a 523 for example, which will become a 541. Certainly a challenge for O'Neil today!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see Cunha playing much if any of this game maybe a few minutes at the end if anything
Would rather him have a few more days before being risked tbh anyway
Got a few tough games ahead and not much good news on the injury front really
Just hope we dont just fade away in the last games of the season,but even if we do its been a good season all things considered
GON feels differently, apparently. He has said he will play at some point. Let's hope he's right.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sat in Bacchus listening to a group of them saying how will they get to Athens and how will they get tickets I’m laughing

Back
Top Bottom