Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Victim FC

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The videos and the actions of players and officials suggests that Salisbury and his officials had enough of Wolves by the time of the fourth goal and the events surrounding it. They were in a strop, much as Wolves were, and instead of acting with impartiality, they took a one sided view of events. Hence the tug on Adama was ignored despite the video and VAR’s intervention, the incursion on the pitch by Leeds players was ignored, while the Assistant’s irritated reverse into Nunes was met with a red card to Nunes. If you watch the body language of Salisbury after the game when Lopetegui approached him, it’s clear he wanted nothing more to do with Wolves.

They are only human and perhaps their anger is justified by the earlier actions of the Wolves bench, but they are supposed to be impartial at all times. I could see Wolves getting a fine and punished for an unruly bench, but this may be accompanied by a rescinding of the Nunes red and a suspension for Salisbury and the assistant. Otherwise PGMOL runs the risk of themselves not being seen as impartial.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why people don’t see this I don’t know. Majority of fans of other clubs agree as well

I have a Spurs Mate who I have known for 35 years, he phoned me up Sunday to say it is shocking and wrong how many crap decisions Wolves are on the end of. Told Jimmy it was much appreciated as I did not want to appear paranoid, he assured me / we, we are not . While he said Jonny had to go ( I agreed with him ) the 4th goal was a clear shirt pull and should not have been allowed. He felt it was a penalty on Semedo.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a Spurs Mate who I have known for 35 years, he phoned me up Sunday to say it is shocking and wrong how many crap decisions Wolves are on the end of. Told Jimmy it was much appreciated as I did not want to appear paranoid, he assured me / we, we are not . While he said Jonny had to go ( I agreed with him ) the 4th goal was a clear shirt pull and should not have been allowed. He felt it was a penalty on Semedo.
I've had Gooners saying much the same.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some fans do this deliberately not so much to profit, but to try to influence fate to get the opposite outcome ie keep us up.

Protection betting. I’ve bet on WBA to stay in the PL before when they looked nailed on for relegation, hoping my terrible luck with betting guarantees they go down. It did.

No problem betting on Wolves to lose etc by Wolves fans… as long as they’d actually rather we didn’t lose/ go down.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That makes me want to be sick in my mouth. I’d rather give the money to a charity than profit on my own club being in misery
Ha ha - I think we've spoken about this before, now I think about it. Way I see it, there are four outcomes from 'protection' betting, as @Alex Rae The Substitute succinctly describes it: a) the optimal one, where Wolves survive and I don't lose any money by not betting in the first place. b) Wolves survive and I lose £175, terrific - I'm more than happy to sacrifice that amount or more for us to stay up. c) Wolves go down, I get £800. A terrible situation but one with a consolation prize. d) Wolves go down, and I get nothing. Thoroughly abysmal stuff.

Ideally, I get A but A is actually a gamble in of itself if you think about it, because the potential outcome is D which I'm desperate to avoid, so... I make a protection bet that ensures one of B or C. I wouldn't say it's to influence fate as per @Sussex Wolf 's suggestion as I don't believe in fate or karma, and therefore I have no hangups in betting against my club. It doesn't particularly mean anything. But what protection betting does do is create a personal calming effect. It's actually very comforting, and relieves some of the stress of the situation we're in. Plus you can retrieve some of your money by cashing out if it looks likely Wolves will survive. I'd heartily recommend it. C'mon, join the dark side...

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Laws of the game are quite clear but everything is over complicated , penalty decisions , was there contact - yes could it easily go another way with another ref - yes , then it’s a pen if one is they all are none of this clear and obvious crap as it still leaves a grey area .. same with a shirt pull , is it an infringement - yes then it’s a foul in whatever context , offsides are a complete joke also , no lines if you can clearly see someone’s off he’s off if you can’t tell just by looking he’s on !!! You just know all this will get cleared up next year when we are back in the championship …

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha - I think we've spoken about this before, now I think about it. Way I see it, there are four outcomes from 'protection' betting, as @Alex Rae The Substitute succinctly describes it: a) the optimal one, where Wolves survive and I don't lose any money by not betting in the first place. b) Wolves survive and I lose £175, terrific - I'm more than happy to sacrifice that amount or more for us to stay up. c) Wolves go down, I get £800. A terrible situation but one with a consolation prize. d) Wolves go down, and I get nothing. Thoroughly abysmal stuff.

Ideally, I get A but A is actually a gamble in of itself if you think about it, because the potential outcome is D which I'm desperate to avoid, so... I make a protection bet that ensures one of B or C. I wouldn't say it's to influence fate as per @Sussex Wolf 's suggestion as I don't believe in fate or karma, and therefore I have no hangups in betting against my club. It doesn't particularly mean anything. But what protection betting does do is create a personal calming effect. It's actually very comforting, and relieves some of the stress of the situation we're in. Plus you can retrieve some of your money by cashing out if it looks likely Wolves will survive. I'd heartily recommend it. C'mon, join the dark side...
Each to their own but even the degenerate gambler in me can never bet against wolves, it’s cold comfort if it comes in (for me). I bet on wolves every single game but the eternal optimist in me bets positive and it feels like a double win. Versus Southampton I had great in play and backed us to win 2-1 at half time despite 10 men and being 1-0, it ended up paying for my travel there, ticket and one hell of a celebratory session afterwards

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about "identical incidents at separate matches" resulting in different outcomes (Semedo not getting a penalty for us, while Arsenal were revarded a penalty in their game). But in reality there are no identical situations, as every incident is different when going into finer details as there are so many different variables...
This is a big problem with VAR, it's impossible to get correct outcome comparing two similar incidents at two different matches.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about "identical incidents at separate matches" resulting in different outcomes (Semedo not getting a penalty for us, while Arsenal were revarded a penalty in their game). But in reality there are no identical situations, as every incident is different when going into finer details as there are so many different variables...
This is a big problem with VAR, it's impossible to get correct outcome comparing two similar incidents at two different matches.
Your right as to identical incidents being impossible,but similar incidents are not
All anyone is asking for is consistency
If VAR intervenes in certain games then why not every game?
If shirt pulling is deemed a foul,which it is,then every case of it should be punished no matter how slight or where it happens
How can defenders get away with basically hugging attackers at corners when the slightest touch outside the box is given a free kick?
The referees should consult the pitch side monitors more if they are unsighted or there is the slightest doubt in the decision,plus these should be viewed in real time from different angles not slow motion as it always looks worse slowed down
A few seconds spent at the monitor would solve most of the controversies,or in our case not lol

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key thing is how the players react. And JL could do with setting a more stoic example.

How about they choose to do an extra hours training each day for the crucial Forest match? They could put extra work into set pieces, shooting practice. They could decide to spend the evenings watching Forests recent matches to get full knowledge on them.

Or they could forget all that and spend even more time punching the ground, arm waving, sulking, complaining. It will get them nothing though it's the easy option.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key thing is how the players react. And JL could do with setting a more stoic example.

How about they choose to do an extra hours training each day for the crucial Forest match? They could put extra work into set pieces, shooting practice. They could decide to spend the evenings watching Forests recent matches to get full knowledge on them.

Or they could forget all that and spend even more time punching the ground, arm waving, sulking, complaining. It will get them nothing though it's the easy option.
They cannot put 'extra' work into shooting practice if they don't engage in shooting practice in the first place. It is evident to me, that there is no shooting practice at Compton as the practice balls probably landed in the Staffs-Worcester Canal prior to the season start and no one yet has been able to find them. :D

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Do you really think JL is moaning about the calls when the team is in training during the week? As someone who has coached at the highest levels now for quite some time, I'm certain he's giving the lads the "you focus on the football, you let me deal with the officials" spiel on a steady basis. But he has to back his guys when he feels they have been rightfully aggrieved. One of the reasons he was hired has to be that the club wished to have the benefit of his higher profile leading them, and earning more respect with PL opposition & refs, as well as in the recruitment and retainer of talented players.

Respect is a two way street. JL has asked for the PGMOL to respect Wolves' supporters with fairness, not apologies. JL wasn't throwing tantrums from the off, but the aggregation of slights is obvious for all to see. So he (and we) are still waiting for our slice of respect ...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checking the media for their insight into our match on Satruday and this frenzy of weird decisions against us. On BBC site, first of all had to scroll through a page full of articles on Man Utd, on their match, their next match, the one after that, a couple of interviews with their players, another with their manager. Then a mention of the other FA Cup match. Then , obviously, it's the womens football. How Arsenal and Man U womens teams did. Then ... the page ended. Nothing on us at all.

Eventually found a match report that said there was possible contact on Semedo. And Nunes got sent off for jostling the linesman. What are we all complaining for? It's not even news compared to what Bruno Fernandes had for breakfast.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Each to their own but even the degenerate gambler in me can never bet against wolves, it’s cold comfort if it comes in (for me). I bet on wolves every single game but the eternal optimist in me bets positive and it feels like a double win. Versus Southampton I had great in play and backed us to win 2-1 at half time despite 10 men and being 1-0, it ended up paying for my travel there, ticket and one hell of a celebratory session afterwards

I’m not a regular gambler at all, except the annual random selection of horses for the National, which itself is relatively unpredictable for a horse race. I’d find routinely betting on Wolves to win a nightmare. The highs and lows of our results are bad enough without magnifying them with the possibility to win or lose money!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checking the media for their insight into our match on Satruday and this frenzy of weird decisions against us. On BBC site, first of all had to scroll through a page full of articles on Man Utd, on their match, their next match, the one after that, a couple of interviews with their players, another with their manager. Then a mention of the other FA Cup match. Then , obviously, it's the womens football. How Arsenal and Man U womens teams did. Then ... the page ended. Nothing on us at all.

Eventually found a match report that said there was possible contact on Semedo. And Nunes got sent off for jostling the linesman. What are we all complaining for? It's not even news compared to what Bruno Fernandes had for breakfast.
I've come to accept this tbh as we're unklikely to be a big story until we're regular CL material.
That of course goes for the rest of the division apart from the top 6/7. Brighton are understandably receiving much coverage and so are the likes of Brentford and Fulham as they'll all having exceptional seasons.

Let's hope we don't drop down to the Championship, as you'll be on page 438 and we still won't be getting a mention. :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the way of the footballing world these days. Like Charlton, Swansea, even Leicester, we've had our 15 minutes of fame. Time for somebody new, like Blackburn or Sheff Wed , maybe Luton or even Boro as they've been away a long time. They will come up, get the plaudits for a season or two then churn back down again. Brentford will soon wear out their welcome, too, mark my words.

I think the "Wolvesugal" made us dislikable to many. I remember after we beat Arsenal 3-1, some of their fans demanding investigations into our funding and so on. If Fabio had been a 20 goal a season striker and we'd unearthed another couple of young Portugese stars and were challenging their place at the top, they would be demanding investigations again. We've slipped back since they, though, so nobody really even notices us other than us.

<EDIT> The hypocricy with Arsenal being how when Wenger joined them, he brought with him the best young French players. And kept that connection going continually. They invented that model and benefitted from it, yet were livid with us doing the same with our Portugese connection. I hate the Big 6. Hypocritical, devious, cheating, immoral shysters, the lot of them :mad:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR is a terrible introduction to the game and I think it is stopping refs making on field decisions that they would normally in the hope that VAR may help them out.

I also think Wolves have had some hideous decisions go against us, particularly recently.

But the whingeing of Wolves fans on social media and match report comment sections is borderline embarrassing, and as for Lopetegui’s touch line antics, if he managed another club I’d hate him. There is no conspiracy or sabotage against Wolves, it’s just downright misfortune. The refs performance on Saturday didn’t help. But the real issue was yet another abject performance from our starting XI.

We’re not going to get any favours from the officials at Forest away, so our group of players need to grow a pair, and go and win the match by being the better team for 90+ minutes. Something we’ve only really achieved a handful of times this season. Time to start performing.

I really don’t like the hard done by act that is coming out of the club at the moment.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna get pelters but **** it... I don't think it was a clear foul on Traore. Is shirt pulling an offence or is it more the effect of the shirt pull? I don't see it affected him and he made no attempt to free himself- he felt the pull and just stopped. Two things taught at school..."if in doubt kick it out" and "play to the whistle"
He also had the ball back under control seconds later, but then lost possession. Which everyone seems to be ignoring

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also had the ball back under control seconds later, but then lost possession. Which everyone seems to be ignoring
He didn't have the ball back under control at all

Getting your foot to the ball first when stretching and off balance because you've just been pulled back while under pressure from two players is not "having the ball under control" by any measure

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't have the ball back under control at all

Getting your foot to the ball first when stretching and off balance because you've just been pulled back while under pressure from two players is not "having the ball under control" by any measure
I thought as a professional footballer he did. Then he let the leeds player take it off him.
Just my opinion.

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
The victims tag isn’t going to get us to 17th at the end of the season. Last thing we need as fans is our players feeling sorry for themselves. It will end in relegation. They need to train harder than ever and when a goal scoring opportunity comes along we need to finish them better. And hopefully in the summer, Lope will see who’s good enough mentally for another season in the greed league. Because there’s a few in that squad who ain’t.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR is a terrible introduction to the game and I think it is stopping refs making on field decisions that they would normally in the hope that VAR may help them out.

I also think Wolves have had some hideous decisions go against us, particularly recently.

But the whingeing of Wolves fans on social media and match report comment sections is borderline embarrassing, and as for Lopetegui’s touch line antics, if he managed another club I’d hate him. There is no conspiracy or sabotage against Wolves, it’s just downright misfortune. The refs performance on Saturday didn’t help. But the real issue was yet another abject performance from our starting XI.

We’re not going to get any favours from the officials at Forest away, so our group of players need to grow a pair, and go and win the match by being the better team for 90+ minutes. Something we’ve only really achieved a handful of times this season. Time to start performing.

I really don’t like the hard done by act that is coming out of the club at the moment.

So how many ludicrous decisions do we have to put up with till its okay to be annoyed and show that annoyance? 10? Cause we're already on about 8 with apologies every week. Or just shy away/roll over etc from the incompetence that the so called best league in world the league has to offer on the reffing side of things.

Last edited:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that the clown ref literally had 2 minutes of watching a slow motion replay of Adama’s shirt getting pulled off his back, got instructed by his colleague that he had initially got it wrong and it was a foul, yet STILL chose not to give it, I genuinely think it’s either the single worst decision in the history of football or he deliberately cheated us.

It really is that simple. If anything, I don’t think we are complaining enough, it’s a truly staggering piece of refereeing.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Nice thread. But factually

1. We cannot change past results
2 we won’t be able to influence referees by sulking
3 we need to pull together to get results.
4. Feeling self pity will not help our performances
5 I can have no influence however I feel
6 the officiating has been very very poor…lots of teams feel this
7.it’s all down to julen and his players to show us their best…we can ask for no more and no less

COYW

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but where is the “violent conduct” in what Nunes did? That’s what he was given a red for, according to Salisbury.
If he's been sent off for violent conduct, surely the red will be rescinded on a technicality if nothing else.

I was given a court summons once for jumping a red light. The copper accidentally ticked the wrong box on the ticket...

Instead of 'traffic offence" he'd ticked 'suspected terrorism' or words to that affect. A bit frightening for me but also a techni - ****ing - cality, thank you very much. No case to answer lol.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that the clown ref literally had 2 minutes of watching a slow motion replay of Adama’s shirt getting pulled off his back, got instructed by his colleague that he had initially got it wrong and it was a foul, yet STILL chose not to give it, I genuinely think it’s either the single worst decision in the history of football or he deliberately cheated us.

It really is that simple. If anything, I don’t think we are complaining enough, it’s a truly staggering piece of refereeing.

It was absolutely disgraceful officiating. What was he doing?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think theres an appeal procedure it’s not going to be known yet

Personally one look at the vid I have seen and a quick call to the club to tell them the card has been rescinded. If they uphold that card then it confirms everything I am thinking.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how many ludicrous decisions do we have to put up with till its okay to be annoyed and show that annoyance? 10? Cause we're already on about 8 with apologies every week. Or just shy away/roll over etc from the incompetence that the so called best league in world the league has to offer on the reffing side of things.

That’s my point. Roll our sleeves up and show our quality on the field. Something we’ve failed to do too many times this season.

Whingeing is clearly not going to work. Scoring goals will win us games. Again, something we’ve failed to do on too many occasions this season.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some fans do this deliberately not so much to profit, but to try to influence fate to get the opposite outcome ie keep us up.
Influence fate?! And pigs will fly over the rainbow at the bottom of my garden. Is it still the 14th century?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Influence fate?! And pigs will fly over the rainbow at the bottom of my garden. Is it still the 14th century?

You’d be surprised how many people are still superstitious. Touching wood before a penalty or free kick, players who wear the same socks, players running on to the pitch and crossing their hearts, etc.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Have we hit the hat trick of apologies from Webb yet?

Wonder if we could exchange them for triple points like Tesco club card vouchers.
We’ve already had three, could well be 4 after Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom