Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Turnstile problems on Saturday

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Wolves just pretending this didn't happen, with several hundred fans missing kick-off as a result on Saturday? Seemed like a shambles.

Before anyone mentions I should have gotten there earlier (which I usually do) my lad had a 9:30KO in Kiddi and we managed to get to the ground for 12:20 and we queued at the rear of droves of people who had also got there in what should have been good time.

Felt sorry for the stewards who had to take the brunt of it.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Wolves just pretending this didn't happen, with several hundred fans missing kick-off as a result on Saturday? Seemed like a shambles.

Before anyone mentions I should have gotten there earlier (which I usually do) my lad had a 9:30KO in Kiddi and we managed to get to the ground for 12:20 and we queued at the rear of droves of people who had also got there in what should have been good time.

Wondered what had happened. Loads of empty seats by me until just after kick-off. Was letting people past as City scored :mad:.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a problem with 1 of the turnstiles in the north bank upper from early doors......I got there very early at 11.30 and 1 was closed.....

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was also caught up in the queue outside, I did here an announcement over the speakers whilst waiting, managed to make my way towards my seat while the silence was in progress, Im guessing that they couldnt delay the start of the game due to Tv schedules.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You couldn't have got there earlier.

You should be able to turn up 10 minutes before kick off and get to your seat in good time. But the reality of our ground is that will never be the case.

Especially so for a game where fans have been asked to get in early, as there shouldn't have been queues at that time.

When the club ask fans to get there 'early' maybe they should be more specific on time. One man's 11.30 is another man's 12.15. Both are still technically early!

If they were more specific and said something like, "if possible, be seated by 12.20" I think it's a clearer message than 'arrive early'.

Would mean any non-avoidable late arrivals such as yourself wouldn't be stuck behind a queue of people who could have avoided it!

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a problem with 1 of the turnstiles in the north bank upper from early doors......I got there very early at 11.30 and 1 was closed.....
From what I could see all NBU turnstiles weren't working and eventually they reverted to just switching them to greenlights and allowing everyone through - it added to the frustration that they halted anyone going in during the silence and anthem

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did wonder why the North Bank only looked about 2/3 full at kick off. Didn’t notice when it eventually filled up and I was distracted by us letting a first minute goal in.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You couldn't have got there earlier.

You should be able to turn up 10 minutes before kick off and get to your seat in good time. But the reality of our ground is that will never be the case.

Especially so for a game where fans have been asked to get in early, as there shouldn't have been queues at that time.

When the club ask fans to get there 'early' maybe they should be more specific on time. One man's 11.30 is another man's 12.15. Both are still technically early!

If they were more specific and said something like, "if possible, be seated by 12.20" I think it's a clearer message than 'arrive early'.

Would mean any non-avoidable late arrivals such as yourself wouldn't be stuck behind a queue of people who could have avoided it!
There was only a queue because a whole set of turnstiles broke down at 12.10. It was disgraceful, there was an announcement that they knew about it, and eventually after kick off they let everyone in without needing to scan cards. Should have delayed kick off by 15 minutes, and the silence / National Anthem. But of course, what does the mere season ticket holder matter in comparison to the TV audience?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I could see all NBU turnstiles weren't working and eventually they reverted to just switching them to greenlights and allowing everyone through - it added to the frustration that they halted anyone going in during the silence and anthem
I was in the ground...me mate who sits next me was caught outside...I just said I don't think they was working properly from the outset...1 was closed at 11.30.....one broke , then all 3....

Last edited:

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I arrived around 12:10 which was plenty early enough as normally very easy to get in through those turnstiles. There was already a long queue and didn't appear that any were working. I can't believe they didn't do anything until kick off to rectify it by either letting us in and manually checking cards or delaying the start.
No one seemed to take control of the situation and far from feeling sorry for the stewards they should of used a bit of common sense and sorted out getting us in on time.
I was incredibly ****ed off at the time and still unhappy about it now and emailed the club to let them know this when I got back from the game. I await the response to see what their take on it is.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are very much aware of what happened, as we’ve already discussed it on a Matchday Experience group that the club operate.

It was regrettable that this happened especially at a game with such an important tribute being made. I am certain that steps have been taken to ensure that it never happens again.

One point I did make, was that we should all be extremely grateful that the fans involved in this issue were so well behaved as they eventually got in, and that the silence was so impeccably observed.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Same here, arrived about 6/7 mins past twelve, thinking the queue was for ticket collections but then had to double back and join a much longer than usual turnstile queue. Seemed to be moving at first then didnt move at all for 20 minutes. There was some indignant shouting at the stewards who are of course experts in the handling of electro-mechanical infrastructure for stadium entry systems. Most were well behaved though. and hopefully there is no repeat of what was a very unfortunately timed system failure. Unfortunately I did get in just in time to see the goal.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the early goal. Just flashed the season ticket to get through. They should have done that a fair bit earlier though if they knew the numbers outside.

Not quite Braga away, but still irritating!

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Same here, arrived about 6/7 mins past twelve, thinking the queue was for ticket collections but then had to double back and join a much longer than usual turnstile queue. Seemed to be moving at first then didnt move at all for 20 minutes. There was some indignant shouting at the stewards who are of course experts in the handling of electro-mechanical infrastructure for stadium entry systems. Most were well behaved though. and hopefully there is no repeat of what was a very unfortunately timed system failure. Unfortunately I did get in just in time to see the goal.
They might not know how to sort out the turnstiles not working, although it seems there is a button than can be pressed quite easily to override it and someone should of been aware of this. It wouldn't have been difficult to open the fire exit and let us through with manual checking, especially as everyone was well behaved, as in the end they let us through without any checks at all anyway.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One point I did make, was that we should all be extremely grateful that the fans involved in this issue were so well behaved as they eventually got in, and that the silence was so impeccably observed.
Shame no one mentioned the silence to the city fans

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
They are very much aware of what happened, as we’ve already discussed it on a Matchday Experience group that the club operate.

It was regrettable that this happened especially at a game with such an important tribute being made. I am certain that steps have been taken to ensure that it never happens again.

Paul - does that mean that members who were just waved through will get their Wolves Cash added automatically? As I thought you had to scan in to get it.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why was the silence allowed to take place and the match begin whilst hundreds were outside through no fault of their own? Was that discussed? Fine to make sure it never happens again, but their response on Saturday demonstrated how little they care about the fans.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why was the silence allowed to take place and the match begin whilst hundreds were outside through no fault of their own? Was that discussed? Fine to make sure it never happens again, but their response on Saturday demonstrated how little they care about the fans.
Wonder if it was because it was on TV it wasn’t delayed?

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite possibly. Let's hear them admit it then - ticket holders outside weren't important enough to delay people on their sofas at home.
Some form of response from the club we be appreciated - as per my opening post, currently seems they are going doing the path of just pretending it didn't happen

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh I'm confused, surely the majority in the North Bank could have stopped till the end, to make up the lost time at the beginning? :p

Back
Top Bottom