Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tree Surgeons/Stump Removal

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable tree surgeon in the Birmingham/Wolverhampton region please?

I have numerous stumps I need removing/grinding down from my back garden plus a tree to cut down.

Anyone any ideas on how much it might cost?

Many thanks in advance,

Giantwolf

theinvisibleman

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable tree surgeon in the Birmingham/Wolverhampton region please?

I have numerous stumps I need removing/grinding down from my back garden plus a tree to cut down.

Many thanks in advance,

Giantwolf

Pm for you

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine does tree work but not the grinding, he subs out to Stumpbusters Franchise based at Lichfield. (he recs the guy Chris)..
http://www.stumpbusters-northmidlands.co.uk/

Or use deep root which will kill the stump but not degrade it, it will then rot down but how quickly depends on the type of tree..

T

Toon Wolf

I was going to make some crass joke about talking to Heather Mills-McCartney about stump removal but thought better of it.

P

PeteWolf

Ha, I may yet do that, depending on the cost. However, if the price is right getting someone to do it is both quicker and easier!
Get a can of petrol, pour it on the stumps and light it. Should burn them away.

Probably won't work on the actual tree, although very much worth a try I'd have said.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if you do that, the the fire will travel along the roots and it can last for days and you would be surprise how far it can travel..

Be prepared to empty loads of water onto the ground to totally soak it.

We had an Oak tree go up where I work, the visible sign was smoke miraculously appearing out of the ground ( a very surreal sight ) and had to get the fire brigade out who had to carry water in sack pumps on their backs and it was still burning underground a day or two later..

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depending on which type of tree it is that you want to take down you may have to get the OK from the local Council--certainly would have to where I live in Herefordshire.

T

thekentwolf

Depending on which type of tree it is that you want to take down you may have to get the OK from the local Council--certainly would have to where I live in Herefordshire.

A decent tree surgeon will sort this out for you if your tree has a TPO (tree preservation order) on it. I would recommend someone that only deals in tree's rather than the local ***** that will do your fencing, tarmac the drive etc. In some cases you can not touch the tree if it has a an order on it. Also if you live in a conservation area all work must be applied for.

G

Gratters

You can hire a stump grinder but they're not really for the inexperienced - if you get hold of a chainsaw and make some deep cuts along the top then put molasses in the grooves (I kid you not) that will work - else get a pro as it really isn't easy getting rid of all evidence of it and many surgeons will only cut it right back and kill the roots rather than remove all evidence of it. Depends how big your stump is really - ooer.

P

Paul76

Hi,

Many thanks in advance,

Giantwolf

You Murderer.

D

Dewsburywolf

Thing is he's saying he has various stumps to remove from his garden but he doesn't say why he wants to get rid of them. Is he planning on extending the house, building a garage, or making a football pitch or something for the kids?

What have the trees/stumps done wrong that he wants rid of them?

P

Paul76

Thing is he's saying he has various stumps to remove from his garden but he doesn't say why he wants to get rid of them. Is he planning on extending the house, building a garage, or making a football pitch or something for the kids?

What have the trees/stumps done wrong that he wants rid of them?

I can forgive the stumps, but not a healthy tree. Think of the Squirrels.;)

P

PeteWolf

if you do that, the the fire will travel along the roots and it can last for days and you would be surprise how far it can travel..

Be prepared to empty loads of water onto the ground to totally soak it.

We had an Oak tree go up where I work, the visible sign was smoke miraculously appearing out of the ground ( a very surreal sight ) and had to get the fire brigade out who had to carry water in sack pumps on their backs and it was still burning underground a day or two later..
So got to try that!

Back
Top Bottom