Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict - Norwich

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I also noticed it! Not too mention that this free kick was very soft, Kilman barely touched the guy in his shoulder.
Was absolutely idiotic from Kilman. Putting your hands on a player you deserve what you get

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the duck would he play the same 3 in midfield again against the leagues worst side???

At least go 3-4-3 where we are some ways decent.

Big Bruno fan but he ****ed that up big time.

Positive chicinho is the only winger we have that can cross a half decent ball

Rugrats

Reaction score
That's on Fosun, Jeff, and Sellars.

People on here justified the **** poor transfer window by using the FA cup as an excuse - "we're more likely to qualify for Europe via the cup than being competitive in the league".

There's no justification for the state of our squad.

One dimensional.
No game changers.

4 seasons in a row where we struggle to break down teams that sit back and let us have the ball in midfield because Neves, Donck and Moutinho are all to ponderous and don't probe.
Spot on but so many on here believe spending money to strengthen the squad isn't the answer !! 3 shots on target at home to ****ing Norwich ?!?!

We have just 19 players in the squad I believe - incl ONE striker who's not firing. Silva is getting carried every game, get him out on loan at a lower level so someone can teach him where the net is. Podence my god loses possession so often. Semedo again our stand out player, but his back must be killing him with all the carrying he's doing! Without him it's a worrying view.

Stunning transfer window producing entirely predictable results. You get what you pay for and we paid nothing!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Poor performance and depressing result. Not sure the break has done us any good, we looked good in our unbeaten 2022 run, but were very disjointed today. Before we broke up the last few weeks I was worried it would slow our momentum.

Not sure why a number of posters are blaming this on the January transfer window though. Minus Adama, it's pretty much the same squad that got us wins against Manchester United, Sheffield United, Southampton and Brentford. We have a bad home cup game against a team we're expected to beat, which has happened many times, and suddenly it's because of the January transfer window? Not having that. Still, crap today.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is saying that Fabio and Podence starting was a bad idea? Everyone wanted them to start according to that other thread last week regarding the starting lineup.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first half was almost laughable in how lackadaisically we approached the match.

How many years have we had the full week of "we want to progress, the cup is important" and then strolled on to the field with our reserve keeper, already sending out the signal of this isn't really that important.

And so Lage becomes the 19th consecutive Wolves manager that to date has not bought a major trophy to the club, indeed even led the club out on to the field in a major final.
Give him chance, he has been here 6 months

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Poor performance and depressing result. Not sure the break has done us any good, we looked good in our unbeaten 2022 run, but were very disjointed today. Before we broke up the last few weeks I was worried it would slow our momentum.

Not sure why a number of posters are blaming this on the January transfer window though. Minus Adama, it's pretty much the same squad that got us wins against Manchester United, Sheffield United, Southampton and Brentford. We have a bad home cup game against a team we're expected to beat, which has happened many times, and suddenly it's because of the January transfer window? Not having that. Still, crap today.
Because expecting the same group of players who are nowhere near top 4 quality to keep winning is foolhardy. The big teams do because they have unbelievable players, we can't and anyone who thought grinding out 1-0 wins was sustainable was delusional

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
One of the worst performances in recent years. Having a curry before I drive home as I’m so angry I would probably crash the car.
Same here, we're having something to eat before we travel home, just so we have at least one pleasant experience today! Bad results definitely make the long journeys harder.

T

TheConcourse

We didn’t have a good window but it’s lazy to blame that performance on a bad window. Nearly full strength and well rested. The players weren’t at it at all and should have had way too much quality against a poor side.

Overall: **** 1st half, much better in the 2nd.

Please someone try again to justify Dendoncker. The most pointless footballer I’ve ever seen watching Wolves over 25 years. I once called him the Belgian Dave Edwards, but that’s incredibly harsh on Edwards who at least had some attacking quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugrats

Reaction score
Watching the commentary from 3000 miles away in Cape Verde. Was it as bad as the sky text sounded?
I watched from 6000 miles away and not only had to watch that dross but had to listen to the appalling Alex Scott screeching throughout !!! A nightmare combination !

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha what a gem I picked for my first game to attend. Worst versions of everyone including Bruno, save Ruddy, deserved to lose to a dreadful, and I mean dreadful, Norwich side even if the foul which lead to the goal was never a foul.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just felt like the same sluggish performance that saw us knocked out against Stoke in the league cup last season. This lot just simply aren't up for the cup IMO. Outside for our famous Semi-final run, we've played 14 games and won 6, only one of which was against a Premier League side.

As for today, for the two good saves Ruddy made, again he just watches a looping header drop inside the far post rather than throw at a hand and at least try to stop it. We had a massive, Traore shaped hole in the squad. Fabio Silva continues to pose more questions as to his massive fee than answers. Two up front does little for us.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah today is completely on the players. We rely heavily on Podence ATM. When he doesn't deliver, we struggle badly.

Ref handed them everything (most fitting moment is when he tackled our player at the end). Everyone seemed off it today. No fluidity and a **** ton of pointless hit and hope crosses.

Cup games are always great to win - more so than league games - but once again we seem to flounder in them

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Because expecting the same group of players who are nowhere near top 4 quality to keep winning is foolhardy. The big teams do because they have unbelievable players, we can't and anyone who thought grinding out 1-0 wins was sustainable was delusional
I think it would be a fair point if we struggle to make headway in the league for the rest of season. That could happen. However, losing at home to an absolutely crap and understrength Norwich in the cup in our first post window match is not because we haven't made some stellar signings in the January transfer window though.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, yes it was an insipid performance, there were very few game changing options from the bench and several players just were not effective in moving the ball forward, but it could be worse. We didn’t play extra time, didn’t lose on penalties, didn’t lose to lower league opposition (at least technically and maybe that’s a temporary thing as surely NCFC are heading for relegation).
Just a cup game and anything can happen in knockout football, especially when the manager has only just finished polishing his motm award. I’m a little more concerned about the lack of form for Raul and very poor game changing options for our league games in the next month.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dear Daniel Podence
Stop it. Just bloody well stop it.
In the days of VAR do you seriously think you'll get a penalty with dives like that?
We despise players like Kane, Grealish and Sterling who are always diving, always cheating.
We're Wolves, Daniel. We're better than that.
So stop it. Or take your dives and your fancy flicks somewhere else.
Sincerely
Everyone on the Mix

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Same here, we're having something to eat before we travel home, just so we have at least one pleasant experience today! Bad results definitely make the long journeys harder.
Meetings friends before the game was enjoyable so still a good day but I need some time to calm down, driving in my state of mind after full time didn’t feel sensible.

D

Deleted member (smith)

After the january euphoria this was a real wake up call that few expected…the forward line was totally toothless and failed to score against Norwich for the second time this season.

reality is that we may struggle to hang on to eigth unless Jimenez regains firm and Neto comes back strong.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The failure to sign another grown up central striker is really beginning to bug me. Shi is imv terriffied that his £35m investment is not coming off and that another striker would send him down the pecking order and make Shi look bad with his masters and the supporters.

I like Shi and what he has done for us but I think he made a really bad mistake with Fabio who needs a couple more years hard grind elsewhere to prepare him for the rigours of the Premier League and its tough defenders. He needs a season long loan to learn his trade with a team that will give him a run of games. Shi's ego could cost us a lot more points this season especially as Raul is struggling a bit for now.

Our 8th position in the league is the result of Bruno and the team out-performing despite the lack of reinforcements and support from the Board. Neto and Hwang may save the day but I suspect by the time they are back and really firing there will only be half a dozen matches left this season and Adama's loss will be increasingly felt.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch

Watch it again - Ruddy misjudged that 100%
I’ll have to wait til I get home but seeing it from the stands, it looked to loop off the header at the six yard box and in. Was that not what happened? The error from what I saw was not challenging for that header.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Sad but Raul is going to need to move on.

He’s no longer strong enough to carry our attack on his own. He needs to go a big team somewhere and build himself up from the bench.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Well hopefully if Bruno gives them all a rocket up the back side after that performance then February’s fixtures should be a breeze!?

Not holding my breath though!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I’ll have to wait til I get home but seeing it from the stands, it looked to loop off the header at the six yard box and in. Was that not what happened? The error from what I saw was not challenging for that header.
It was a lucky header. But Ruddy has lead in his shoes. Sa may have done better

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re always crap after a break. Add manager of the month on top of that and there was only going to be one outcome

Rugrats

Reaction score
You're right that's what happened but you can see from Ruddys body language he was watching that go out (so he thought)

Back
Top Bottom