Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Update from Matt Hobbs

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I don’t disagree that Shi gets some unwarranted abuse but let’s not claim the timing of the sacking is to his credit as he clearly didn’t plan to do it when he did and the plan to wait for Sevilla to sack JL then swoop in was never a good one. I firmly believe if it weren’t for the away end turning so strongly at West Ham he would’ve lasted much longer
The West Ham game was definitely a catalyst, the football wasn't just turgid but players attitudes stank too.

Not only did the away support turn, some key players didn't come over, a couple went straight down the tunnel, suggestions of a player revolt was happening. His number was up after that game.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Didn’t someone suggest they had heard rumours of a personal issue behind the scenes that had affected him, and that JL liked him?
Yes was a few weeks back. Hope that whatever it is (if it is) he's ok and is able to focus back on football in the future. For all the money involved players are still people and have issues and demons to face same as anyone else.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think this thread really supports that claim. A lot of people thought he just needed backing

In my mind it was clear from when he was first linked he wasnt up to the job. Ridiculous appointment.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon WWFC has halved in value since our Europa league cup semi. That is the essence of our FFP situation.
Why did it half in value ? The promotion of Sellars and the employment Lage .
IMO we now have the right men in place - but cant give them that lost money it's gone .
It may be this was all at the request of Fosun. So Shi gets off and starts to use his acquired knowledge .
If Shi stays good luck to him but he must assert some influence over the board.

I don’t think Wolves has halved in value since the EL semi. The value likely temporarily dropped during the pandemic, but that wasn’t under our control. Since then, the club has remained relatively stable in the PL, and just being stable in the PL is what’s driving the majority of the club’s value. If you want an objective comparison, just look at the Deloitte Money League reports. In 2023, we are ranked 25 in the clubs with revenue of €195.4m. Back in 2020, just before the pandemic and at peak Nuno, we were ranked 25 with revenue of €195.5m. That’s the kind of third party reports that Fosun will use to assess how Jeff is doing, not looking at league positions, goals scored, or how fans feel on a forum.

DeWolfMan60

Groupie
Reaction score
Are we getting the 'Ask Wolves' YouTube series this year?
I thought last years series was very thorough and covered every department

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt it, though we seem to be able to hear about most things supposedly going on (or not) via press reports nowadays, rather than via the club. Not sure that’s healthy, so I was pleased to see Hobbs offer an update the other day, and would certainly welcome hearing more from them on what their plans are?

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty poor attempt at public relations. The emphasis on esports over legacy fans, and half-baked stadium development plans backfired badly. Doubt they will do it again.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Wolves has halved in value since the EL semi. The value likely temporarily dropped during the pandemic, but that wasn’t under our control. Since then, the club has remained relatively stable in the PL, and just being stable in the PL is what’s driving the majority of the club’s value. If you want an objective comparison, just look at the Deloitte Money League reports. In 2023, we are ranked 25 in the clubs with revenue of €195.4m. Back in 2020, just before the pandemic and at peak Nuno, we were ranked 25 with revenue of €195.5m. That’s the kind of third party reports that Fosun will use to assess how Jeff is doing, not looking at league positions, goals scored, or how fans feel on a forum.

Well on world brand ranking we dropped from 20 to 32 last year. Value dropping by 30% . Covid free years.
And I can see us dropping again after this years problems, so 50% is probably not far off as of today. I expect drops in both Deloittes and The World Brand Index until the JL effect steps in.

We rose so quickly when we came 7th (twice ) and success in Europe, we can't logically expect that to hold.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well on world brand ranking we dropped from 20 to 32 last year. Value dropping by 30% . Covid free years.
And I can see us dropping again after this years problems, so 50% is probably not far off as of today. I expect drops in both Deloittes and The World Brand Index until the JL steps in.

We rose so quickly when we came 7th (twice ) and success in Europe, we can't logically expect that to hold.

Yeah brand value is also important and I agree that takes a hit when you’re outside European competitions.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear I'm the only person on here who doesn't know someone who works for Wolves or connected to someone who does :sweatsmile:
I met Sir Jack several times when I was in the RN and our ship visited Grand Bahama Island; i was the visit liaison officer. Does that count?
Rachel Heyhoe-Flint also rang me at work once, in response to an SJH letter. Does this count?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear I'm the only person on here who doesn't know someone who works for Wolves or connected to someone who does :sweatsmile:
Yow ay gorra believe me if ya dow want to,it ay no skin off my nose.This lad lives on ar village,he’s in the pool team.We speak.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d imagine this Neves transfer has been in the offing for a little while, and in significantly easing our FFP concerns has calmed some of the tensions internally? Things had been sounding very concerning?

Being brutal, we’ve got a lot of players that we could move on that offer us little/nothing, and/or who are very replaceable. Hopefully we can build a decent kitty out of all of it and bring in some excellent value for money. We’ll have a decent nucleus to build from I should imagine?

Personally, I’d love to see a new GK, RB, CB, CM and a couple of forwards come in, in addition to the likes of Giles, Silva (touch and go), Chiquinho and Kaladzjic being brought into our squad. Things need freshening up.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bumping this post today’s expressions by Julen and I have to feel a bit sorry for Matt, knowing of the role has played and the strong relationship he says with Julen.

He must have his hands tied around a rock, that is attached to his back.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are gearing up to sell is my opinion. No money, Selling assets and not reinvesting , still in the pl and then selling the club at the end of it.

**** off fosun!!
Fosun have been asset stripping for years according to some. A little asset stripping may have been preferable to the total mismanagement of recruitment these past three or four years.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Fact here is outside investment is wanted
They thought they had it hence plan B

It’s not come through - yet

So Lopetegui is washing it out in public to either try and get investment or fosun pay of £30m debt. Both could happen

Personally just want this done away from media, how would that help Scott choose wolves over Bournemouth

But don’t forget we have two £40m players bin our squad plus Fabio Semedo
Maybe they’ll perform

And to be totally fair judge at end of window

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have been asset stripping for years according to some. A little asset stripping may have been preferable to the total mismanagement of recruitment these past three or four years.
The exact reason we find ourselves in the position we do today. The more you look back the more miraculous it seems we were able to build such a great team, I can't help but think they completely fluked it, because the transfer activity since August 2020 has been by and large pretty abysmal.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The exact reason we find ourselves in the position we do today. The more you look back the more miraculous it seems we were able to build such a great team, I can't help but think they completely fluked it, because the transfer activity since August 2020 has been by and large pretty abysmal.
With the benefit of hindsight, Nuno's first two seasons had near perfect recruitment. Just about every signing was an improvement on what we had before...

Recruitment since has been haphazard. It does appear the first few seasons were a total fluke.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the benefit of hindsight, Nuno's first two seasons had near perfect recruitment. Just about every signing was an improvement on what we had before...

Recruitment since has been haphazard. It does appear the first few seasons were a total fluke.
Every signing was an improvement. And our expectation levels were low.
Our current squad would cream it in the Championship, although they wouldn’t stay to play.

Back
Top Bottom