Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread - Everton

E

Edgmond Wolf

What a great point today, did not expect that and was willing the boys on for the last fifteen minutes to hold out - a bit like old times!

Final home match of the season and was really looking forward to the banter

Scores on the doors

Doris - 7 - Solid handling, comes for the ball, commands his box. Did well today.

Zubar - 6 - Good performance by Zubes, good going forward leaves gaps at the back but like his commitment

Stears - 7 - Good commitment, good tackling and brave to boot. Made countless stops and blocks

Berra - 6 - Good performance, commanded the defence well but got injured early on which impaired his speed

Ward - 7 - Better performance from Ward today put his body on the line and made countless blocks

Kites - 6 - Good performance more defensive duties today but did well

Edwards - 6 - Ran his heart out as usual and harried in the centre

Henry - 8 - MOTM - Captains performance, does all the dirty work, was calm in the middle and held us together as Everton started to pile on the pressure

Hunt - 7 - Good effort from Hunt, harried and hasseled for all his worth, good deadballs

Doyle - 6 - another who has improved over the last few games and again defended from the front

Fletcher - 6 - Tried but got crocked early on. Was still the man who threatened to score

Subs

Elokobi - 7 - Came on to much applause and singing and got stuck in and did his job. Another who blocked and headed to keep a clean sheet

SEB - 5 - Came on for Fletcher but struggled to make too much impact

Forde - 6 - Came on for Kites and did a good job. Good to see one of our youngsters on the pitch

TC - Did OK to be honest, has galvanised the team and you can see an improvement in our commitment. Still would like a proper manager but fair play he has improved our play

Ref - Did OK, let the game flow and did not make too many howlers

Crowd - Quiet for long periods and noisy and funny in others. South Bank banter flowing to keep us amused. North Bank corner got animated too which was good to see.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In conclusion: zzzzzzzzz (the game, not your lovely verdict).

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed that you were 2nd in the poster of the season award. If your posts are anything like the rubbish you posted above then those that voted for you must be as deluded as you are. How you can take anything positive out of today's performance? Considering this side has completed 3 seasons in the Prem to put on a performance like that was a disgrace. To a man they were clueless both going forward and when defending. Everton could and should have scored at least 5 and I think we had 1 shot on target. If there is not a radical overhaul of the playing staff in the summer I can see us struggling to finish mid-table next season.

J

johnybig32

KH, head and shoulders above everyone else.

KD looked more like his old self.

Never looked like scoring though. I think Fletcher has forgot how to score with his feet.

Did anyone see the beefcake walking around with whichever team were parading at halftime (not the women). No way he was a footballer.

A

andyc225

Kept a clean sheet, outsang the Scousers. Can't really ask for much more under the circumstances.

J

johnybig32

Just noticed that you were 2nd in the poster of the season award. If your posts are anything like the rubbish you posted above then those that voted for you must be as deluded as you are. How you can take anything positive out of today's performance? Considering this side has completed 3 seasons in the Prem to put on a performance like that was a disgrace. To a man they were clueless both going forward and when defending. Everton could and should have scored at least 5 and I think we had 1 shot on target. If there is not a radical overhaul of the playing staff in the summer I can see us struggling to finish mid-table next season.

Some of it was tongue in cheek. Definitely.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I was disappointed that you did not vote for me!! :D

L

latvija

The defence played with heart and we managed to keep a clean sheet - other than that, not much to get excited about. Certainly not a classic performance from anyone, but that was to be expected.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A clean sheet against a form team in the top 6 is not a bad result to be fair.... However, look at what others in the bottom 6 have done in the last 2 months, and it's clear we are not good enough. TC says we've played some good football in the last 8 games. Well yes, we have (compared with the utter rubbish in the latter MM days and early TC games), but others around us have beaten top 6 teams, and that is why they can still stay up come the final game, and we're rock bottom. All things are relative, and while we have improved, we are no where near good enough to compete in this league, and if things don't change, we'll be lucky to manage mid-table in the Championship. So, I sincerely hope, farewell and good luck TC come next week.

E

Edgmond Wolf

A clean sheet against a form team in the top 6 is not a bad result to be fair.....

This

Everton are always a hard team to beat,,,,,,,they held Man Utd to a 4-4 draw recently too!!

We did well to take a point

H

Hatch End

Everton players were in holiday mood, never bothered to get out of second gear and still could have scored a hat full of goals.

Their skill level was so much better than ours it was embarassing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton players were in holiday mood, never bothered to get out of second gear and still could have scored a hat full of goals.

They do have something to fight for though - finishing above Liverpool. However, like many top 6 teams playing us, they assume it will be a walk over, so mentally remain stuck in cruise and never put their foot down. Those with more clinical finishing will still score a couple or more. That is what was missing today.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Correct, Wolves were very poor, the one with the Afro, fellatiano, aint it was in the thick of everthing.
Slick passing by Everton, we couldnt get near them,

B

Bankswolf II

Considering I was in the SB I am still under the impression we won 2-0

A typical end of season game where no one really looked like they had the cutting edge to knick it, Everton in the first half showed the amazing pass and move football that is at least 5 years ahead of us, Wolves showed a great deal of huff and puff Fletcher looked out of sorts though that must be down to injury, Henry was for me would have took MOM if it wasn't for possibly my favourite cameo of the season in George Elokobi, he looked immense and I love the bicycle kick clearance what are they feeding them up in forest?

The rest of them sort of blended into a field of medocrity, David Edwards deserve special mention for offering next to nothing still cracking win!

E

Edgmond Wolf

Considering I was in the SB I am still under the impression we won 2-0

A typical end of season game where no one really looked like they had the cutting edge to knick it, Everton in the first half showed the amazing pass and move football that is at least 5 years ahead of us, Wolves showed a great deal of huff and puff Fletcher looked out of sorts though that must be down to injury, Henry was for me would have took MOM if it wasn't for possibly my favourite cameo of the season in George Elokobi, he looked immense and I love the bicycle kick clearance what are they feeding them up in forest?

The rest of them sort of blended into a field of medocrity, David Edwards deserve special mention for offering next to nothing still cracking win!

We did win 2 - 0 :D

Big George did do really well, loved his attitude and love the way that he always applauds the fans at the end

A

andyc225

I thought Fellaini looked like a walking hedge. I was about to report him to the council for being overgrown when I got home.

L

luckyjim

It would be difficult to draw conclusions as both teams had nothing to play for. It's only under the context of pressure where you can make a clear judgement on the quality of a performance. Even allowing for a relative Sunday stroll in the park, our midfield still lacks quality. Henry shows that he doesn't have the imagination for the Premier League and Edwards is out of his depth. Ward showed why he is better suited to a forward role with a few deft touches and surging runs - he clearly looked like a born forward today. Hunt was ineffectual and kightly I thought lacked conviction when we broke. Although Doyle and Fletcher put in determined performances we still lack too much pace up front to cause defences problems. All in all, competent defensively but all to lacking in imagination attacking.

E

Edgmond Wolf

It would be difficult to draw conclusions as both teams had nothing to play for. It's only under the context of pressure where you can make a clear judgement on the quality of a performance. Even allowing for a relative Sunday stroll in the park, our midfield still lacks quality. Henry shows that he doesn't have the imagination for the Premier League and Edwards is out of his depth. Ward showed why he is better suited to a forward role with a few deft touches and surging runs - he clearly looked like a born forward today. Hunt was ineffectual and kightly I thought lacked conviction when we broke. Although Doyle and Fletcher put in determined performances we still lack too much pace up front to cause defences problems. All in all, competent defensively but all to lacking in imagination attacking.

Most of those comments are fair Jim, we do lack the Premier League quality. However we were playing one of the inform teams who are pushing to beat their neighbours. So fair play to our team too they kept a clean sheet and did us proud

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last on match of the day do we reckon?

L

liquidatorwolf

Edgmond did put a positive spin on things, but what's the point in complaining now? I guess.

How would playing staff to that extent affect whether we are a High flying promotion candidate or a mediocre mid table side?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Edgmond did put a positive spin on things, but what's the point in complaining now? I guess.

How would playing staff to that extent affect whether we are a High flying promotion candidate or a mediocre mid table side.

I like being positive :D

NorthNorfolkWolf likes being negative :D

Opposites attract?? Why didnt he vote for me? :D

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have seen some dross this season.
Have to say that topped it.
With all the players comments during the week saying this was for the fans, well if that was for us I'm just astounded.

Poor on the ball
Poor off the ball
Poor in defense (well nothing new there)
Poor in midfield
Poor up front, not one shot on target (well nothing new there)

In short that non game summed up the season for me.

Luckily the vocals in the South Bank stopped me from falling asleep.:D

D

Deleted member 3751

Verdict - it was bloody rubbish!

One shot on target between the two teams, Everton were clearly the better side, ref was a bit poor and.our MOTM I have to give to Doyle. Henry also had a decent game.

J

johnybig32

They have some quality players. Fellani, Jelavic and Pienaar all stood out for me.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have some quality players. Fellani, Jelavic and Pienaar all stood out for me.

After all the hype I was really looking forward to seeing Jelavic too.
Did he play?

J

johnybig32

Did you not see his movement?

His goal in the first half wasnt offside too.

J

johnybig32

I did think Big George scared the $$$$ out of him however!

S

Space Wolf

I thought his movement was terrific. A class above everyone else on the pitch.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you not see his movement?

His goal in the first half wasnt offside too.

Who are you on about with movement?
Surely not that static number 7, who when he did move kept giving us goal kicks!
That number 7 was offside in my opinion and for once the officials agreed with me :D

J

JR's Boots

Not one shot on target by Wolves and once again the lack of movement and quality in midfield was clear to see. Hunt protected Ward better than Jarvis but offers little going foward. Edwards is a complete waste of space and Stearman error prone as usual but this time got away with it.

Everton were light years ahead of us in terms of virtually very meaningful facet of football but didn't take their chances.

Through the injury to Berra there was a short moment when we had a better line up with Zubar at CH and Henry at RB. Henry would be a superb RB and that should be his natural position. We looked better when Elokobi came on at CH, again a better position for him.

If we had Henry at RB, Zubar, Elokobi at CH and a new LB we would have a defence to get promotion.

The key as ever is to get Connor out of the club so a new manager and coacing team can stop picking the wrong players in the wrong positions.

Thankyou the Soutbank for stopping me fall asleep. Oh and the post match ceremony matched the incompetence and mismanagment of the rest of the season.

R

RichDavi

Not one shot on target by Wolves and once again the lack of movement and quality in midfield was clear to see. Hunt protected Ward better than Jarvis but offers little going foward. Edwards is a complete waste of space and Stearman error prone as usual but this time got away with it.

Everton were light years ahead of us in terms of virtually very meaningful facet of football but didn't take their chances.

Through the injury to Berra there was a short moment when we had a better line up with Zubar at CH and Henry at RB. Henry would be a superb RB and that should be his natural position. We looked better when Elokobi came on at CH, again a better position for him.

If we had Henry at RB, Zubar, Elokobi at CH and a new LB we would have a defence to get promotion.

The key as ever is to get Connor out of the club so a new manager and coacing team can stop picking the wrong players in the wrong positions.

Thankyou the Soutbank for stopping me fall asleep. Oh and the post match ceremony matched the incompetence and mismanagment of the rest of the season.

Henry hasn't played RB in years and is doing fine at DM. Why on earth do people insist on bringing up this possibility?

Anyway, I'm also interested to see more of Elokobi at left sided Centre Back

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's a shockingly out of position defence

Back
Top Bottom