Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Swindon 1 - 4 Wolves (FT)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Swindon Town 1 - 4 Wolves

Post your Match Reports and Player Ratings here.
This thread is for verdicts on the game and your player ratings. Please help to keep this thread on topic.

Summary: A header from Sako gets us off to a great start. Dicko scores yet another goal for Wolves to double Wolves' lead, and then Sako breaks the offside trap to finish easily and make it 3-0 in the first half.
Swindon Town came back into the game and a goal to make it 3-1 gave them a glimmer of hope, before substitute Leon Clarke weaved through the Swindon defense and make it a record-breaking nine victories in a row.

Manager quotes:

Mark Cooper:

Kenny Jackett:

Wolves: Ikeme; Ricketts Batth Stearman Golbourne; Price McDonald; Henry Jacobs Sako; Dicko.

Subs: McCarey, Elokobi, Ebanks-Landell, Doherty, Edwards, McAlinden, Clarke.

Swindon: Belford, Byrne, Ward, Branco, McEveley, Kasim, Luongo, Harley, Pritchard, N'Guessan, Smith M.

Subs: Bedwell, Barthram, Smith A, Gladwin, Thompson L, Barker, Randall.

Date: 08/11/2014
Venue: County Ground
Referee: Lee Collins
Attendance: 9,270

Newspapers:

Express and star

Video:

Links:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SedgleyWolf93

Just brilliant. Wish I could of made it tonight. Roll on Saturday!!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we ever scored so many away goals? Next up- the taming of the Shrews!

J

Jungleee

Second half was all Swindon. Good response from Leon to the abuse he was getting.

Dangerous Dave needs to be put down.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win, but we have to concentrate. 9 wins on the trot and we still have 2 teams breathing down our necks. Nothing has been achieved yet. These two may not go away this season.

J

johnybig32

Great win, but we have to concentrate. 9 wins on the trot and we still have 2 teams breathing down our necks. Nothing has been achieved yet. These two may not go away this season.

My thoughts exactly.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just seen the goals. What a ball from Sako for Dicko's goal.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the goals.

Great foot work by Dicko and Clarke for their goals. How do you defend against that?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

They'll be gasping and faltering come the home-stretch.....the searing pace will kill them.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
They were all quality goals imo!

Absolutely. Great cross from Henry for the first. Fantastic ball from Sako and great footwork and finish from Dicko for the second. Like a hot knife through butter for the third. And Leon slaloming through and finishing from an acute angle for the fourth.

All excellent!

H

Hathwolves

Just got home. First half, punished all the home mistakes and looked like we could've had 4/5. Second half was all swindon- everything went through Pritchard their number 11. Clarke finished our best move of the second half with a great finish. For some reason, I thought their number 29 got booked twice- once for falling over and the other for clattering Sako.
Great to be record breakers, but they need a rocket from Kenny for switching off that 2nd half. Worst we've looked for a while.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Great cross from Henry for the first. Fantastic ball from Sako and great footwork and finish from Dicko for the second. Like a hot knife through butter for the third. And Leon slaloming through and finishing from an acute angle for the fourth.

All excellent!

A great time to be a Wolves supporter! :D

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clarke's goal looked like a playstation goal when you're playing against an older relative who isn't quite sure of the controls.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got home. First half, punished all the home mistakes and looked like we could've had 4/5. Second half was all swindon- everything went through Pritchard their number 11. Clarke finished our best move of the second half with a great finish. For some reason, I thought their number 29 got booked twice- once for falling over and the other for clattering Sako.
Great to be record breakers, but they need a rocket from Kenny for switching off that 2nd half. Worst we've looked for a while.

Listen to yourself! :D

M

Mr Wolf

The first goal seemed like Henry had about 10 seconds to look up & pick his spot but the other 3 all had a touch of quality about them. Swindon's goal was also very well taken.

Clean sheet away from home has gone but we can still break another record.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

9 straight wins is a fantastic achievement. Jackett and the players have done an incredible job over the last few months and given the fans a team to be proud of again.

Any other season we'd be home and hosed by now. However, if Brentford and Orient keep up their current pts/game totals, we still need another 19 points from the last 12 games for automatic promotion and 23 from 12 to be champions. Far from easy and still a lot of hard work ahead. A couple of defeats or injuries and suspensions and things cld start looking a lot different.

Anyway, let's hope the bearded wanderers can make it 10 in a row on Sat and keep their eyes on the prize!

B

BigBadWolf

Excellent night! Very efficient first half, and on the the second foot for the majority of the second. Difficult getting many songs going in the Arkells stand though.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent night! Very efficient first half, and on the the second foot for the majority of the second. Difficult getting many songs going in the Arkells stand though.

roofless stands are $$$$!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What?! I'm being a bit greedy I know, but I want this run to keep going! First half excellent, 2nd half poor. I'll take that as long as we go up!!

Just having a laugh coz we won 4-1! No offence intended!

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Actually, if that was Branco, he'd been showing as on a yellow on the BBC website for some time when he got the yellow for that fracas with Sako. So you may be right! Need to check it out... I thought he would be off at the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the first half of course but can somebody explain what our tactics were in the second when we switched from a slick passing side scoring goals for fun to the hesitant nervous clueless WWFC .

H

Hathwolves

Actually, if that was Branco, he'd been showing as on a yellow on the BBC website for some time when he got the yellow for that fracas with Sako. So you may be right! Need to check it out... I thought he would be off at the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's what came through on sky sports app too. Couldn't quite see from my position (in the disabled dugout!), but sweat he was booked with dicko.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the first half of course but can somebody explain what our tactics were in the second when we switched from a slick passing side scoring goals for fun to the hesitant nervous clueless WWFC .

I wasn't at the game but at a guess the tactic was to put as little effort in as possible without risking the result baring in mind we have a lot of games coming up.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't at the game but at a guess the tactic was to put as little effort in as possible without risking the result baring in mind we have a lot of games coming up.

I suppose so and presumably under instruction from KJ. But it made for horrible watching.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose so and presumably under instruction from KJ. But it made for horrible watching.

I can image :D

Seen this type of tactic so many times from many clubs. It's frustrating but understandable I guess

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just back. Firstly nice to meet Tara and spend some time with him.
Match itself, our attacking 1st half was awesome. 2nd half we sat back and let them play. We could have been punished - it would have been very nervy if the one that hit the post had gone in. That second half was as bad as I've seen us for a while.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half we became complacent especially Henry who had abit of a mare second half.
Surprised KJ didnt freshen it up earlier than he did as Swindon controlled second half without creating too many chances. Clarke took his chance very well tonight.

leominster wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Think that's as good of a 1st half I've seen us play.Crisp
Passing good movement & fantastic possession & counter attacking football.Second half allowed them too much time on ball & they started to build in confidence.So glad the header hit bar cause felt they would of got another it was all Swindon in that period.Nice to see Leon get his 1st goal since coming back thought he played well when brought on put some good tackles in held ball up well & took his goal well. I'd hate McDonald or Price to get injured & have to watch Edwards thought he gave ball away far too easily & ran round like a headless chicken as per usual when he was brought on.What a fantastic achievement of 9 wins in a row. Congratulations Kenny Jacket & team been a pleasure to watch team develop COYW!!!

Back
Top Bottom