Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Leicester Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Let’s get them in while we’re on a high with relief. :)

It really pains that we were near enough on par with this lot. With many games close affairs and the swing with luck being the difference it’s truly maddening that the current gulf with points and placing is what it is.

With belief now back with us a concentrated effort should see us well able to take all the points.

3 – 1.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Vardy fit? If he plays that could make a big difference with his pace. It's hard to look past a Leicester win tbh. They recruited well - wtf did Fofana and Justin come from and Castangne looks a steal? I'm really interested to watch Maddison v us over the 90 minutes and see what we are missing and the type of player we must recruit in the summer. I think it will be tight and perhaps the rub of the green will fall our way again but I'm still going 1-2.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough game would probably take a draw to be honest but who knows what Wolves team will come out.

2-1 Wolves!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ecstatic to win last night after such a poor run. Leicester are a very very good team though and if we start anything like we did in the opening 40 minutes yesterday we could find ourselves in trouble.

Tielemans in midfield was a player I really liked and thought we might go in for him before he went there. I think they might just have a bit too much energy and athleticism for us in the middle of the park with him and Mendy. Throw Maddison and Harvey Barnes into the mix too and we might have some problems.

I just think Leicester may have too much for us

2-0 to the East Midlands.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think Leicester may have too much for us

2-0 to the East Midlands.
I feel that way too, I'd love a draw. But I have a feeling we'll score so 2-1 for me.

What I'll be looking for in this game is the level of performance, effort, commitment etc. If we do lose this match I'd like it to lose it well... I'm not sure that's a good way of putting it but hopefully people will know what I'm droning on about!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Vardy fit? If he plays that could make a big difference with his pace. It's hard to look past a Leicester win tbh. They recruited well - wtf did Fofana and Justin come from and Castangne looks a steal? I'm really interested to watch Maddison v us over the 90 minutes and see what we are missing and the type of player we must recruit in the summer. I think it will be tight and perhaps the rub of the green will fall our way again but I'm still going 1-2.

I think Vardy is out for a few weeks.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully fulham give them a real game tonight and sap a bit of energy from them. The extra 24 hours recovery could make a difference.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Vardy is back for this & would be loving his chances if we play such a high line. That said, if we're going with a back 4, its to be expected so we can press the opposition better.

Would love 3, but gladly take 1. I felt we needed 4 from these 2 games to just start getting some confidence back.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Vardy is out for a few weeks.
That's really good news if true as I think he'd run our 2 cbs ragged. I hope we come out on the front foot and not like we did last night. Start like that again and we will be 2 down in 15 minutes and there's no coming back from that.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are absolutely due some luck and var to our benefit against these after the last few games against em. Im going same as last night 2-1 to us

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Vardy is back for this & would be loving his chances if we play such a high line. That said, if we're going with a back 4, its to be expected so we can press the opposition better.

Would love 3, but gladly take 1. I felt we needed 4 from these 2 games to just start getting some confidence back.
Vardy 'could' be back is the latest...(hopefully he's not fully fit if he is)

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Score draw or narrow Wolves win if Vardy is out, really miss the Steve Bull vs Steve Walsh "battles" which used to enliven this fixture up 30 odd years ago though.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's really good news if true as I think he'd run our 2 cbs ragged. I hope we come out on the front foot and not like we did last night. Start like that again and we will be 2 down in 15 minutes and there's no coming back from that.
2 of the best games in the last 20 years have involved comebacks against Leicester.

D

Deleted member 11332

With no Vardy Leicester looked utterly toothless the weekend. I'm not sure how a Moutinho Neves midfield (if they play again) copes with Maddison operating in those spaces. If we can shut him down we can win this. Be a close game, Leicester have quality at the back. 1-0 wolves.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No two ways around it.
They’re playing well and we’re not. I’m not confident at all but on the day we might grab a 1-1 draw.
Can’t see us scoring two........hope they don’t.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very open game. Hard to predict but there will be goals, how it ends is anyones guess!!!

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Score draw or narrow Wolves win if Vardy is out, really miss the Steve Bull vs Steve Walsh "battles" which used to enliven this fixture up 30 odd years ago though.
Bully v Walsh yes , some titanic battles there , makes me feel my age when you say 30 odd years ago , I remember those battles well

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be tough and contingent on Vardy's fitness.

I can't see much beyond a Lesta win and think they will have too much for us and they will win 2-1.

Saddens me more as a Wolves fan living in Loughborough.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always close between us and them,just hope we havent used all our luck up in one game
Dont care if Vardy plays or not he rarely does anything against us
Heres the score 3-2 to the good guys :)

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Vardy plays, I'd expect us to play a deeper defensive line and revert to a back 3 with wing backs and make it as difficult as possible for Leicester to attack through us. Horses for courses and all that. We generally keep Vardy quiet playing that way. Play like we did in the first-half yesterday and give him space behind to run into and we're likely in big trouble. Leicester have a lot of technical midfield players who can thread a decent pass too (Maddison, Tielemans) so 3-5-2 would be my set-up.

Back
Top Bottom