Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Views on fans, vision of football atmosphere and general poster opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liquidatorwolf

So the previous thread, in my opinion has unfairly, just been closed.

The reasoning for this, was, ''the thread has run it's course'', sorry, but any busy thread is a good thread in my opinion and there was a decent discussion going, with that closing post I assumed that the thread wasn't very well focused so here's one that is.

Kiwi's best reply to his condemnation of any violence at football was this:

Pete Wolf; said:
It was hilarious to see them all turn and run like that, but then most people condemning him here are typical of Molineux Mix's 'established voice'. The supposed greater than thou fans who don't actually go to the game and have some sort of image in their head of what football fans are supposed to be like, all cheering, never booing gold and black clad families, probably the same image as Jez views the future of the game as, but bears no relation to anyone that actually goes to the games and actually really does support the club
Some posters seem to have a vendetta of some sort against the fans, they often castigate anyone who has any sort of post referring to violence, these are usually the one who are the most judgmental and they can not handle the resulted abuse they get from their snarling comments.

On the topic of wishing a fan got critically injured, who actually posed no threat what-so-ever in numbers wise, do some of us Wolves fans feel no form of affiliation to Wolves fans? Just the Club? I hope not as the thought of that will give me nightmares tonight. Jumping to conclusions, but these fans tend to be the ones who rarely travel.

Some on here, deprecate the fans at every opportunity they get, others defend the fans unconditionally, which occasionally results into deluded views, but I'd know which of fan I'd like to be.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can relate more to decent, fair-minded supporters of other clubs more than I can to hooligans and thugs that happen to be Wolves fans. I’m interested in the game of football which is entertainment enough for me. Banter between fans is great, taking it beyond that is not.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can relate more to decent, fair-minded supporters of other clubs more than I can to hooligans and thugs that happen to be Wolves fans. I’m interested in the game of football which is entertainment enough for me. Banter between fans is great, taking it beyond that is not.

That's me too.

W

Westport Wolf

It's all down to what you associate with, or want to associate with. When I was younger I loved Wolves and Wolves fans. I wanted to be part of everything Wolves, including the pack, who may or may not have been involved in scuffles, banter, posing and posturing, etc... But as a youngster that was part of the excitement, being with 'the lads' and feeling a part of something - a band of brothers, if you like. Now I have grown up, I still love the Wolves but love my fellow fans a lot less. Why? Because, in a desire to replicate 'the good old days' too many wannabe hoolies do nothing but embarrass the club and their fellow fans, including me, by their pathetic actions. Away at Everton the season before last, I was amongst a bunch of drunken Wolves thugs who were so hard, they gave it the 'big un' to the families with young children and elderly couples in the upper bullens. One old lady Everton fan was spat upon over the barrier, resulting in a couple of Wolves fans getting smacked. It was nothing short of an embarrassing incident and made many of us ashamed to be associated with these idiots.
All too often football violence of the past is romanticised. Great stories they may be, but when they inspire todays youngsters to 'have a go' at innocent opposition fans, it all just gets way too embarassing and cringeworthy.
If Millwall turn up mob handed and start battering anything that moves outside the Wanderer and the Feathers, as they have in previous seasons, it would be nice to think the 'old guard' and their young pretenders might defend their fellow fans. However, when said young pretenders rain half bricks and bottles down on families of Pompey fans and try to nick Pompey John's bell and hat. That's just sad and completely uneccesary and not something I want to be associated with.

W

WasStefan

If I'd have said some of the stuff that was said in that thread I'd be lynched... is it unfair? yes, but does anyone care? no, that's how it is unfortunately :rolleyes:

L

liquidatorwolf

If I'd have said some of the stuff that was said in that thread I'd be lynched... is it unfair? yes, but does anyone care? no, that's how it is unfortunately :rolleyes:

It's a funny one, because these elitists of posters often say why would you call Albion Scum or inbreds, all football fans are the same, but then they are critical about anything the Wolves fans do, then have the audacity to compare us to other fans and how we should be? Extremely hypocritical.

Westport's wolf post was spot on and there is not much I can disagree on it's down to a feeling of camaradirie after spending so much time and money on Wolves.

K

KiwiWolf

So the previous thread, in my opinion has unfairly, just been closed.

The reasoning for this, was, ''the thread has run it's course'', sorry, but any busy thread is a good thread in my opinion and there was a decent discussion going, with that closing post I assumed that the thread wasn't very well focused so here's one that is.

Kiwi's best reply to his condemnation of any violence at football was this:

Pete Wolf; said:
It was hilarious to see them all turn and run like that, but then most people condemning him here are typical of Molineux Mix's 'established voice'. The supposed greater than thou fans who don't actually go to the game and have some sort of image in their head of what football fans are supposed to be like, all cheering, never booing gold and black clad families, probably the same image as Jez views the future of the game as, but bears no relation to anyone that actually goes to the games and actually really does support the club

Some posters seem to have a vendetta of some sort against the fans, they often castigate anyone who has any sort of post referring to violence, these are usually the one who are the most judgmental and they can not handle the resulted abuse they get from their snarling comments.

On the topic of wishing a fan got critically injured, who actually posed no threat what-so-ever in numbers wise, do some of us Wolves fans feel no form of affiliation to Wolves fans? Just the Club? I hope not as the thought of that will give me nightmares tonight. Jumping to conclusions, but these fans tend to be the ones who rarely travel.

Some on here, deprecate the fans at every opportunity they get, others defend the fans unconditionally, which occasionally results into deluded views, but I'd know which of fan I'd like to be.

I don't really care how you care to jsutify your views because that's all they are, your opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. However, I cannot and will not condone violence of any kind. I have been a STH for many years and have travelled all over the country following Wolves. However, similar to Westport, my hatred of thuggery and mindless violence and all those who incite it, transcends club loyalties and rivalries. If I witnessed a Wolves fan attack a Baggies fan and kick 7 bells out of him I would willingly help the fan who was attacked and just as willingly help any police enquiries if I was asked to. I know that will upset and annoy some wanabe hoolies on this forum but that's just the way I see it. I don't like Man Utd as a club but a friend of mine went to see them play at St Mary's. The result:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve..._united_fan_critical_after_street_attack.html

He did survive this attack but was left with severe physical and mental scars which led to the loss of his ability to work and the break up of his family.

Those of you who wish to pass off football violence as a bit of excitement for the lads, or just a bit of drunken messing around need to take a look in the mirror and ask how you would feel if this had been your dad? This guys kids were friends of my children and were there to see him get his life ruined that day. If you think that's ok then you're no better than those thugs who carried out this mindless attack. Shame on you, you're a disgrace to our club and certainly not FANS of football. :cool::cool:

D

Deleted member 4023

The alarm bells must already be ringing with whats to come next season:
Bolton,Blues,Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff,Derby,Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Middlesboro,Millwall, Sheff Weds, (Sheff Utd, West Sham)

D

Deleted member 3518

I don't really care how you care to jsutify your views because that's all they are, your opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. However, I cannot and will not condone violence of any kind. I have been a STH for many years and have travelled all over the country following Wolves. However, similar to Westport, my hatred of thuggery and mindless violence and all those who incite it, transcends club loyalties and rivalries. If I witnessed a Wolves fan attack a Baggies fan and kick 7 bells out of him I would willingly help the fan who was attacked and just as willingly help any police enquiries if I was asked to. I know that will upset and annoy some wanabe hoolies on this forum but that's just the way I see it. I don't like Man Utd as a club but a friend of mine went to see them play at St Mary's. The result:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve..._united_fan_critical_after_street_attack.html

He did survive this attack but was left with severe physical and mental scars which led to the loss of his ability to work and the break up of his family.

Those of you who wish to pass off football violence as a bit of excitement for the lads, or just a bit of drunken messing around need to take a look in the mirror and ask how you would feel if this had been your dad? This guys kids were friends of my children and were there to see him get his life ruined that day. If you think that's ok then you're no better than those thugs who carried out this mindless attack. Shame on you, you're a disgrace to our club and certainly not FANS of football. :cool::cool:

First and foremost travelled to Wigan Sunday and had a great day out, thanks Jack for the thumbs up on the Anvil, and then some priceless moments at the Robin. Fortunately did not engage in or get involved in violence at any point, at my age could have proved terminal!.

However, your post seems somewhat hypocritical,. Whilst condemning football violence in general and more specifically the violence of the individual Wolves fan against the many, you are happy to state "Pity the kicking didn't last a lot longer" thereby condoning the violence of the many against the individual. If this indeed had happened and the "kicking" you clealy so much desired had resulted in brain damage / long term damage / break up of his family would that be ok, maybe he deserved it? How weird that somebody who proclaims to detest violence so much wishes to see such a level of gratuituos violence against a fellow fan.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've no objection to a bunch of lads kicking $$$$ out of other, like minded lads who happen to have been born in a different town, if they wish. Ideally do it somewhere out of the way though.
Football hooliganism in general seems fairly low key compared to the 70s/80s thankfully.
Whilst not condoning the action of our supporter at Wigan we had been relegated and the actions of those Wigan fans in actually coming over to taunt our fans always carried a chance of retaliation, that's human nature. It's a good job that the police and steward line was firm because if it had collapsed and a number of our fans got through we could be debating a major incident.
On an aside wanting fellow fans to be hurt is stupid. I have been in a situation where knowing the location of fellow Wolves fans saved me and a couple of friends from a kicking at Blues years ago. Instead the 15 or so Blues fans following and threatening us got it when we bumped into a crowd of lads we knew from Stourbridge and Wordsley. Sometimes these hooligans can help you out.
Unfortuneatly if you follow Wolves you can be targeted just because some of our fellow supporters have a reputation. The same can happen when following England abroad.
Ideally it would be better if it never happened of course ut that tribalism is part of football support. As I said, as long as they leave alone the 99% of us who go to watch the match I don't really care.

P

PeteWolf

Can we please stop referring to what happened on Sunday as hooliganism.

Hooliganism in its negative light is the intimidation and violence of innocent fans by thugs. The bloke running the Wigan fans was nothing short of comedy, as borne out by the majority of the away end cheering him on.

There's too many people on here who don't understand the mindset of the match going fan. People who aren't hooligan's or the baiting mob, just ordinary fans reacting to the emotion of the game.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know:

How/why does hooliganism/violence/fighting etc make football better?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If a thread is closed you don't start another on the same subject to get around that closure.
I'll reiterate what Bod said on the other thread. There is no place whatsoever on this forum for support or condoning of football violence, whether that is done openly or as an underlying tone to posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom