Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VAR decision against us V Luton??

Will VAR go against us V Luton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will tomorrow be another farce from the officials?? Will VAR go against us once more??

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Tim Wood, Mark Scholes.
Fourth official: Tom Bramall.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

Let’s see what the general consensus is

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found myself with a feeling of resignation on Wednesday. Every single time VAR rules against us. The only one I can recall winning was one of the clearest penalties you'll ever see at Southampton though I'm sure there's been a couple of others. The only surprise was the red card wasn't reversed and Doherty sent off!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
If we're going to see the end of VAR all clubs and fans need to be united against it rather than taking the 'its corrupt against us' line. If you say that its a tiny step to that boring line "its not VAR, it's the officials" (which I've never heard anyone who attends matches say, incidentally), which is really advocating for tweaking the status quo when a wholesale removal is needed.

VAR is awful for everyone. It's bigger than just wolves.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're going to see the end of VAR all clubs and fans need to be united against it rather than taking the 'its corrupt against us' line. If you say that its a tiny step to that boring line "its not VAR, it's the officials" (which I've never heard anyone who attends matches say, incidentally), which is really advocating for tweaking the status quo when a wholesale removal is needed.

VAR is awful for everyone. It's bigger than just wolves.
I can name a few clubs & their fans that would like to keep it, and a few more with aspirations to be a top club, but the majority 'should' vote to ditch it. We should be leading the charge, starting with questions to Shi at the next opportunity.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I can name a few clubs & their fans that would like to keep it, and a few more with aspirations to be a top club, but the majority 'should' vote to ditch it. We should be leading the charge, starting with questions to Shi at the next opportunity.
Who would vote to keep it? Not wanting to argue, genuinely interested.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
With respect to the question - yes, probably.
But I am also beyond being interested in the VAR aspect, all that truly matters is the outcome of the decision and the result, the rest is just noise.
Football has always had mistakes and debate over decisions, people simple moved on from them without the unending reruns with 15 different TV angles - we probably just need to get back to concentrating on the man in the middle and bursts of ‘who’s the w***er in the black

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
One of the issues in the ground is that we don't actually know how bad the decisions are. It was a mystery on Wednesday, but I left wondering if maybe Cunha had blocked off Kluivert from closing down the cross and I'd think it was fair enough. But we don't get to see it, we're left maybe getting a message or waiting for the highlights package.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Past caring and couldn’t care less.

What difference is it gong to make about something that is the death knell of the football we were brought up with.

Votes ought to be cast in all Premier League stadiums with fans holding placards as well as on social media.

VAR needs to be binned and the well paid incompetents that operate it need to be binned as well!

Let’s get back to free flowing football, without interference and decent referees, who we can praise and criticise in equal measure.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I think a decision will go against us but I am also past the point of caring. Our season is over, we are safe and quite a few people have said that we could easily lose every remaining match. We just need to get into the transfer window now, might as well have zero matches left because that's all I'm looking at. The sooner we are able to start this rebuild the better.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever anyone scores against us I never get the feeling of it will be OK this will get disallowed but when we score I just always feel there's a good chance its not given, so I don't celebrate anymore when we score, when we do score and the other team kicks back off and it's confirmed we have a goal I've already gone past the point of elation and I just have a feeling of "oh OK we have a goal" VAR has done this to me and alot of others!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I would say is that the refs and VAR continue to find more imaginative and ingenious ways to screw us over so I’m sure there’s a good few variations left in their locker.

If someone would be so kind as to list the different ways we’ve been screwed over that would be interesting (someone with a better memory than me/more time!). Also what other methods haven’t been used yet? Offside by a toe nail while running from his own half sounds a good one..

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I would say is that the refs and VAR continue to find more imaginative and ingenious ways to screw us over so I’m sure there’s a good few variations left in their locker.

If someone would be so kind as to list the different ways we’ve been screwed over that would be interesting (someone with a better memory than me/more time!). Also what other methods haven’t been used yet? Offside by a toe nail while running from his own half sounds a good one..
Waiting for us to get a goal disallowed because the sun was in their keepers eyes

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Car 10 mins , walk 15 mins ......nothing will ever stop me going to home games while I can..,..

Dropped off a bit with away games this season...still done a few but would never miss one previously...The VAR , money , kick off times are all part of the excuse....but still can't see me walking away from those all together as it's as much about the day out and friendship as the actually football...

For me the game is going through a tricky period and hopefully it will sort itself out but the club has been through a lot of tricky periods before...,.can't see me turning me back on it while I'm fit and can afford it really.....nothing else would make me do it because at the end of the day I'm a fan off our club and our town....even if I don't really like the current game in its current format ...

Besides wolves I watch very little other football which is quite reflective off the current situation....

I won't let the Stockley Park Mafia beat me....won't give in that easily...

Last edited:

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Car 10 mins , walk 15 mins ......nothing will ever stop me going to home games while I can..,..

Dropped off a bit with away games this season...still done a few but would never miss one previously...The VAR , money , kick off times are all part of the excuse....but still can't see me walking away from those all together as it's as much about the day out and friendship as the actually football...

For me the game is going through a tricky period and hopefully it will sort itself out but the club has been through a lot of tricky periods before...,.can't see me turning me back on it while I'm fit and can afford it really.....nothing else would make me do it because at the end of the day I'm a fan off our club and our town....even if I don't really like the current game in its current format ...

Besides wolves I watch very little other football which is quite reflective off the current situation....
Agree there, the game is in a bad spot and hopefully it recovers. I only really watch our matches at the minute as well. I will keep going to any home games that I can for as long as I can. Nothing will stop me supporting our club.

Leemack

Reaction score
I voted past caring because at this stage of where the joke of a system is why should I allocate anymore brain cells to it. We all know it's fixed and run by the inmates.

I am usually a glass half full guy but VAR is really pushing my glass empty.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What we’re all waiting for today is for Luton to get away with something that we’ve been penalised for this season. Or for us to be penalised for something the opposition has got away with.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
What we’re all waiting for today is for Luton to get away with something that we’ve been penalised for this season. Or for us to be penalised for something the opposition has got away with.
Saw they put up Gary saying how they'd altered the interpretation of handball after João at there's, so how hilarious would it be if the exact service thing happened the other way and the audio came out 'no it's deflected off his own body, we don't give those do we?'. Oh how I'd laugh.....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the issues in the ground is that we don't actually know how bad the decisions are. It was a mystery on Wednesday, but I left wondering if maybe Cunha had blocked off Kluivert from closing down the cross and I'd think it was fair enough. But we don't get to see it, we're left maybe getting a message or waiting for the highlights package.

We showed the 'foul' by Cunha on the screen against Bournemouth, albeit only for a few seconds.

I know you're not supposed to do that, so was wondering if anything would come of it. Was our way of showing our annoyance and to be honest, we should keep doing it. Will get people riled up.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw they put up Gary saying how they'd altered the interpretation of handball after João at there's, so how hilarious would it be if the exact service thing happened the other way and the audio came out 'no it's deflected off his own body, we don't give those do we?'. Oh how I'd laugh.....
How long until teams kick the opposition on purpose after a bad decision that is wrong. It’s coming some player will lose their fuse eventually. All the FA and the player can say is sorry. Sorry isn’t good enough. It’s costing clubs money and points

Back
Top Bottom