Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Traore for £30mill. ???

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read £50m yesterday. I’d be tempted at that. £30m not so much.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might explain his poor performance against Villa

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good friend of mine text me in the summer saying he’d just played a round of golf with a senior scout at Wolves, apparently we were very open to letting Traore go in the summer and would have let him go for £65m, a figure no club put forward. PSG and Liverpool had supposedly shown interest, the latter only offering £20m plus add-ons, and the French club walking away the minute we said the price.

I posted this in the summer. Feel free to disregard this as made-up gossip, I’m certainly not one to say I’m “ITK”, but my acquaintance isn’t hugely into football, isn’t a Wolves fan and he kind of brought it up in passing saying “Oh, you’re a Wolves fan aren’t you? I was speaking with...”.

He also went on to tell me about a player we were letting go, that we did end up letting go out of the blue... so I think his source was legit.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although exciting on his day he has massively under-performed this season and stalling on a new contract also says something. I suspect we may need to sell at least one first team player to enable us to add the required re-inforcements in the summer and would not be averse to letting Traore go. As a previous poster said £30m with a decent sell on clause would do it for me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a long time now Adama has frustrated rather than excited me.

He has just not shown the required level we all know he is capable of. Whether it is just a loss of form or his attitude, I don’t know.

I am a firm believer in the term ‘form is temporary , class is permanent’ but his form has just not been anywhere near consistent enough for a long time now.

I do think that if Podence was fit he would be starting above Adama, who would be on the bench. This was happening before Dan’s injury and Adama has just not taken advantage since.

It is so frustrating as we know what he is capable of but how much longer can we keep saying this? He is not scoring or creating and for someone with his pace and physique that cannot be ignored. His crosses are often overhit, he loses the ball regularly and does not do enough to win it back, he sulks and just does not get into anywhere near enough scoring positions. Other than that he is ok!

I would be sorry to see him go, but not as sorry as I would have been 12 months ago. Nobody is irreplaceable and if we can get £30+million for him I would seriously consider letting him go. Being such a unique player, what type of player do you replace him with though?

I hate to be negative about any of our players but Adama needs to pull his finger out!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good friend of mine text me in the summer saying he’d just played a round of golf with a senior scout at Wolves, apparently we were very open to letting Traore go in the summer and would have let him go for £65m, a figure no club put forward. PSG and Liverpool had supposedly shown interest, the latter only offering £20m plus add-ons, and the French club walking away the minute we said the price.

I posted this in the summer. Feel free to disregard this as made-up gossip, I’m certainly not one to say I’m “ITK”, but my acquaintance isn’t hugely into football, isn’t a Wolves fan and he kind of brought it up in passing saying “Oh, you’re a Wolves fan aren’t you? I was speaking with...”.

He also went on to tell me about a player we were letting go, that we did end up letting go out of the blue... so I think his source was legit.
If he was being hawked around in the summer it might explain why his form has suffered and why he isn’t signing a new contract.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am sure that ties in with his performances.
He needs to feel loved and probably regrets he is not playing in The Champions League

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great talent and when he's on form worth the top end of those estimates, the problem is he doesn't produce that form consistently and that's been a constant so far throughout his career. If Nuno thinks he can sort that out I'd be more inclined to keep him than sell him, if not then £30m plus is probably not a bad deal, or course it also depends on who is available to spend the money on.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30M seems way off even in the Covid era.

If Traore had a year left on his contract possibly but he has 2 left on his current deal. I think probably around £45-55M would be about right as on his day there isn't many like him in football he's a game changer.

With his form this season I'd cash in on him this summer TBH

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bite their hand off for 30 million at the moment he's poor.
Fosun aren't as stupid as to do that to sell Adama now. They'll wait until he shows better form like last season with goals and assists to his credit. When he and Raul were touted by top clubs last summer for around £60 to £70 million..
@Wednesbury Wolf you'd be a good business man wouldn't you by throwing away £30 to £40 million hey!

Besides Nuno who's said no end of times Adama Traore is a unique and special player. Plus noway he'd let him go for £30 million at the age of 25. He was reluctant to sell Diogo Jota for £45 million.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a tricky one to value, when he’s on fire you’d easily value him at £50m+

The problem is when he’s not on top of his game he is largely ineffective all match and becomes a passenger, when playing like that he’s a £15m-20m man.

If you look throughout his career he’s been hugely inconsistent, had a decent spell with Boro and a great second season with us, but other than that he’s not been a consistently good performer.

Personally I’d rather we keep him, we have a small squad as it is, and when he is on form he is a game changer. However, if we were to get an offer £45m+ it would be hard to turn down I’m sure.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes you wonder how good he could become at a top club with a manager who knows how best to use him.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The downside: if we let Adama go one of our main ways of getting up the pitch goes with it. He terrifies the opposition, wins us pitch space and means we're always just a few seconds from a chance, even if we've been under the cosh for 30 mins straight. He's still got time to improve, and at his best is a joy to watch in a way no-one else other than Neto is.

The upside: if we let him go we'll have to develop more sustainable ways of getting up the pitch. He's unlikely to improve his passing, finishing or crossing now if he's not already.

I'm not so fussed by what the price is if he goes, so long as it means we 1) bring in some new players; 2) that enables us to change our style of play. I'll be sad never to see him in a gold shirt in the flesh again though, and he'd leave with my best wishes and fond memories.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun aren't as stupid as to do that to sell Adama now. They'll wait until he shows better form like last season with goals and assists to his credit. When he and Raul were touted by top clubs last summer for around £60 to £70 million..
@Wednesbury Wolf you'd be a good business man wouldn't you by throwing away £30 to £40 million hey!

Besides Nuno who's said no end of times Adama Traore is a unique and special player. Plus noway he'd let him go for £30 million at the age of 25. He was reluctant to sell Diogo Jota for £45 million.
Fosun's and Nuno's valuation of Adama would be far more than £30 million after last summers transfer window quotes. Not forgetting Adama is an International player for Spain now also. Adama's agent would for sure value him far higher than that also imo.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama has done very little this season (he is not alone) and would not be annoyed if he left provided the fee is equitable

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is approaching his prime years and still has no real consistency to his game, but for 30 million I'd keep him.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be negotiated down to 25 million and throw in a crate of baby oil.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would also entertain offers for Traore after his performances this season, but £30m in this market for an attacking player is too low. We paid £36m for a full back who struggles to defend and £35m for a baby with 'potential'. Why accept £30m?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is worth much more than 30 million. Just because he hasn't played well this year, you don't sell for nearly half his worth. Look how inconsistent Jota was last year and then he went on to Liverpool to be a very good player in a champions league team.
Adama has not been brilliant this year, but neither have many players in the premier league. He is a unique player and I would want him to stay at Wolves.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ain't got a clue what he would be worth in the summer, or what a club would be willing to pay for him.

With two years to go on his current deal I would be tempted to sell if he doesn't renew his contract. But then his agent would be entitled to say to Wolves if you value Traore at 'X' amount, then you should pay Traore the going rate for a player worth 'X.'

Which club would be willing to spend more than £30 million on Traore?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always hard to calculate what players are really worth.
But I’d be willing to swap him for Jota, so I suppose that makes 30M not unrealistic given he won’t sign a new contract.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't we offload moutinho in the summer and pass on some of the savings to increase traore's wage and neto's too?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Adama, but I think he's shot his bolt for us now.

We will always have Man City.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the point of letting him go is to replace him with like for like! I bloody hope not anyway!

I don't think you can replace like for like. You just get in a player who can be more effective in their own way.
I meant more in terms of experience/quality. If we do let him go we need to be getting a first team player that can make an impact. £50m we could do that, but £30m I think we’d end up having to spend more just to stay the same.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our play is far too negative and defensive for Adama and Neto to really shine.

But arguably the latter has actually done this for us this season he has been the shining light for us bar none.

I don't mean to knock Adama but this season he has shown he is just not capable of adapting his game while Neto has.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just wonder who would pay even £20m for a winger with no goals or assists in the league this season? Put it another way, if he wasnt our player, and you were in charge of the budget, would you be able to justify spending £30-£50 on a winger with his record?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes you wonder how good he could become at a top club with a manager who knows how best to use him.
You know he was at Barcelona under Pep, right? How much bigger a club do you want him at? Or how much more of a top manager does he need?

Oh sorry, I misread it, you were using it to have a go at Nuno.

Back
Top Bottom