Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VAR Corruption Protest - Waterloo Road - ahead of the replay

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn't just be protesting this one incident. The protest would be opposing VAR as a whole and the dreadful state of officiating in this country.

Our officials used to be considered the finest in the game, one glance at many a foreign referee made that obvious.

Since the turn of the century that reputation has eroded to the point where English Ref's are embarrassingly bad.
I agree with you on the level of refereeing in England but doing it before a game against a team we had several poor decisions against surely lends itself to pointing at that one game. The first thing any opposing fans would (rightly) say is would we be doing it if the decisions did go our way.

As for VAR in general, call me a defeatist but it’s deeply ingrained into the FA, UEFA and FIFA. There’s as much chance of a successful campaign against it as there is campaigning for a square ball to be used in games.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all have a views on VAR, but let's face it the issue regarding Saturday's game wasn't VAR - none of Saturday night's decisions were/weren't intervened with as a result of VAR.

User misuse was the problem in terms, most notably when they chose not to intervene.

The removal of VAR I don't think would have had a particular bearing on the degree to which we were cheated.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Bit of a no win situation really - VAR has ruined the match day experience for football fans but a protest looks a bit Micky Mouse.

I would have loved the players to have walked off on Saturday but the subsequent points deduction would have cost us relegation.

I just hope they know it can’t go on like this.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would be good to get it out there for all to see how unhappy we are.
I've watched sky sports news listened to Talksport and BBC 5 live, not massively, but have I heard any mention? Not a jot, disgraceful.

Agree, that's more to do with where most of there income comes from Himleywolf ,Its the accused, the Judge and the jury all from the same camp.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember that bloke who sat by waterloo road each day on a camping chair with a home made sign saying something like beep if you want Moxey out?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a no win situation really - VAR has ruined the match day experience for football fans but a protest looks a bit Micky Mouse.

I would have loved the players to have walked off on Saturday but the subsequent points deduction would have cost us relegation.

I just hope they know it can’t go on like this.
Points reduction for a FA Cup game?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with you on the level of refereeing in England but doing it before a game against a team we had several poor decisions against surely lends itself to pointing at that one game. The first thing any opposing fans would (rightly) say is would we be doing it if the decisions did go our way.

As for VAR in general, call me a defeatist but it’s deeply ingrained into the FA, UEFA and FIFA. There’s as much chance of a successful campaign against it as there is campaigning for a square ball to be used in games.
The Liverpool game is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Highlighting the straw doesn't hurt the broader argument. It just happens to be 'Exhibit A' in a long line of ever growing evidence.

Maybe VAR can be fixed in the long run, but it's current form is detrimental to the game, and should be criticised ruthlessly, the officials too.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little point, wait till next televised game then maybe pre-game demo followed by constant chants of **** VAR and suitably worded banners.

Kennedy

Reaction score
There’s no doubt we were on the end of some rubbish decisions on Saturday night and I was still fuming when I got home at 2am but the idea of protesting it couldn’t look any more tin pot in my opinion. It’s the sort of stuff we’d laugh at Albion for doing
This. I agree 100 % it would make us look pony, like when Liverpool fans couldn't accept not winning the league....

HOWEVER, Something needs to be done.

Maybe more of a combined multi club, unified campaign would be better. No one is going to care about a few Wolves fans outside the Billy Quiet...

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Admire the sentiment but in reality there'll be 5 fans with a single piece of A4 between them saying **** VAR.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance @Hot Fuss could start the chant Saturday and especially on Tues for the tv?

'We know what you are'
'We know what you are'
'Corrupt cheating *******s'
'We know what you are'

:):):p
Last line "We Villa ****s we know who you are" :)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last line "We Villa ****s we know who you are" :)
Ah yeah the villa ****'s that are only in a league that requires VAR, due to a dodgy goal line camera. Cheating ****s

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah yeah the villa that's that are only in a league that requires VAR, due to a dodgy goal line camera. Cheating ****s
Think you may have hit on the reason why my Vile supporting mate continues to defend the indefensible, I know he's mentally challenged but not that much. :p

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you may have hit on the reason why my Vile supporting mate continues to defend the indefensible, I know he's mentally challenged but not that much. :p
Yep, he always reminds me of an advert for that song by the Verve,

The drugs don't work?

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the decision and move on, I know it's frustrating but it's done now and hopefully we can get the win at Molineux.

I'm just thinking thank **** it was the cup and not a league match, I can take some comfort in that thought.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the decision and move on, I know it's frustrating but it's done now and hopefully we can get the win at Molineux.

I'm just thinking thank **** it was the cup and not a league match, I can take some comfort in that thought.
Nah **** that, if it was one decision I probably could, but being a **** who holds a grudge, I want the ****ers in charge to suffer!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no doubt we were on the end of some rubbish decisions on Saturday night and I was still fuming when I got home at 2am but the idea of protesting it couldn’t look any more tin pot in my opinion. It’s the sort of stuff we’d laugh at Albion for doing
You’re right. Should definitely go for a full scale riot.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First 5 mins of the game, whole crowd chanting 'off side' for every pass between Liverpool players straight into a chorus of F**k VAR on 5 mins, effective and funny and more to the point, easy to do after a few pints....
I love the idea of every time Wolves pass the ball forward towards the Liverpool penalty area the crowd chant 'offside'. No reason why this 'protest' could not carry on right through the game. Would send out the right kind of message imo. Will anything happen as a result? No!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the idea of every time Wolves pass the ball forward towards the Liverpool penalty area the crowd chant 'offside'. No reason why this 'protest' could not carry on right through the game. Would send out the right kind of message imo. Will anything happen as a result? No!
They’d probably rule a couple of our goals out for offside based on this

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’d probably rule a couple of our goals out for offside based on this
I expect most of football know about the incident at Anfield now so I wonder if we'll get some decisions go our way v Forest and then in the replay?

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect most of football know about the incident at Anfield now so I wonder if we'll get some decisions go our way v Forest and then in the replay?
I doubt it look at how many times we’ve been shafted already. Top 6 are protected, the rest they’ll just make it up as they go along

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the hell does that help us progress in the Fa cup?

How does that shift the feeling off traveling to and from Anfield and getting shafted yet again, by a system that's in its very nature was designed to stop it happening?

I payed for a ticket to watch a fair match, at a supposedly top stadium, with all the benefits of being recent champions, of both the Premier league and Europe, yet they failed to provide the technology required, can I claim a refund?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find this whole thing outrageous to be honest.

It seems quite clear to me that something is amiss. How can a linesman begin making his way back to the halfway line after a goal, only to stop after 5-10 yards to suddenly flag after what appears to be a gesture to do so from the ref?

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about an improvised dance in front of the cameras? Really channel that anger....

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Liverpool game is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Highlighting the straw doesn't hurt the broader argument. It just happens to be 'Exhibit A' in a long line of ever growing evidence.

Maybe VAR can be fixed in the long run, but it's current form is detrimental to the game, and should be criticised ruthlessly, the officials too.

No machine is ever to blame, its the sticky fingers on the buttons that's the problem, especially when its the same culprits on both ends defending themselves,.

Kennedy

Reaction score
That's a great shout.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a great shout.
do you think the real culprits sitting in there luxury LA homes or on their yacht would choke on there caviar over that, LOL.
I think if the government putting the price up on Brown envelopes would make more difference, hit them in the pocket,

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous. So you are accusing the ref of corruption? Effectively saying someone/somebody/organisation bribed him to affect the result? This is a very serious accusation and one I think you would have difficulty proving. Had this incident not happened are you saying the ref would have had to come up with some other way to ensure Liverpool did not lose or the match ended in a draw?

Yes I strongly suspect bias and/or outright corruption within english refereeing and specifically within how they apply VAR. The officials can decide to spend ages looking for a reason to rule a goal or penalty out or just brush over things very quickly. We are always getting on the wrong end of decisions against the top 6. The way to remove this suspicion is with more transparency. i.e. we need the voice transcripts of who said and did what while they are reviewing things just like they have in rugby. The officials should also face media interview to make them squirm over particularly shocking VAR decisions or non VAR decisions.

There is no way in a million years that those 2 decisions would have been applied if it was Jiminez scoring for Wolves instead of Salah for Liverpool or if Liverpool had scored a late winner. The Toti goal being ruled out was an absolute disgrace. Nunes was onside from Hwang's header and you cant rules Nunes offside from Collins header because he didnt head it to Nunes. Especially so given the non offside ruling on Salah. The business about the ref signalling for the linesman to raise his flag needs to be clarified. Why is the linesman raising his flag? A voice transcript would be very revealing .... or maybe it would clear them of wrong doing. Either way it would be a positive outcome in removing any suspicions.

If we go back to Neto's goal a couple of years ago they spent an absolute age to rule out based on Johnny's toenail being offside quite a long way before the actual goal. If we look at the Guedes non penalty against Arsenal, the linesman flagged him offside after the bad tackle and then they said he had flagged before the tackle which was a blatent lie - I watched frame by frame coverage and the offside flag went up after Guedes was cleaned out. Only about 2 seconds were spent reviewing it. The officials know very well because Wolves and teams of similar stature are very low profile in the premier league that there will be no vuirtually comeback to their biased and/or corrupt decisions in the media coverage. Thats why we need a protest but obviously others dont seem to share my strong opinions on this.

I'd also say that 10s/100s of millions of pounds are bet on individual Liverpool games paticularly in unregulated far east gambling markets. Why would we imagine that our officials are beyond corruption? Wherever there are large amounts of money sloshing around there is usually a degree of human corruption that accompanies it so its not exactly beyond the pale to imagine that some of our match officials might be drawn in to affecting match outcomes for financial gain. I'm not saying that was the reason we didnt get fair treatment on Saturday was due to financial corruption but it has to be a possibility especially when blatently bad decisions are made. More transparency in VAR review proceses would help even if they are published after the game. Today allegations of gambling corruption have been suggested over an Oxford player getting a booking so again its not as though our game is so clean to suggest no possibility of financial impropriety.

Finally its been mentioned that officials have always made bad decisions. This is true as a fan who has been attending matches since the late 1960s I will say that the bad decisions years ago used to be evenly spread around. There was never the current degree of bias in favour of big clubs years ago and that pointed more to genuine human errors rather than biased and/or corrupt officials who regularly make decisions in favour of a handful of clubs.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did that one go tonight? Clear penalty not given on Nunes?

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another night - another case of the purest incompetence by Referees.

An Independent Public Inquiry into Refs and desperate change is needed NOW, otherwise it will continue to happen.

Back
Top Bottom