Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread

B

Battleship

I am disgusted. Wolves were MASSIVELY better than Everton - and should have won.

Yes - Everton were lucky to score two spectacular, undefendable goals.

However - in reality Wolves had very few shots on goal on target. Everton defended in large numbers - and our two tactics - left wing to Jarvis and high balls into the box - simply didn't work.

Guedioura was not good enough to start - he needed more time.

After all this time, Elokobi is STILL displaying consistently poor distribution. For goodness sake - teach him to make short passes or something.

The verdict: MM was out-thought by David Moyes. MM has lost too many games by being out-thought - and the problem will never go away as long as he is the manager.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively better than Everton, ?

Don't forget we were playing Everton reserves today and they saw us off without breaking sweat.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are a better team than us and they have a MUCH better defence than us.

The fact that they scored two screamers doesn't hurt them either...

We're not down yet but today was certainly a nail in the coffin.

T

Toon Wolf

We looked a side completely devoid of confidence and ideas. On the evidence of that display, we are going down. No fight, no response after half time. Shocking. There wasn't a player out there who deserved more than a 3 or 4 out of 10 for their performance. Henry, Elokobi, Stearman and Jarvis were the worst of a bad bunch and get a 1/10 from me.

G

George Berry's Afro

Nonsense - by far our best player.

Sorry you're wrong. It was so obvious after 20 mins that we needed width. Hammill should have come on then and pressed home the advantage we had at that point. Because I've been at the match I haven't heard was Ebanks-Blake injured? I bloody hope so because if not that was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen (and I will declare now that I'm a bid McCarthy fan). Might as well have been in the pub for the 2nd half because it was a none event.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking performance with one or two glimmers of light. In fairness I also thought we may have to go 4-4-2 initially although against my instincts as SEB struggled up front on his own but looking at the last two matches, the worst back line in the division needs more protection. We need to start with our best players and that includes Milijas. Jarvis must never take another corner.

Hennessey: Some great stops but still learning the game. Beaten at the near post for the first goal 7
Foley: Gave the ball away or played people into trouble throughout. After a good start is struggling badly. 3
Stearman: All over the place positionally but did get some tackles in 4
Berra: His head has completely gone, badly needs a rest. 1
Elokobi: Seems to fall asleep and lose his winger. May be better in the centre. 3
Henry: Cannot do the midfield holding on his own as asked to. No-one seems to be talking and gets caught in possession. Not all his fault 5
O'Hara: Average, tried a nfew things but badly at fault for the breakaway goal 6
Guedioura: Our best player, great to see him back. Tackles tricks great shot just wide MOM 8
Jarvis: Absolute pants throughout. I would start with Hammill or play him up front. If his fullback is quick Jarvis has zip to offer. Coaching on corners from Kennedy is not working. 1
SEB: Looking really sharp till he went off injured 7
Fletcher: Don't expect to see him in a Wolves shirt again 1

Subs:

Kites: Worked hard trying to get fit
Milijas: Should have started, got into good positions
Hammill: A much better player than Jarvis who is taking his natural position

Hopefully we will still be in with a chance after the next two weeks. Mick needs to re-think the defence and bring someone in alongside Henry, Mancienne perhaps. Berra and Stearman are not working and if Mouyokolo is fit he should replace Foley.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smashed them for 25 minutes. Played really well, it just wouldn't go in. Then they scored massively against the run of play, but we came back at them again. Then they scored the second, our heads went down and it was game over from then.

Was SEB injured? I hope so because he was head and shoulders better than Fletcher. Didn't deserve to go off. I don't know what Mick was doing towards the end, but it was a joke. No strikers, no shape etc.

I can still take positives from those great first 25 mins, but we are in big, big trouble.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr

Sorry you're wrong. It was so obvious after 20 mins that we needed width. Hammill should have come on then and pressed home the advantage we had at that point. Because I've been at the match I haven't heard was Ebanks-Blake injured? I bloody hope so because if not that was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen (and I will declare now that I'm a bid McCarthy fan). Might as well have been in the pub for the 2nd half because it was a none event.

Ebanks-Blake's hamstring's gone according to Sky,more good news.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beaten by a mediocre mid table nothing to play for reserve side who hardly broke sweat.
We were gutless, toothless, dross, in fact classic mid table Championship fodder.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
o hara was $$$$e for some 1 who is supposed to be the saviour he was absolutely awful. george cant pass. berra/stears awful no communication.foley had his worst game ever.henry not good enough.jarvo was pants.gued tried to get us going.seb looked good before there goals and injured. fletch was $$$$.kites did try so did hammill and nenad they shud av started.

team for the next game should be
marcus
moyokolo jody berra mancienne
hammill henry nenad jarvis
gued
fletch/anyone else that can actually score goals

we are $$$$ thats it we cant pass,defend, score goals nothing
we are going down and thats it the coaching side of our club is $$$$ and the tactics are $$$$

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton were poor today. They didn't need to be any better than that because we were so complacent and lazy. The defence, as a whole, were a shambles of the highest order. Henry was invisible, O'Hara rubbish, Jarvis the worst I've ever seen him. Gued looked OK but never match fit. Kightly was painfully out of position. SEB was good until he came off and Fletch bad.
Bad day for the team and Mick. Admittedly good goals from Everton, but they should never have had the opportunity.
We're probably going down.

M

MonkeySpanner

Only positive today was having Guediioura back who was actually our best player.

To loose to a patched up Everton side pretty much sums it up. Our run in was one of the easiest out of those around us and we've been shown up for what we are, a team that can't score or defend. I'm sorry but Mick has had three years to sort our defense out and has not. What makes it even worse is that he was a talented defender himself so if there is one area he should know it's that.

He will only stay because we won't be able to attract a decent manager while back in the mire of the Championship. We'll be back to rebuilding as some of our players will obviously be gone to other teams.

Personally I'm with go at the end of the season even if we stay up Mick and let a new manager come in and build the side he wants. Oh! And please take clipboard with you.

And for those who slag my opinion off because Micks your savor, well it's all about opinions and those are mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I quite like the 4 6 formation. 2 out and out wingers. 1 holding. 1 playmaker. 1 box to box. And 1 floating around. If fletcher and blake play like that We have no option.

L

luckyjim

A truly sobering and inept performance against an Everton reserve side. Sometimes, epithets stick to teams fairly or unfairly, but surely the view of Wolves being a spirited and hard working side has been obliterated.

We are not spirited in the true sense of the word; in those games that have mattered, we have been utterly spineless and lacking in mental resolve. Teams which have courage and resolve simply don't lose 18 times in a season. What is perhaps worse, has been the sense of complacency building behind the scenes, as if going down can simply be written off as some re-building exercise or grand masterplan. Make no mistake, after this performance, there's only one place we are heading, but such an eventuality shouldn't be tolerated.

As far back as October/November, there were ominous signs of what was to come with McCarthy at the helm. What is utterly disgraceful, is the opinion of many on this forum that relegation can be written off as some hard luck story, or as a measure of financial astuteness in the face of premier league profligacy. Has anyone thought of the amount we stand to lose if we get relegated? The fact we registered bumper profits last season, might just have because of our premier league status. I'm afraid much of our misfortunes this season can be directly attributed to the back-slapping, self congratulating, 3 M's triumvirate, and the suspicion that failure has been tolerated. Funny how, redrow have got the contract for the rebuilding of molineux.

Some people have allowed sentimentality for a manager to blind their perspective. Players and managers are merely transitory; by being relegated, MM has simply cancelled out his achievements here. The fortunes of the club and it's position in the league are what counts; it is not about individuals. Every apologist for MM should look at themselves in the mirror, look at how Albion acted decisively against the possiblity of failure, and question whether they have truly considered the interests of Wolves as a football club.

D

Deleted member 3604

We floated like bees and stung like butterflies. One of the most lackluster, powderpuff and utterly clueless performances we'll get. We couldn't pass, couldn't control a ball, couldn't shoot - we couldn't do anything.

Plenty of possession first twenty but no clear cut chances. No method, no creativity, no guile, no spark just a feeling of lets give it to Jarvo and see what he can do. Smart play from Everton who despite missing six of their first team and Phil Neville in midfield were never in any danger. They controlled midfield and could quite happily spend all day heading and clearing Jarvo's crosses.

I can only pick Hennessey and maybe SEB who did anything positive. He too SEB off ?? Why ?? The rest were absolutely shocking. Elokobi for his muscles hasn't got one inside his skull - He was shocking. Fletcher was diabolical and between them O'Hara, Henry and the very unready Guediora looked like they'd been smoking pot all night. Henry couldn't lead a chihuahua today, few swivels and that was it. Even Foley went AWOL.

Awful. I feel sick after watching that. Two pathetic performances and some hard work needed on that training ground else we won't get another point this season. A technically predictable disaster from the minute the ref blew the whistle.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Talking to an Everton fan after the game. He said they were all shocked how they could play so bad and get the result. Says it all.

We were never going to score today. We should have had the game won before they scored. Far too many individual bad displays.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are faggots mentally.

As soon as we are expected to get something,we implode.

Our run in will see us comfortably relegated for this reason.We'd be better off playing Man Utd 6 times when our shrinking violets(bless 'em) can play professional football without any pressure.

S

Smifffy58

Mick to blame

Mick has to go
George was awful last week and still gets
At least when we play Stephen Ward we play football down the left.
No one can honestly think we can stay up on this display?

D

Deleted member 3604

I am disgusted. Wolves were MASSIVELY better than Everton - and should have won.

No chance. Everton were the Cobra that watched us flapping and floundering then pounced. They were by far the better team and all credit to them. Heitinga was superb.

M

Mr Wolf

Mines the same as last week, embarrassing $$$$ing embarrassing. 3-0 down again to a team missing 4/5 of their best players.

1 man team or what, get $$$$ed the rest of you and $$$$ off back to the championship where you belong.

B

Bostin

The most worrying thing today was how we totally collapsed after conceding the first goal. We've looked like a beaten team the last 2 weeks. I thought confidence was supposed to be high?

B

Burlton Wolf

shocking result, a real kick in the teeth....started ok but were are too brittle, as soon as they scored we imploded. The defence was a shambles....no fight, no creativity, no bottle, no metal toughness.....when are we going to start battling against the teams around us? - do the players not have the mental strength for the fight? - it seems when the pressue is on against a team who we should get something from we bottle it...............everton had alot of injuries but still saw us off, even with a below strength team....the second half reminded me of a pre-season game in sunny august!!

very worrying result and leaves us again relying on other teams to keep us in the hunt :mad:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most worrying thing today was how we totally collapsed after conceding the first goal. We've looked like a beaten team the last 2 weeks. I thought confidence was supposed to be high?

Lack of decent leadership on the pitch. Henry is no leader and has been poor since he came back from injury but never gets dropped or subbed.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the best, most accurate, posts I have ever read on here.
A truly sobering and inept performance against an Everton reserve side. Sometimes, epithets stick to teams fairly or unfairly, but surely the view of Wolves being a spirited and hard working side has been obliterated.

We are not spirited in the true sense of the word; in those games that have mattered, we have been utterly spineless and lacking in mental resolve. Teams which have courage and resolve simply don't lose 18 times in a season. What is perhaps worse, has been the sense of complacency building behind the scenes, as if going down can simply be written off as some re-building exercise or grand masterplan. Make no mistake, after this performance, there's only one place we are heading, but such an eventuality shouldn't be tolerated.

As far back as October/November, there were ominous signs of what was to come with McCarthy at the helm. What is utterly disgraceful, is the opinion of many on this forum that relegation can be written off as some hard luck story, or as a measure of financial astuteness in the face of premier league profligacy. Has anyone thought of the amount we stand to lose if we get relegated? The fact we registered bumper profits last season, might just have because of our premier league status. I'm afraid much of our misfortunes this season can be directly attributed to the back-slapping, self congratulating, 3 M's triumvirate, and the suspicion that failure has been tolerated. Funny how, redrow have got the contract for the rebuilding of molineux.

Some people have allowed sentimentality for a manager to blind their perspective. Players and managers are merely transitory; by being relegated, MM has simply cancelled out his achievements here. The fortunes of the club and it's position in the league are what counts; it is not about individuals. Every apologist for MM should look at themselves in the mirror, look at how Albion acted decisively against the possiblity of failure, and question whether they have truly considered the interests of Wolves as a football club.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked like a team out of our depth. This was worse than Wigan, worse than Bolton. This was the worst home display of the season. Yes, we looked competent early on and needed a goal. Then we stopped looking competent and started to look outclassed by an average side. The movement upfront was poor, the quality of the final ball was lacking and we slowly but surely fell apart.

Everton scored 3 goals. We lost and the Albion are on the way to safety.

End of verdict.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
No confidence and out of ideas.

The writing's on the wall.

D

Deleted member 3604

Have to say. Bottle and hard work is not a fair description of Mick's team at all. I can't let Mick shoulder all the blame for today but I dread to think what the midfield and strikers were instructed to do offensively.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A team that concedes so many crucial late goals and loses so many games has not got much bottle.

We need to sign 2 or 3 real leaders in the Summer regardless of what division we're in.

Back
Top Bottom