Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

View from the Opposition West Ham

Matt West Ham

Reaction score
Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of **** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after.

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I'd avoid any questions on:

VAR
A number 9
West Brom
Villa
Match of the day
FFP
Summer transfers (from next summer all the way back 20 years)
January transfers (ditto)
Silva
FOSUN
Paint jobs on stadium infrastructure
Other ground improvements
Stadium expansion
Trees near to the training ground
Asda.

anything else should be ok.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

VAR
A number 9
West Brom
Villa
Match of the day
FFP
Silva
FOSUN
Stadium expansion
Asda.

Garth’s Team of the week

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Still not forgiven you for stealing Matt Jarvis.

Craig Dawson is a start, but we still need another favour from you.

3 points on April 6th should just about make us square.
Much as I loved him, I'm going to suggest that West Ham fans probably think that we owe them a favour for the money we got for Jarvo. Although maybe they think we've repaid them by not bothering to try in the last two seasons at their place.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question: Why is David Moyes railed against by many West Ham fans, when he gave you your most successful season since 1980?

Presumably, it was all in spite of him because I keep hearing what a useless pudding he is.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VAR
A number 9
West Brom
Villa
Match of the day
FFP
Silva
FOSUN
Stadium expansion
Asda.

Add iPads to that list

Matt West Ham

Reaction score
Sorry ladies and gent's had a night out in Brum last night as mates come up from London for a beer or two, nice to have some normal accents for a change...

I will get the questions typed up and will sned to a couple of you early next week. I always ask a fan of the team before what question does he want us to ask the next fan we have on.

Jarvis, shame, we may have over paid however, he never really had that chance at West Ham did he and we certainly didn't get the best from him.

Ballon d'awson... My boss is a wolves season ticket holder and I said at the time he would be the singing of the season for you. We loved him at West Ham and is one of the most underrated players in the Prem I feel. We loved the guy, great pro

Be in touch early next week.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always enjoyed a trip to Upton Park, it had a great atmosphere. I must admit to having not been to the new West Ham ground, what is the atmosphere like there compared to Upton Park?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always enjoyed a trip to Upton Park, it had a great atmosphere. I must admit to having not been to the new West Ham ground, what is the atmosphere like there compared to Upton Park?
It’s like night and day. Upton Park for me always felt like a proper stadium and was an intimidating place to go as an away fan. The new stadium looks impressive but fans are too far from the pitch. Same for spurs really, swapped the Lane and the atmosphere is so so poor at the new stadium

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s like night and day. Upton Park for me always felt like a proper stadium and was an intimidating place to go as an away fan. The new stadium looks impressive but fans are too far from the pitch. Same for spurs really, swapped the Lane and the atmosphere is so so poor at the new stadium

You are right about Upton Park being an intimidating place to go. The crowd were really close to the pitch and made life difficult for opposing players.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs season ticket holders aren’t too fond of the new stadiums atmosphere either

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs season ticket holders aren’t too fond of the new stadiums atmosphere either
I think it’s awful. I’ve been as an away fan and I’ve been in the spurs end with a spurs supporting mate, it’s so sterile. Really impressive looking, no arguments there but it’s not a patch on white hart lane.

Maybe I’m a traditionalist but so many modern stadiums leave me cold, even as an away fan when generally you generate a good atmosphere so many of them are awful.

This is controversial I’m sure and it’s the direct opposite of what we have at Wolves (it might also be trivial) but they all have way too big concourses. They feel like an airport lounge rather than a ground. So much pre game atmosphere is being in a concourse all huddled together having a beer and a song, they feel like the freezer section in Tesco

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only been to the new ground when in was the Olympic stadium for 2012. Atmosphere was something else on Super Saturday. Can understand why it doesn’t work as well for football, with the requirements to still be able to covert it back for athletics

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only been to the new ground when in was the Olympic stadium for 2012. Atmosphere was something else on Super Saturday. Can understand why it doesn’t work as well for football, with the requirements to still be able to covert it back for athletics
I think that’s the problem really, because of its previous use you’re too far from the pitch.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
What percentage of West Ham fans would you say are part of the entitled group that want your best manager in decades sacked?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the fighting **** forum and the responses to the same post

We are a polite lot really
To be fair that is sort of like a Boggie or perhaps a Viler making that post on here.... There is precious little love between Wet Spam and Spuds....

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of **** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after.

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt
Yes deffo Matt

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VAR
A number 9
West Brom
Villa
Match of the day
FFP
Silva
FOSUN
Stadium expansion
Asda.

You forgot the Liquidator

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always laugh when you see old games from there, the tiniest amount of room to swing a corner in, literally two steps.

Throw ins could be a problem as well. People like Mike Bailey, who had a long throw needed a bit of room to take a few steps in their run up. It was not unknown for a youngster to try and trip them up as they started the run up.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry ladies and gent's had a night out in Brum last night as mates come up from London for a beer or two, nice to have some normal accents for a change...

I will get the questions typed up and will sned to a couple of you early next week. I always ask a fan of the team before what question does he want us to ask the next fan we have on.

Jarvis, shame, we may have over paid however, he never really had that chance at West Ham did he and we certainly didn't get the best from him.

Ballon d'awson... My boss is a wolves season ticket holder and I said at the time he would be the singing of the season for you. We loved him at West Ham and is one of the most underrated players in the Prem I feel. We loved the guy, great pro

Matt, happy to answer questions.
My only fa cup final ticket was for West Ham Arsenal 1980 in the days when non league clubs were allocated some and I was lucky enough to get one in a ballot

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they don't like Moyes because he is an ugly Glaswegian with a Scottish accent they can't understand. They mainly like ****neys and southerners more generally down there. They have had loads of ex-West Ham players from London managing them: Fenton, Bonds, Redknapp, Brooking, Curbishley, Lyall, Pardew to name a few

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to Upton Park a few times but only ever saw us lose there.

Remember going to watch West Ham v Swindon with a Swindon supporting mate in the 3rd round of the Cup back in 1967, when Wet Spam had the England team playing for them: Moore, Hurst, Peters. But Swindon had a brilliant winger called Don Rogers who ran rings round them. It finished a draw and Swindon won the replay. It was the time of the West Ham boot boys (but before the Inter-City Firm). Quite a few Swindon lads got their heads kicked, one got a broken leg. As bad as Millwall.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Never minded West Ham tbh. Some world class players over the years including the spine of the the 1966 World Cup team. Always played football as it should be played - to feet and on the offensive. My very favorite player is/was Jimmy Greaves, although due to drink/health issues he was not at his best when he played for them. Biggest shame was when they moved from an iconic ground to a soulless stadium.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s gone wrong with Kalvin Phillips?

He has found his level?

Only had one purple patch season in the prem and got a big money move long before he had proven anything in my opinion…….

Not a fraction of the player neves is/was and he didn’t get that move……..

Overhyped because he is english

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question: Why is David Moyes railed against by many West Ham fans, when he gave you your most successful season since 1980?

Presumably, it was all in spite of him because I keep hearing what a useless pudding he is.
Lol…you could ask that same question of the Mix and swap David Moyes for Fosun. Jus’ sayin’ :hearteyes:

Back
Top Bottom