Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Two Major Decisions!!

Puregold

Reaction score
We can talk all day and night about how we find ourselves in this mess, but for me two major reasons why we find our club in this current situation.

1. Keeping Bruno on at the end of last season, he should have gone, and the fact that that decision was not made has now unfortunately caught up with us.

2. Bruno making the decision to get Coady out of our club, ok Coady had a lack of pace and got turned at times, but he organized the back line which was so important and gave us a defensive platform to stay in games, that is clearly not the case.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can talk all day and night about how we find ourselves in this mess, but for me two major reasons why we find our club in this current situation.

1. Keeping Bruno on at the end of last season, he should have gone, and the fact that that decision was not made has now unfortunately caught up with us.

2. Bruno making the decision to get Coady out of our club, ok Coady had a lack of pace and got turned at times, but he organized the back line which was so important and gave us a defensive platform to stay in games, that is clearly not the case.

2. Was that Bruno? It seems one of the big long-term problems at the club is that managers tell the players one thing, then those above the manager pull the rug out underneath and do the opposite. How can a manager talk to a player, when anything he says could be overruled on the whim of somebody above you, with no discussion?

Bruno was probably kept on because he is one of the few managers prepared to work under such conditions.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno didnt. It was shi. He was ‘sold’ to besiktas and only found out from his agent. Thats why he was livid and forced a move.

T

TheConcourse

I don’t think Bruno shaped the squad to the level that we all think. It was time for a refresh.

The sensible fans wanted it in stages. Most could see after Sevilla that Doherty, Coady, Saiss and Dendoncker should have been moved towards squad territory.

But the club didn’t move quickly enough. It actually didn’t move at all in the positions that mattered.

Then it became boom or bust in one window with a Head Coach that offered no stability.

Now Jeff is realising that it’s easier to strengthen from a position of strength than weakness.

Coady leaving isn’t the problem, this should have been a plan for the last couple of years. The planning and execution is non-existent, which is exactly why Sellars needs to **** off.

He’s either inept or he can’t influence. I don’t want either of those as the senior figure inside of our club.

We stood still. You can’t stand still.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whether Coady could play in a back 4 depends on the tactics in front of him. He would have stood no chance today but I doubt either Maldini or Van Dyke would have faired much better. We were naive and way too open from the off today. Conversely Everton play with a midfield shield that’s suits Coady perfectly.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage wasn't good and was long overdue the sack, but the results since he's gone have been no improvement at all. I suspect that we would have probably fluked by Forest with him as well, just as we did vs Southampton.

The glaring problem is clearly not having a PL ready striker for two years and then putting all our hopes on Sasa, who promptly injured himself anyway. No coach in the world can overcome having such a glaring hole in a team in the long run.

T

TheConcourse

Whether Coady could play in a back 4 depends on the tactics in front of him. He would have stood no chance today but I doubt either Maldini or Van Dyke would have faired much better. We were naive and way too open from the off today. Conversely Everton play with a midfield shield that’s suits Coady perfectly.
Yep. Exactly this. Even Van Dijk looked suspect - very suspect - at the beginning of this season. Liverpool had no legs in midfield.

We’re doing exactly the same to CB’s who aren’t fit to lace his boots. What do we expect to happen here?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Bruno shaped the squad to the level that we all think. It was time for a refresh.

The sensible fans wanted it in stages. Most could see after Sevilla that Doherty, Coady, Saiss and Dendoncker should have been moved towards squad territory.

But the club didn’t move quickly enough. It actually didn’t move at all in the positions that mattered.

Then it became boom or bust in one window with a Head Coach that offered no stability.

Now Jeff is realising that it’s easier to strengthen from a position of strength than weakness.

Coady leaving isn’t the problem, this should have been a plan for the last couple of years. The planning and execution is non-existent, which is exactly why Sellars needs to **** off.

He’s either inept or he can’t influence. I don’t want either of those as the senior figure inside of our club.

We stood still. You can’t stand still.
Shi is like my wife. She knows **** all about computers, can't even turn one on but tells me how to operate it.

Back
Top Bottom