Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Sevilla Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It’s all now about ‘on the day’ and how we are for sure.

Need to get that wind back in our sails and be on it like we haven’t for a while….the quick fixture should help as we are better when games come round fast.

We’ll can really do this. 3 – 2. :)

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-1 Sevilla.

leave ourselves too much to do with 30 minutes left.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there will be much less action in this one. 1 goal, I think we get it.

D

Deleted member 11332

2-0 wolves. Adama double from the bench ala man city away.

Nivada

Reaction score
Realistically 0-3 Sevilla, but if we are going to do it then it'll be a 1-0 job or penalties

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It ay gunna be easy but as it's Wolves (and we all know they'm our babbies) then obviously it's a win for the good guys.
We'll go behind but win 2-1. Cus wim Wolves.

Oh, Nuno. Keep out the oss road.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play like we did against Spurs, City and Liverpool then we have a very good chance.
But yesterday we were clinging on and desperate to win, yet we couldn’t keep possession. We kept losing the ball to them. I think we all expected Olympiakos to score near the end.

Is it just my imagination but we’re we more offensive last season?

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Just can't see it unfortunately, but I felt the same about the Greeks, 2-1 to Seville

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-1 to the mighty wolves

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Sevilla 2-0 (hope I’m wrong).

Think this will be a game too far for us because this Sevilla side are good. Pains me to say it, but realistically they’ll have too much for us.

a fantastic run in Europe, beating good sides like Torino, Espanyol and Olympiakos. Best season I can ever remember. Really proud of them all.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We definitely can’t concede possession like we did so regularly against Olympiakos.

The ball needs to stick a bit more ‘up top’. Whoever partners Raul, be it Jota, Traore or Neto, they seem to often lose the ball cheaply by trying to run their opponent. Great when it comes off but if you are constantly giving the ball back to them then good teams will punish you. Podence will be a loss as he seems to hold the ball better.

All the signs are a loss but in a one off game we can do it. Going two one to Wolves with Raul scoring two penalties after they have gone down to 10 after a sending off early doors.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Spanish league is weaker than it had been in ages. Barcelona have been in decline for years and RM are aging.

I honestly don’t think fourth place in that league is better than 7th/8th in the Prem and it will therefore be a tight affair.

Like with a tennis or boxing match against decorates but fading opposition, we have to play the team, not the name.

They have more experience than us in Europe, but then again who doesn’t?

It will be tight. I’m going 2-1 Wolves. We have done well in this competition and it can carry on on Tuesday . . .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Spanish league is weaker than it had been in ages. Barcelona have been in decline for years and RM are aging.

I honestly don’t think fourth place in that league is better than 7th/8th in the Prem and it will therefore be a tight affair.

Like with a tennis or boxing match against decorates but fading opposition, we have to play the team, not the name.

They have more experience than us in Europe, but then again who doesn’t?

It will be tight. I’m going 2-1 Wolves. We have done well in this competition and it can carry on on Tuesday . . .
Certainly the second place PL team rather easily beat La Liga's winner yesterday.

Hope that you are right.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sevilla are a good side but they will be very worried about our pace on the counter.
2-0 wolves..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our mental tiredness has been catching up with us for weeks. Too many sloppy errors and this'll be a game too far. Hope I'm wrong but think Seville will win 3-0.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How ever far we go now we’ll be underdogs every game which has suited us perfectly previously.

Against Olympiakos it was nervy but in some ways it’s exactly what you need to do in the EL or CL, the away goal always makes it difficult to know whether to stick or twist but that won’t be relevant anymore.

We showed last season we’re well setup to be a good cup team so let’s see what happens. There’s no denying they’ll be clear favourites so whatever happens I’m proud we’ve got this far but see no reason we can’t beat anyone on their day.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your not going to get easy games at this stage,and this one will be far from easy
Of course we have a chance, on our day we can beat anyone,i just fear this marathon season has caught up with a lot of players ,more mentally than physically
Can we go one more time to the well? we will see,but one things for certain we need Traore to at least try,and Jota to stop feeling sorry for himself
We wont have Podence ,and almost certainly Jonny,thats 2 big misses for me,but anything is possible,it costs nothing to dream

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I was mega stressed on Thursday and this game will be too tight to call I think.

I'm going for a draw after 90/ET and leading to penalties.....I'm not saying anymore.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling it’ll be a goal either way that settles it. Which way? Who knows?

Losing Podence & Jonny for the game wont help our small squad but, hell, it’s not like we haven’t beaten the odds more than once this season already.

I just hope 3 days is long enough for my fingernails to recover fully, that’s the key for me

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling it’ll be a goal either way that settles it. Which way? Who knows?

Losing Podence & Jonny for the game wont help our small squad but, hell, it’s not like we haven’t beaten the odds more than once this season already.

I just hope 3 days is long enough for my fingernails to recover fully, that’s the key for me

Subs last night City v RM , players being subbed didn’t leave at nearest point , so why was Podence booked .......surprised we haven’t appealed...

Tuesday , best tactic back to type.......stay in the game for 60 , then unleash Adama (in correct boots), and 1-0 Wolves

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Subs last night City v RM , players being subbed didn’t leave at nearest point , so why was Podence booked .......surprised we haven’t appealed...

Tuesday , best tactic back to type.......stay in the game for 60 , then unleash Adama (in correct boots), and 1-0 Wolves
Problem is that it is an offence albeit that most refs don't seem to enforce it. I assume the ref thought that it was deliberate timewasting.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly don’t know, it feels like one of those rules that has almost been forgotten by most refs (although not ours) and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it quietly vanish in the summer. I mean, it’s already summer but you know what I mean :D

I don’t think we could appeal: there’s not really the time and it is the rule even if it’s not applied consistently. It’s crap but we’re out of luck.

As for tactics… I don’t know! Looking at La Liga I see that Sevilla don’t score too many but nor do they concede many... a bit like us? But then I saw that, other than RM/Barca, nobody really scores a lot of goals. I think it might end up being a match with both teams keeping it tight and looking to break at pace ... but, like I say, I know naff all about them in reality!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Sevilla journo who was on Oatley and Spiers’ pod made them sound a lot like Wolves. Could be quite tight. I’m just watching the Roma/Sevilla game now, their first goal looked like a Jota attempt with a Raul result. So there’s that.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Predictions..
0-0 when we kick off and 1 team will win at the end :)

Who - Well I'm not about to upset ANY Footballing Gods with my answer.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope hope hope we win. And we could too. But my head says they beat us 2-0

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to get clobbered for this but here goes.

If I was Guo and paying on average £50,000 a week to the lads , I’d bloody well expect them to minimize sloppy passes and stop losing possession so easily and frequently.
It drives me nuts.

If I was Guo , I’d have a Chinese curse put on their genitalia until such time as this behaviour stops.

Now lads, if you want to enjoy tender romantic times again, you know what to do!

Sincerly,
The Boss.

Back
Top Bottom