Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trouble for Bennett

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought that saiss was pretty good defensively and his distribution was also decent.

I wonder wether Bennett will find himself on the bench for a little while?

D

Deleted member 3751

The only reason Saiss didn't start the season there (in my opinion) is he was struggling positionally pre-season. Bennett's ban has given Saiss another opportunity after his three games replacing Boly and Bennett would have few arguments if he didn't come straight back into the side.

It'll be very interesting to see who plays against Man U

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett's distribution can be quite poor, both lunge in a bit, but considering both cost 2m or thereabouts they're great for our team.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First time I can remember when all of the players in the squad are top players.No deadwood.

Add another 3-4 and we will be a proper side.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was excellent defensively. Don’t necessarily agree about his distribution though, as he looked really uncomfortable whenever he was pressed in possession and unable to shift into his left foot. That’s his biggest weakness in my opinion.

This was his type of game; a physical, backs against the wall match. That’s where he seems to thrive. I think he can get caught out positionally as he has done previously when in the back three if a game is a bit more open, but his last few performances back there covering Boly and Bennett have definitely given Nuno some thinking to do when everyone is available.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither Bennett or Saiss have let us down at any time this season.

Saiss is more versatile and mobile than Bennett and gives us options in midfield and at the back.

Bennett will struggle to get back in when his suspension finishes. Interesting for next week v Man U as he can play in the Cup. I would stick with Saiss.

D

Deleted member 4184

I would start the same team against Man U.

Neves needs to influence games more.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Saiss. His distribution was naturally awkward mind, given he's playing on the wrong side when he's at the back. But he didn't put a foot wrong and made some crucial tackles.. Still our first reserve CB rather than a starter for me though, and it should be that way until one of our back three has a couple of mares in a row. Thankfully, they never do.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is now the man with the shirt and I think Bennett will have to wait for his chance to get back in now

Harsh on Bennett who has done nothing wrong but I think Nuno has finally got Saiss into the position he wanted him in in pre season

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely keep Saiss in, as he will have to play v Burnley. Would be simply daft to put Bennett back in. But Nuno's weakness, if he has one, is misplaced loyalty. Play your best team -- play Saiss at the back

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely keep Saiss in, as he will have to play v Burnley. Would be simply daft to put Bennett back in. But Nuno's weakness, if he has one, is misplaced loyalty. Play your best team -- play Saiss at the back

Or you could say it might make sense to play Bennett, as we know we need Saiss against Burnley.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Bennett for me

I’d rather see Saiss in midfield v Man Utd

D

Deleted member 3573J

Saiss has earned his place, 3 excellent performances in a row at centre back now.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett will come back in.
Saiss is our option off the bench for midfield when they tire.
You could see today Neves and Moutinho were all done and there was no one to come on.
I guess this will be addressed in the summer.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett for me. Think his distribution is better than Saiss’s, albeit mostly down to Saiss not playing that position in fairness.

Back
Top Bottom