Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinion

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do get relegated a full rebuild and trimmed squad with money in the bank

Players with hunger and skill who want to play and sure could get us back out the champ

Sarkic
Jonny
Collins
Kilman
Bueno /Giles

Traore
Hodge
Cundle

Chiquniho
Silva
Campbell

Wither others to come back of however, lonjwik, etc

Especially if under new ownership and manager but hey it may kill the dead wood and shake it up

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You underestimate just how tough it is to get promoted from the Championship. We made it look easy last time through our prime Mendes arrangement, and with Nuno. Even before dreading wondering what your bench might look like, that starting XI is simply not good enough. Also, Jonny has no hunger.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not getting into these kinda discussions until anything is confirmed. Today showed this group have enough to get moving up the league, albeit with the need of a good, effective, strong coaching team coming in

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion?! Mad one more like! Do some people have short memories the last thing we need is going down and starting all over again...

I want to watch us up against the best with top players playing for us we are going through a tough period after some amazing seasons watching Wolves including a run in Europe and some want to chuck the towel in?! Going back to the Championship is an awful thought (would be a financial disaster for the club) plus who is to say we would make a quick return?

Come on we still have a long way to go with more than enough quality to get out of it no need for this.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The threads done it job, promote thought, agreed that today was positive and and upward trend let's see how we pull up against brighton

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
In 1984 my wise old Dad told me going down and rebuilding with youth might be for the best (thinking back he might have just been trying to cheer me up).

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Half a dozen replies to this thread. "Odd time to start a relegation thread." "I'm not getting into this." "Unpopular opinion? Mad one, more like."

On the contrary. @Northampton_wolf is 100% right.

There must be at least a 33% chance of Wolves getting relegated: 6 goals in 13 games says it all.

Any business that doesn't prepare for something that has a 33% chance of happening deserves all it gets. There should be at least two people on the Wolves staff looking at players we could sign for the Championship. Any new manager should be hired with at least half an eye on next season in the Championship. I watched Burnley the other night: they have an absolutely cracking player, Anass Zaroury, that they signed from Charleroi. Easily as good as Guedes and Podence.

That said, the team in the OP isn't good enough to get out of the Championship. It needs experience and Jonny is simply done. But if the Wolves hierarchy don't already have someone planning for the Championship, they're being as negligent about next season as they have been about this one.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players always look better in the mind .
Those guys would need good management , team spirit and confidence.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, so we’re not doing particularly well at the mo, but we’re still in October ffs

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It never quite works like that though.

The thought of playing Huddersfield, Millwall, Bristol City and Preston makes me feel sick.

The only good thing would be no VAR

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half a dozen replies to this thread. "Odd time to start a relegation thread." "I'm not getting into this." "Unpopular opinion? Mad one, more like."

On the contrary. @Northampton_wolf is 100% right.

There must be at least a 33% chance of Wolves getting relegated: 6 goals in 13 games says it all.

Any business that doesn't prepare for something that has a 33% chance of happening deserves all it gets. There should be at least two people on the Wolves staff looking at players we could sign for the Championship. Any new manager should be hired with at least half an eye on next season in the Championship. I watched Burnley the other night: they have an absolutely cracking player, Anass Zaroury, that they signed from Charleroi. Easily as good as Guedes and Podence.

That said, the team in the OP isn't good enough to get out of the Championship. It needs experience and Jonny is simply done. But if the Wolves hierarchy don't already have someone planning for the Championship, they're being as negligent about next season as they have been about this one.
I think it’s more that some are of the belief we have enough to drag ourselves out of it and if we put 33% effort/focus into preparing to go down and MAYBE earn promotion, there will always be the question of why we didn’t put that 33% focus into remaining as a premier league team.

I just think why not fully focus on the now, and then when things are clearer, start making plans to take the team forward. None of know how things will shake out, so let’s focus 100% on remaining a premier league team until such time we are confirmed as not being.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well **** me that team has no chance in the championship.

Hodge, cundle and traore.....I'm not convinced that is a good championship midfield at the moment. I've said before I don't think Silva stays in that scenario. Are chiquinho and Campbell top championship players? Not from what I have seen of them so far. Do they have potential to be
top premier league players? I'm not convinced of that either.
Is Sarkic any good? Is Sa deadwood now? Please don't start wishing relegation on us with the idea we come back better....if it did get up it would go back down straight away.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well **** me that team has no chance in the championship.

Hodge, cundle and traore.....I'm not convinced that is a good championship midfield at the moment. I've said before I don't think Silva stays in that scenario. Are chiquinho and Campbell top championship players? Not from what I have seen of them so far. Do they have potential to be
top premier league players? I'm not convinced of that either.
Is Sarkic any good? Is Sa deadwood now? Please don't start wishing relegation on us with the idea we come back better....if it did get up it would go back down straight away.
Mate it's just a post to promote provocative responses and differing opinions, I do think the individuals in the team have shown they can do the job on there day looks at Giles for example

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team that the op posted would be physically dominated in the Championship.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing about today suggested that we aren’t getting relegated

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do get relegated a full rebuild and trimmed squad with money in the bank

Players with hunger and skill who want to play and sure could get us back out the champ

Sarkic
Jonny
Collins
Kilman
Bueno /Giles

Traore
Hodge
Cundle

Chiquniho
Silva
Campbell

Wither others to come back of however, lonjwik, etc

Especially if under new ownership and manager but hey it may kill the dead wood and shake it up

IMHO there will be a complete overhaul of the players at the club, regardless of whether we are relegated or not.

Back
Top Bottom