Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict thread

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think something needs doing about the serious time wasting tactics.If a player(non head injury) just sits down play should not be stopped until ball goes out of play unless they were hurt in a foul tackle.
Another thing they should do like Rugby - play on around the player and the medic. Only stop the game for a head injury or if a stretcher is needed.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly dreadful set of results and game.

Lack of striker and focal point strikes again.
And it’s becoming increasingly clear that Diego Costa is not that striker.

And I never doubted for a minute that he wouldn’t be!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday was the worse day of my life.

After the game I went to pick up my dad to bring him to my house for his tea. Unfortunately, I found him dead on the floor of his kitchen.

Many of you were kind enough to send best wishes when I lost my mom in December. Her passing was expected, but my dad at 86 appeared fit and well and it was such a shock, I am in bits.

It's just a reminder to all of us that football is not life or death, family and friends are what are important.
Sorry for your loss mate.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sort of knew when I saw the midfield three today that we could be in trouble. Moutinho as an attacking midfield central and Nunes playing invisible man when he wasnt giving the ball away said it all. This midfield three cannot be used again. End the Moutinho attacking midfield experiment please and Nunes needs dropping.

After the game I went to pick up my dad to bring him to my house for his tea. Unfortunately, I found him dead on the floor of his kitchen.

Many of you were kind enough to send best wishes when I lost my mom in December. Her passing was expected, but my dad at 86 appeared fit and well and it was such a shock, I am in bits.

It's just a reminder to all of us that football is not life or death, family and friends are what are important.

It's just a reminder to all of us that football is not life or death, family and friends are what are

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Cannock.

I hope that in time, you are able to find comfort in the many happy memories you will have created and shared together.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am sorry to hear that mate. May he rest in peace.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to hear mate

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo as I pointed out in my reaction post last night, had probably his best game in a Wolves shirt for 30-35 mins. But therein lies the issue, he was anonymous and at times couldn't trap a ball after that.

As soon as Traore went off Semedo reverted to the not-very-good version of himself. He is better coming inside and having someone on the outside of him. Sarabia kept coming inside when he first switched to the right, so Semedo found himself coming inside with his only options a short, difficult pass to a player within a yard or two that Bournemouth could intercept easily.

The decision to bring Costa on so late after it clearly wasn't working with Cunha making runs that nobody spotted, then dropping deep to get on the ball but being defended against easily, was baffling, especially when Lopetegui changed it last week to such good effect. I'll give Julen credit when it's due, and he has a fair bit in the bank so far, but he also has to take the blame as well.

And anyone who thinks Solanke is rubbish needs to give their head a wobble. He may not be technically gifted, but he runs the channels and plays the percentages well enough to score and assist in a team with little creative spark far better than other players of his ilk, such as Wood and Bamford. I'd take him at Wolves all day every day, not that that is particularly high praise.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crikey, that puts things into perspective !!

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this most difficult time my friend.
You're right, family are more important. I don't have both my folks and brother anymore and I miss them dearly.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

So sorry to hear this condolences to you all

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's just a reminder to all of us that football is not life or death, family and friends are what aHeartfelt condolences mate!re important.

So sad to hear that Cannock.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So sorry for your loss mate.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Absolutely devastating for you. My sincere condolences to you.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

So so sorry for your loss @cannockwolves thoughts are with you x

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Sarabia ran into Podence and not surprisingly, Podence stayed down and started rolling around, I was screaming at my tele, "Get up you little soft faker, time is running out!!!" I'm sure someone yelled at him and surprise, surprise, he sprung right up and continued playing as if nothing happened.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Feel for you, stay strong.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry mate just take one day at a time and try to remember the good times

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

So sorry. Sending lots of love your way. I have had losses recently that have also put football into perspective, but in some of those times,football, the football community, and even posters on here have given me comfort in difficult times and provided momentary uplifts and welcome distraction. Thinking of you.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had Neto booked at Saints and a member of the backroom staff booked yesterday. Neither appeared to have any identification showing. How the hell do the refs actually know who they have booked.
Do they just guess as they're good at that.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Must have been such a shock for you as well. I know it's little comfort, but he probably went quickly, which is all any of us can ask.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

It's a few years now since I lost my Dad (thankfully not in quite such traumatic circumstances) and I still miss him all the time, but particularly when Wolves have had a good win he's not around to enjoy. My sincere condolances to you, I hope you have the support around you to get your through.

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going in to the stadium yesterday I just wasn't that confident quite a few were convinced we'd beat them comfortable but I kept saying as **** as Bournemouth are they are quite organized and don't really get battered regularly.

Total smash and grab, from the off the Tempo was good but after about 30 minutes it just got slower and slower we rarely troubled Neto throughout the game.

As much as I love Moutinho he should not be starting it just isn't working under Julen for him.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So sorry to read this Cannock. Not sure what to say further....

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JayJay l agree much of that post. However, l wonder where (you say Molineux) you were when you saw Southampton score their winning goal.... Wolves were playing Bournemouth...
@WickedWolfie apologies for the mistake putting Southampton I have edited that post and changed it to Bournemouth of which I meant of course :mad:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was actually very pleased with the first 30 mins or so. We dominated midfield, defence was untroubled. Then the feeling of "we've been here before .." , realising that for all that, we hadn't created much.

Second half, absolute reversion to the average we've seen for a long time. Looked slow, turgid and clueless in the same way we have for 4 managers now. Eg the Albion match and many others. Thought we'd put that behind us , which makes it more disappointing.

It's more the manner of the performance. Creating nothing clear cut as we've seen so often. I thought midfield was fine, not sure why moutinho is getting singled out so much. The blame is with the forwards. The number of times the ball was bouncing around their area, especially first half, any decent striker with a bit of physicality would have for one. But we won nothing. Every time, cleared by a defender, then the 2nd ball won by another Bournemouth player .

Having said midfield was fine, they provide little support. As usual, we had only 1 or 2 players in their area. Contrast forests goal v City, they have 5 players in the City area, in open play! And this at the end of a match. It's getting despairing now that we do that almost never. The lack of physicality up front was clear as day. As was the lack of mobility in midfield.

It's all about scraping to safety and we still are just about clear. And perhaps we've learnt that while a good manager, JL is not a miracle worker and can't turn us into what we are not.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. What a terrible shock. Sincere condolences to you and yours. May he RIP.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So sorry to hear that mate.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was actually very pleased with the first 30 mins or so. We dominated midfield, defence was untroubled. Then the feeling of "we've been here before .." , realising that for all that, we hadn't created much.

Second half, absolute reversion to the average we've seen for a long time. Looked slow, turgid and clueless in the same way we have for 4 managers now. Eg the Albion match and many others. Thought we'd put that behind us , which makes it more disappointing.

It's more the manner of the performance. Creating nothing clear cut as we've seen so often. I thought midfield was fine, not sure why moutinho is getting singled out so much. The blame is with the forwards. The number of times the ball was bouncing around their area, especially first half, any decent striker with a bit of physicality would have for one. But we won nothing. Every time, cleared by a defender, then the 2nd ball won by another Bournemouth player .

Having said midfield was fine, they provide little support. As usual, we had only 1 or 2 players in their area. Contrast forests goal v City, they have 5 players in the City area, in open play! And this at the end of a match. It's getting despairing now that we do that almost never. The lack of physicality up front was clear as day. As was the lack of mobility in midfield.

It's all about scraping to safety and we still are just about clear. And perhaps we've learnt that while a good manager, JL is not a miracle worker and can't turn us into what we are not.
Didn't see the match, so not commenting on specifics, but Wolves in general.

We don't have physicality up front and it's something we as fans have been crying out for, for ages. We bought Sasa, but most understood this was a risk that bit us within a few moments of him starting for us.
As for JL being a good manager but not a miracle worker; that is of course true, but he's been backed like no other manager before. He's brought in 6 players and must have realised that goal scoring has been a problem with Wolves in the past and this season in particular. One assumes that he's brought in Cunha, Sarabia and the others to remedy this in the way that he sees fit. I.E. without the physicality that you mention, otherwise, why not bring in the forward presence that a lot of fans were calling for! He chose either not to, or couldn't.
Loppy has his players (or at least more than half a team's worth), so must get them scoring. He did so against Liverpool and Saints, but also must do against the Bournemouths and 'teams at the bottom', otherwise we're stuffed.
We can't be what were not, but Loppy is building us into the team that he thinks we can become. Results will tell whether this is enough!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
cannockwolves said:

So sorry for your loss, CW. Condolences to you and your family.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we dominated first half but we never looked like getting that all important goal and once they'd scored we seemed to shrink into our shells - which was deflating to say the least after our recent weeks exploits.

Goals change games and had we of gotten one, especially first half, I'm sure we'd have gone on to have won but sadly I don't think we'd have scored if we'd still been playing now.

There were some creditable performances but also some disappointments including Nunes (it's now a few below performances on the bounce for him after he'd seemed to have turned a corner post-restart) and Cunha (appreciate he may not be a 9 which I would expect to reflect in his runs and movement, however thought his touch and decision making was very poor).

Also thought it was the first game in which any of JL's substitutions failed to have an impact (most of the lads that came on I thought were poor).

Shame as a win would have put us in a really good position but I think we're now under pressure to get at least a point on Friday night.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very sorry to hear this, must be a terrible shock. Best wishes to you & your close ones.

greg

Reaction score
Condolences Cannockwolves,best wishes to you and your family in these difficult times.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put this disappointing result, for 2 reasons.
1. The referee wrong decision to show second yellow to Lemina, in the match against Southampton. Thus he deprived Wolves from having the required intensity in our play, when playing such teams, who just park their bus in their penalty area.

2. Second issue, I place it at the door of our manager. Against teams below the 8th place in the table, we need to play with much higher intensity, but one cannot have intensity in one's play, with Joao Mothinio in the midfield. In such matches he should be a substitute, and if Wolves go in front, then he is introduce to hold the ball as much as possible.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Saddened to hear that Cannock... RIP

Back
Top Bottom